Old August 21st 07, 09:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Time to throw in the towel on HD Radio !

"Is It Open Season or Payback Time for Radio Industry?"

"HD Radio is yesterday's future. We're coming close to the time when
the towel will be thrown in. HD Radio is not going anywhere. Worse, no
radio person will ever use the HD Radio campaign to diagram successful
radio advertising. To continue this chase is to throw manpower and
money away. Want to read a review on one HD receiver? Try this from
Wired.com. I'll give you a quote: Remember those crappy $15 AM/FM
cassette radios from the 80s? The HD100 looks just like one and has
the sound to match. Consumers aren't biting."

http://www.audiographics.com/agd/082107-1.htm

Ha Ha Struble! Ha Ha Eduardo!

Old August 21st 07, 11:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default (OT) : HD Radio - Keeping A Straight-Face & Trying Not To Laugh !

On Aug 21, 1:53 pm, IBOCcrock wrote:
"Is It Open Season or Payback Time for Radio Industry?"

"HD Radio is yesterday's future. We're coming close to the time when
the towel will be thrown in. HD Radio is not going anywhere. Worse, no
radio person will ever use the HD Radio campaign to diagram successful
radio advertising. To continue this chase is to throw manpower and
money away. Want to read a review on one HD receiver? Try this from
Wired.com. I'll give you a quote: Remember those crappy $15 AM/FM
cassette radios from the 80s? The HD100 looks just like one and has
the sound to match. Consumers aren't biting."

http://www.audiographics.com/agd/082107-1.htm

Ha Ha Struble! Ha Ha Eduardo!

IBOC Crock,

The HD Radio Newsgroup 'exists' for such Posts
HD RADIO = http://groups.google.com/group/hd-radio
After-all you have posted there several times
and for the most part : There Is No There - There !
Old August 22nd 07, 01:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 21, 9:58 pm, dead of night wrote:
I have a Sangean HDR-1. It is a beautiful instrument and the HD
stations are amazing. I am happy with the purchase.

IBOCcrock wrote:
On Aug 21, 6:56?pm, RHF wrote:
[...]

.
Let US Remember - This Is A Shortwave Radio NewsGroup.
.
keeping a straight-face & trying not to laugh - btdt ~ RHF
.
.
. .

What's the matter - looks like HD Radio is failing, IBOC shill ! Ha!
Ha!- Hide quoted text -

Yea, you got a great deal on the HDT-1:

http://ham-radio.com/k6sti/hdt-1.txt

It's nothing but a cheap-**** empty box ! Now, you will have to
upgrade that with the HDT-1X - a never-ending cycle of hardware/
receiver upgrades:

http://ham-radio.com/k6sti/hdt-1x.txt

Eventually, you will have to buy yet another crappy HD radio -
suckers !

Old August 22nd 07, 03:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 21, 4:53 pm, IBOCcrock wrote:
"Is It Open Season or Payback Time for Radio Industry?"

"HD Radio is yesterday's future. We're coming close to the time when
the towel will be thrown in. HD Radio is not going anywhere. Worse, no
radio person will ever use the HD Radio campaign to diagram successful
radio advertising. To continue this chase is to throw manpower and
money away. Want to read a review on one HD receiver? Try this from
Wired.com. I'll give you a quote: Remember those crappy $15 AM/FM
cassette radios from the 80s? The HD100 looks just like one and has
the sound to match. Consumers aren't biting."

http://www.audiographics.com/agd/082107-1.htm

Ha Ha Struble! Ha Ha Eduardo!

I hope you're right about the future of AM HD. Several stations have
begun testing at night in anticipation of this September. If this
happens the AM braodcast band will be worthless at night. This is so
sad to see what an inept government we have.

Old August 23rd 07, 12:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message
ups.com...
You must have a very dull life - nothing to do but post your very
stupid remarks about HD Radio.

The auto industry is gearing up to add HD Radio to nearly every make
and model automobile within the next 3 years or so. All 2007 BMW's
now offer HD Radio as an option. For 2008, Jaguar has added the
option. Also for 2008, the new luxury car being offered by Hyundai
will have HD Radio as standard, I believe. And the list goes on.

The same nonsense was said about FM Radio, about radio itself when
television took off, about tv dinners, etc. etc. Things don't happen
overnight.

