Old August 27th 07, 06:47 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default FA Kenwood R-5000 Pristine w/VHF

= = = On Aug 26, 9:11 am, dxace1 wrote:

- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=270159086992

DX Ace # 1

Nice looking Kenwood R-5000 Receiver with the
hard to find Kenwood VC-20 VHF Converter.
http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ270159086992

But currently there is another Kenwood R-5000 Receiver
also with the hard to find Kenwood VC-20 VHF Converter
on eBay at this time too . . .

Plus there are two more Kenwood R-5000 Receivers
listed on eBay at this time also.

FWIW - I Posted your eBay Auction and the rest to
the Kenwood R-5000 Receiver Group on YAHOO !

-FYI- Some Hard-to-Find Kenwood R-5000 Receiver Items on eBay
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kenwoo...0/message/2246

~ RHF
Old August 27th 07, 02:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 26, 1:25 pm, dxace1 wrote:
Wow -- I guess that's what one gets in
trying to ADD relevant information....I
installed the DC connector with an eye
toward eventually installing or wiring some
sort of DC capability. . .but time overtook
me. . . so I am leaving the DC plug in place,
and the new owner can decided whether
to proceed....there has been nothing done
whatsoever to the internal circuitry, and
certainly nothing of the sort implied in the
previous note...

"Dxace1" your auction is now somewhat more informative. A picture of
the boxes for the Kenwood YK88a1 AM and an aftermarket Vertex CW
filter does help. So the potential bidder can guess a bit and assume
the wide position has the Kenwood AM filter, the second position is
still occupied by the standard Kenwood narrow filter, the third
position is empty and the fourth position is occupied by the Vertex CW
filter. But a simple statement saying which filters are installed in
which positions would clarify things.

And apparently the 12 volt plug was added to the back of the
receiver. It is not clear whether the internal cable with the 3 pin
connector is dangling loose within the receiver or simply missing.
Because you talk about "wiring some sort of DC capability" it makes
the reader wonder whether the internal wiring is there or not.

I note that the Buy It Now price was dropped, thereby bringing price
down to a realistic level of $399.

Old August 27th 07, 02:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 26, 1:25 pm, dxace1 wrote:

[...]

Because you talk about "eventually installing or wiring some sort of
DC capability" it makes the reader wonder whether he will have to
build a connector from the plug to the receiver board.

Old September 4th 07, 01:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Re-Listed : FA Kenwood R-5000 Pristine w/VHF

On Sep 2, 3:45 am, RHF wrote:
On Aug 26, 10:47 pm, RHF wrote:

= = = On Aug 26, 9:11 am, dxace1 wrote:

-http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270159086992

DX Ace # 1

Nice lookingKenwoodR-5000Receiver with the
hard to findKenwoodVC-20 VHF Converter.http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ270159086992

But currently there is anotherKenwoodR-5000Receiver
also with the hard to findKenwoodVC-20 VHF Converter
on eBay at this time too . . .

Plus there are two moreKenwoodR-5000Receivers
listed on eBay at this time also.

FWIW - I Posted your eBay Auction and the rest to
theKenwoodR-5000Receiver Group on YAHOO !http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kenwood-r5000/

~ RHF
.
.
. .

-FYI- The nice looking Kenwood R-5000 Receiver
with the Kenwood VC-20 VHF Converter instaledhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270161485883
HAS BEEN RE-LISTED with a lower BIN Price ~ RHF

The new BIN price, which is probably also the reserve price is still
too high. Looks like an early retirement plan has been put on hold.

Old September 4th 07, 01:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Sep 4, 5:02 am, Roadie wrote:
On Sep 2, 3:45 am, RHF wrote:

On Aug 26, 10:47 pm, RHF wrote:

= = = On Aug 26, 9:11 am, dxace1 wrote:

[...]

too high. Looks like an early retirement plan has been put on hold.- Hide quoted text -

Roadie,

Seller states "the reserve on this had to be set
at what I consider to be a more than reasonable
level ABOVE $600."

Open Bid $400 Reserve Price $600+ BIN $800

~ RHF

Old September 4th 07, 02:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 4, 8:15 am, RHF wrote:
On Sep 4, 5:02 am, Roadie wrote:

On Sep 2, 3:45 am, RHF wrote:

On Aug 26, 10:47 pm, RHF wrote:

= = = On Aug 26, 9:11 am, dxace1 wrote:

[...]

