Old September 1st 07, 08:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Time to throw in the towel on HD Radio !

High Distortion is about, RHF.

She killlllled a mannnn in Wolf City,Wyoming,,,, she killllled a man,
its trueeeeee,,,,,,,,

I lived in Bozeman,Montana in 1956.I remember a place in Wyoming called
Wolf Creek.There is a Railroad Track there that goes through part of a
Mountainside there.
cuhulin

Old September 1st 07, 08:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

How y'all cats doin ober der in Montana and Wyoming.Say Hello to
Mississippi.Tell her I Love her.
cuhulin

Old September 1st 07, 08:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Speak out and be heard !

On Aug 31, 9:45?pm, RHF wrote:
On Aug 31, 6:32 pm, Zero wrote:

In article . com,

IBOCcrock wrote:
"Is It Open Season or Payback Time for Radio Industry?"

"HD Radio is yesterday's future. We're coming close to the time when
the towel will be thrown in. HD Radio is not going anywhere. Worse, no
radio person will ever use the HD Radio campaign to diagram successful
radio advertising. To continue this chase is to throw manpower and
money away. Want to read a review on one HD receiver? Try this from
Wired.com. I'll give you a quote: Remember those crappy $15 AM/FM
cassette radios from the 80s? The HD100 looks just like one and has
the sound to match. Consumers aren't biting."

http://www.audiographics.com/agd/082107-1.htm

Ha Ha Struble! Ha Ha Eduardo!

My Cambridge Soundworks Clock/Radio receives HD and can toggle back
between analogue and HD. Admittedly, I can't tell the difference even
though the Cambridge product sounds very good. Unfortunately, I live in
an area where reception can be abysmal so I don't seem to get the
digital stuff very often. There are times when a usually strong FM
station just disappears into static on my Harmon-Kardon Stereo receiver.
When I do get the HD, It's nice to see the call letters, the type of
music played by that station (e.g. "Oldies" or "Classic Rock") as well
as the name of the group who plays the current song. Neat.

I suppose what kills so much technology is the vast array of choices.
Too many choices means no choices since one cannot evaluate them all.
Blue-Ray or HD-DVD? Neither! Holographic Video Disk is coming and will
hold 100 GByte. The consumer is the loser in this brave new world since
they were never given a vote and very few understand the technology
anyway. And obsolescence is an eye-blink away.

SBZ

SBZ - Cambridge Soundworks makes some nice Radios ~ RHF
.
I like you am in a Signal Challenged Radio Reception
Location beyond the 10mv/m Contour and HD Radio*
has not been "The Best That It Could Be" here.
* Mostly the Blinking Blue Light without a Signal Lock.
.
Maybe in time they will turn-up the FM "HD" Radio
Power from 1% of Analog to 4~6% and then we will
have a Strong and Consistant "HD" FM Sighnal to
be able to Listen to and Enjoy.
.
.

Can't increase power-levels to the jamming digital saddlebags - just
more interference. And, on a side-note:

"Your letter to FCC re 'corporate thugs' quoted in Radio World,
which also printed your letter to Paul Smith. Beautiful. Official of
NIST requested FCC stop rollout. Articles in 01 SEP R/W also show HD
gang is corrupt and delusional."