FM did not interfere with anyone's ability to listen to their favorite AM
station. TV didn't interfere with anyone's ability to listen to their
favorite AM or FM station. FM stereo did not interfere with anyone's ability
to listen to their favorite FM station in monaural. AM stereo did not
interfere with anyone's ability to listen to their favorite AM station in
monaural (in fact, it enhanced the experience because of the allowed extra
bandwidth. IBOC DOES interfere with people's abilities to listen to their
favorite stations. Not only does AM-IBOC interfere with stations up to
three channels away from an IBOC station's carrier frequency, but it has
meant that the audio bandwidth now used for AM analog is little or no better
than a telephone. FM-IBOC interferes with first and second adjacent
channels, making them difficult or impossible to receive. And anyone who
lives in a high population area, such as the east coast, knows that their
'local' stations are not the only ones they can hear. Areas between say, New
York and Boston, or New York and Philadelphia, can hear stations easily from
either city. Not with IBOC..

Old August 23rd 07, 12:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 22, 5:50 pm, wrote:
You must have a very dull life - nothing to do but post your very
stupid remarks about HD Radio.

The auto industry is gearing up to add HD Radio to nearly every make
and model automobile within the next 3 years or so. All 2007 BMW's
now offer HD Radio as an option. For 2008, Jaguar has added the
option. Also for 2008, the new luxury car being offered by Hyundai
will have HD Radio as standard, I believe. And the list goes on.

The same nonsense was said about FM Radio, about radio itself when
television took off, about tv dinners, etc. etc. Things don't happen
overnight.

Get a life and grow up.

"U.S. automakers not jumping into HD Radio"

http://www.reuters.com/article/ousiv...7?pageNumber=1

Not happening - Satellite Radio is taking over in-dash, with 1/4 of
new cars having Satellite as stand/optional equipment. Even Hyundai is
installing Satellite as standard in all of its models, except for the
luxery model where HD Radio remains an expensive $500 option. iPod
jack are also taking over in-dash, stupid !

Old August 23rd 07, 12:53 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 22, 5:50?pm, wrote:
You must have a very dull life - nothing to do but post your very
stupid remarks about HD Radio.

The auto industry is gearing up to add HD Radio to nearly every make
and model automobile within the next 3 years or so. All 2007 BMW's
now offer HD Radio as an option. For 2008, Jaguar has added the
option. Also for 2008, the new luxury car being offered by Hyundai
will have HD Radio as standard, I believe. And the list goes on.

The same nonsense was said about FM Radio, about radio itself when
television took off, about tv dinners, etc. etc. Things don't happen
overnight.

Get a life and grow up.

HD Radio is a farce !

http://hdradiofarce.blogspot.com/

Think I give a **** what you think ?

Old August 23rd 07, 04:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 22, 3:53 pm, IBOCcrock wrote:

Think I give a **** what you think ?

Do you really think ANYONE cares what YOU think?

Of course satellite radio is available for most cars. Look how long
satellite radio has been out. Satellite radio was first available in
the LUXURY CARS ONLY, and now available in some non-luxury models.
SAME FOR HD RADIO. It will start with the luxury cars and gradually
work down. Like Satellite radio, receivers will go DOWN in price as
more units are sold.

IF HD Radio was dead, I wouldn't be making the money I am making now
for HD Radio. And the income keeps going UP, not down.

I have NO problem with analog AM reception here in central
California. I get every local station loud and clear, PLUS several
stations hundreds of miles away all day long. NO interference from
the MANY HD stations broadcasting in my area. Get a quality radio and
maybe you won't have all these problems.

Old August 23rd 07, 06:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

- Think I give a **** what you think ?

Old August 24th 07, 11:08 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 23, 1:56 am, RHF wrote:
On Aug 22, 4:53 pm, IBOCcrock wrote:

- Think I give a **** what you think ?

IBOC Crock,

TheHD RadioNewsgroup 'exists' for such PostsHD RADIO=http://groups.google.com/group/hd-radio
After-all you have posted there several times
and for the most part : There Is No There - There !
.
Let US Remember - This Is A Shortwave Radio NewsGroup.
.
mr. crock - keeping a straight-face & trying not to laugh ~ RHF
.
.
. .

**** yourself - HD RAadio is DOA: