Old December 5th 07, 08:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Eduardo - Has Working In Radio Cost You A Loan?

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

And a publishing company as well... amazing!

What will be next, an automobile dealership?

We imported and sold sheet music of old Mexican compositions. Probably did
not make more than a few thousand dollars a year on it, but it helped build
good relations with sources in Mexico.

Uh-Huh!

Old December 5th 07, 09:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

The record label was in Ecuador.

Quick, get that up on your website!

It falls in the "who cares" department along with a night club we had for a
while (modeled after the clubs Organización Radio Centro had in Mexico) and
other small businesses, like technical services and such.

Uh-Huh!

Old December 5th 07, 10:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:
"D Peter Maus" wrote in message
David Eduardo wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message
Have you EVER selected music in the US, and if so, have you ever
accepted
Payola?

Stop obfuscating!

I am a manager, not a music director. Your question is irrelevant.

Actually, it's not. That, with all you have said, here, you can't simply
say "yes" or "no" reveals a good deal. And that you now claim to have once
owned a record label as well as radio stations, the question is quite
relevant.

The record label was in Ecuador. Payola is only a legal concept and
proscribed in the US.
Also, in a previous thread, you've claimed you were NOT a manager,
Interesting discrepancy.

I am not a GM, and have not been since 1982.

Hmmm...Interesting...and still no answer.

Not totally unexpected.
Old December 5th 07, 10:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message
Have you EVER selected music in the US, and if so, have you ever
accepted
Payola?

Stop obfuscating!

I am a manager, not a music director. Your question is irrelevant.

Actually, it's not. That, with all you have said, here, you can't
simply say "yes" or "no" reveals a good deal. And that you now claim to
have once owned a record label as well as radio stations, the question
is quite relevant.

The record label was in Ecuador. Payola is only a legal concept and
proscribed in the US.
Also, in a previous thread, you've claimed you were NOT a manager,
Interesting discrepancy.

I am not a GM, and have not been since 1982.

Hmmm...Interesting...and still no answer.

Not totally unexpected.

I'm just messing with DXass. If I am not in a position to decide on new
music ads, there is no way I could have been even offered payola. So,
naturally, I have not received any.

It's amazing how people think that programmers in major markets (the only
place paying to get a song played makes any sense to the record ducks) would
risk six-figure salaries for the small amounts record companies might offer.
Payola hurts ratings, jeopardizes jobs and is certainly more talked about
than done.

The fact that less than 10 people have been indicted for this crime in the
last 50 years says a lot.

Old December 5th 07, 10:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Dec 5, 3:44�pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"IBOCcrock" wrote in message

On Dec 5, 11:21 am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message

Have you EVER selected music in the US, and if so, have you ever
accepted
Payola?

Stop obfuscating!

I am a manager, not a music director. Your question is irrelevant.

"I am a manager"

I bet, that you are real asshole to work under - ever had sex with a
subordinate in exchange for writing a glowing performance appraisal? I
hear those Latina women are real tigers in bed.

0 �1 �2 �3 �4 �5 �6 �7 �8 �9 �10 �+10dB
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||
TROLL-O-METER

0 �1 �2 �3 �4 �5 �6 �7 �8 �9 �10 �+10dB
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||
BULL****-O-METER- Hide quoted text -

Good - it is finally starting to get to you!

Old December 5th 07, 11:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message
Have you EVER selected music in the US, and if so, have you ever
accepted
Payola?

Stop obfuscating!

I am a manager, not a music director. Your question is irrelevant.

Actually, it's not. That, with all you have said, here, you can't simply
say "yes" or "no" reveals a good deal. And that you now claim to have once
owned a record label as well as radio stations, the question is quite
relevant.

The record label was in Ecuador. Payola is only a legal concept and
proscribed in the US.
Also, in a previous thread, you've claimed you were NOT a manager,
Interesting discrepancy.

I am not a GM, and have not been since 1982.

Hmmm...Interesting...and still no answer.

Not totally unexpected.

Well, he's been perfecting this form of behaviour for better than 50 years.

Old December 5th 07, 11:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message
[...]

That wasn't the question.

The question was, have you ever selected music at a radio station.

It's amazing how people think that programmers in major markets (the only
place paying to get a song played makes any sense to the record ducks) would
risk six-figure salaries for the small amounts record companies might offer.
Payola hurts ratings, jeopardizes jobs and is certainly more talked about
than done.

The fact that less than 10 people have been indicted for this crime in the
last 50 years says a lot.

Indictments are, like most legal concepts, narrowly defined. And are
only legal concepts. Not realities.

So is the term 'Payola.'

Elliot Spitzer built much of his legal reputation on the taking of
all the major broadcasters to task for Pay for Play, when he was AG of
New York. And extracted enormous tributes as settlement.

There were no indictments. And there were no illegalities. But he
pursued them, just the same. And won his tributes for it.

Nowhere was the term 'payola' used. But there WAS Pay for Play. Tidy.
Legal. With full disclosures. Grossly misrepresented to the public as
Payola. But it was Pay for Play.

CBS called them Audio End Caps. And we did them for a few days in
Chicago, until Rober Feder blew the entire concept out of proportion in
his column, and trashed the program as 'Payola.'

Perfectly legal. Open and above board. Pay for Play.

But not Payola.

Don't hide behind narrow legal definitions, and historic legal
subtleties to avoid answering the question. Otherwise, you just sound
like the shill you so vociferously deny you are.

As a member here once said, 'the Truth does not require debate tactics.'

I would add, that debate tactics only raise more questions.

Old December 5th 07, 11:07 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

David Eduardo wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message
[...]

Well...50 years so far as anyone has been able to demonstrate.

But even that gets called into question by his own presentation.

Old December 5th 07, 11:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"IBOCcrock" wrote in message

Good - it is finally starting to get to you!

Nah, it's just like bull fighting in Portugal... a lot of fun, but the bull
does not die.

Old December 5th 07, 11:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"IBOCcrock" wrote in message

Good - it is finally starting to get to you!

Nah, it's just like bull fighting in Portugal... a lot of fun, but the bull
does not die.

Yes, from you, the bull goes on and on.