Old August 14th 04, 05:44 AM
BIGD

can you program my pro 95 double trunking scanner or lead me to software
??

Old August 14th 04, 05:07 PM
TlgtrProd

Look for a previous recent prvious post on this subject it gives the links to
FREE Win95 software and several links to cable suppliers..

Kevin (aka tlgtr)
****
Zip slowly, medical statistics show that over 100,000 people are injured
annually by their clothing.

Old September 4th 04, 08:09 PM
JunkMan

Why not get a Uniden? So you don't have to put up with Radio Shacks BS.
The 250d with out the digital card is about the same price.
Go to ( scanner world .com ) and have a look.

I saw a Radio Shack flyer saying the PR-95 was $199.95 and they would
"instantly" program in my local channels.
One place said their computer was down, another said they did not have

the
software, another place said only if I purchase the cable and the book

with
the CD containing frequencies, the other place said I would purchase it

and
leave it with them for a week and they would do it in a week.
Unfortunately, I did not call ahead and expected it would be done. I

sent an
e-mail to customer service at RS.
Could anyone give me a recommendation on this offer or about another
scanner?

One of the rat shacks near me actually seems like one of the jamokes

there has
1/2 a brain. The have one of the 95's already programmed with all the

local
freqs and state pd trunk. They will take your new unit out of the box,

use the
patch cable between it and their "demo" and in about 45 seconds, your

scanner is
duped from the demo.

Certainly no effort or time for someone who has a clue, but we are

talking about
shack employees.....

When I bought one last year, the shop I got it in said that
could do it but didn't have the current software. Nearer home, the
duds behind the counter had no idea what I was asking about. I finally
went to the first place, in a different county and all they could do
was load in their own frequency sets, which they did at no charge and
no extra purchase.

Check the ads -- they may specify it as free.

Old September 5th 04, 12:23 PM
bill carty

YEah radio smack programed my scanner and only did the national stuff not
the local stuff. I quess because it was a radio, not a cell phone, not
computer, not an RC toy they have a hard time relating to a scanner.

Win95 is a fair program it will load your scanner.

I would like to find the "code" to write a programs the pro 95. It might be
fun and frustrating all at the same time.

Bill C

Old October 17th 04, 05:50 PM
Evan Platt

On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 19:09:12 GMT, "JunkMan"
wrote:

Why not get a Uniden? So you don't have to put up with Radio Shacks BS.
The 250d with out the digital card is about the same price.
Go to ( scanner world .com ) and have a look.

bc250d: $279
pro-95: $149.

That's nowhere near the same price.

Old October 25th 04, 12:29 AM
Al Klein

wrote:

Why not get a Uniden? So you don't have to put up with Radio Shacks BS.
The 250d with out the digital card is about the same price.
Go to ( scanner world .com ) and have a look.

bc250d: $279
pro-95: $149.

That's nowhere near the same price.

And the RS programming is a good starting point. (Did someone at RS
lose the Caps Lock key turn off?) From there, Radio Reference
http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR is the first place
to go.