The math is more likely: Open bid = $400 BIN Price $800 = Reserve
price

If his new reserve price is $800 that would certainly be ABOVE $600

But the point is still that a Kenwood R5000 with an extremely limited
coverage VHF adaptor is not worth much more than the price of the
receiver with the optional AM wide filter installed.

~ RHF

Old September 4th 07, 02:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Roadie wrote:

On Sep 2, 3:45 am, RHF wrote:
On Aug 26, 10:47 pm, RHF wrote:

= = = On Aug 26, 9:11 am, dxace1 wrote:

[...]

A bit of advice: Worry more about YOUR retirement plan, than that of others!

Old September 5th 07, 01:08 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Sep 4, 6:02 am, Roadie wrote:
On Sep 4, 8:15 am, RHF wrote:

On Sep 4, 5:02 am, Roadie wrote:

On Sep 2, 3:45 am, RHF wrote:

On Aug 26, 10:47 pm, RHF wrote:

= = = On Aug 26, 9:11 am, dxace1 wrote:

[...]

Please Don't Read Into Something that is NOT THERE !

Seller states "the reserve on this had to be set
at what I consider to be a more than reasonable
level ABOVE $600."

Open Bid $400 Reserve Price $600+ BIN $800

$800 Buy-It-Now Price
$400 Opening Bib
--------------------------------
$200 Difference
1/3 of the Difference
--------------------------------
$67
$600
---------------------------------
$667 Reserve Price

"reasonable level ABOVE $600." :
Means over $600 but less than $700

Around $600 means close to $600 : $575~$625

Mid-$600s means Around $650 : $630~$670

High $600s means close to $700 : $675~$699

$800 BIN Means $800

~ RHF
Old September 5th 07, 06:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Roadie wrote:
The new BIN price, which is probably also the reserve price is still
too high. Looks like an early retirement plan has been put on hold.

I'm not in the U.S., but isn't that false advertising? If it is listed
with a minimum bid of $400, if I bid $400 and was the only bidder,
will I get the radio?

If not, IMHO that's false advertising. Since there is a hidden reserve,
you can't read his ad and determine the price. What if you went into a
store and they had the same deal? His ad states that you can bid $400
and have a chance of owning the radio, which is not true.

I know it's an eBay standard. But is it legal?

Someone in the U.S. should complain to the Federal Trade Commission,
and the consumer action groups.

Geoff.
IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
Visit my 'blog at
http://geoffstechno.livejournal.com/
Old September 5th 07, 07:00 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Sep 4, 6:41 am, Roadie wrote:
On Sep 4, 9:06 am, dxAce wrote:

Roadie wrote:
On Sep 2, 3:45 am, RHF wrote:
On Aug 26, 10:47 pm, RHF wrote:

= = = On Aug 26, 9:11 am, dxace1 wrote:

[...]

The comment of course has nothing to do with a retirement plan, but is
a way of pointing out that "DXACE1" is looking for an unrealistic
price. A VHF adapter with such limited coverage really adds litle to
the value.

Roadie,

FYI- The Kenwood VC-20 VHF Converter is
a hard-to-find and sought-after Accessory for
some Kenwood R-5000 Receiver owners.

To the extent that some of the Kenwood VC-20
VHF Converters have sold for $200+ on eBay.

Also some 'like new' Kenwood R-5000 Receivers
with the original Box have sold for $500+ on eBay.

Plus the Kenwood YK88A-1 6kHz AM Filter usually
goes for $100 on eBay.

$200+ Kenwood VC-20 VHF Converter
$500+ Kenwood R-5000 Receiver
$100+ Kenwood YK88A-1 6kHz AM Filter
---------
$800+ All-in-One-Package - Priceless ! )

~ RHF

FS Kenwood R-5000 Michael Lawson Shortwave 0 May 3rd 06 04:17 AM
FS Kenwood R-5000 m II Shortwave 1 May 2nd 06 10:56 PM
Kenwood R-5000 [email protected] Equipment 1 July 5th 05 12:22 PM
Kenwood R-5000 GeorgeF Shortwave 21 October 15th 04 11:49 AM
Kenwood R-5000 $230 grumpus Shortwave 8 October 28th 03 01:06 PM