Old December 5th 07, 11:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Eduardo - Has Working In Radio Cost You A Loan?

On Dec 5, 3:51 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:

I had the Ecuadorian rights to the Brambila Musical Mexico catalog,

LOL!!
Old December 6th 07, 02:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
D Peter Maus wrote:

dxAce wrote:

D Peter Maus wrote:

David Eduardo wrote:
"D Peter Maus" wrote in message
David Eduardo wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message
Have you EVER selected music in the US, and if so, have you
ever accepted Payola?

Stop obfuscating!

I am a manager, not a music director. Your question is
irrelevant.

Actually, it's not. That, with all you have said, here, you
can't simply say "yes" or "no" reveals a good deal. And that you
now claim to have once owned a record label as well as radio
stations, the question is quite relevant. The record label was
in Ecuador. Payola is only a legal concept and proscribed in the
US. Also, in a previous thread, you've claimed you were NOT a
manager, Interesting discrepancy.

I am not a GM, and have not been since 1982.

Hmmm...Interesting...and still no answer.

Not totally unexpected.

Well, he's been perfecting this form of behaviour for better than
50 years.

Well...50 years so far as anyone has been able to demonstrate.

But even that gets called into question by his own presentation.

All I want to know is who is going to ask him if he ever took "pay for
play"?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old December 6th 07, 05:57 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Telamon" wrote in message

All I want to know is who is going to ask him if he ever took "pay for
play"?

"Pay for Play" is legal. Payola is illegal.

Pay for Play is, essentially, selling ad time to a record label, booking a
contract, scheduling a song as if it were a commercial, and making sure that
the play was indentified as sponsored by the record label. No different than
running any other 3 or 4 minute spot.

Payola is the taking of money or consideration by a station employee in a
manner unknown and not approved by management for the play of a song or the
promotion of an enterprise. The key element is that the money does not go to
the station, but to an employee and the act is not authorized by an officer
of the licensee.

Pay for Play is authorized and accepted by management, but as a manager I
never accepted such deals as no station I managed accepted more than 60"
spots. Payola is the acceptance of money or consideration by a
non-management person to "slip a song on the air." It's illegal. I've never
done it, and know nobody who has been convicted or even indicted for doing
it, although as a kid I listened to Alan Freed, the DJ who was first
indicted for the practice in the 60's.

Old December 6th 07, 10:14 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message

[...]

Ah, the 60's! That was long before you adopted the 'Eduardo' shtick.

Old December 6th 07, 12:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Dec 6, 12:57 am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"Telamon" wrote in message

[...]

And of course, given that you've lied about practically every
conceivable aspect of your past history and work experience, we have
little reason to believe you. In fact, you seem a little too
interested in the topic of payola.

Old December 6th 07, 01:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Telamon" wrote in message

[...]

Personally, I'm a firm believer in 'payola'. I think that's just what his mother
gave him to get out of Cleveland. 'Payola' = go play somewhere else.

Old December 6th 07, 05:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"Steve" wrote in message

And of course, given that you've lied about practically every
conceivable aspect of your past history and work experience,

I knew that was coming. So far, except in your drugged and drunk little
mind, you have not proven one thing.

we have
little reason to believe you. In fact, you seem a little too
interested in the topic of payola.

I did not bring the subject up. But when Telamon confused a legal with an
illegal act, I felt a definition was in order.

The definition of a faux Hispanic: David Frackelton Gleason

Old December 6th 07, 09:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Dec 6, 11:30 am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message

And of course, given that you've lied about practically every
conceivable aspect of your past history and work experience,

I knew that was coming. So far, except in your drugged and drunk little
mind, you have not proven one thing.

I haven't had to prove anything. You've done a perfectly adequate job
of exposing your own fabrications.

we have
little reason to believe you. In fact, you seem a little too
interested in the topic of payola.

I did not bring the subject up. But when Telamon confused a legal with an
illegal act, I felt a definition was in order.

No. Mostly likely your own passion for payola got the better of you,
causing you to show your hand. I'd urge you to be more careful, but
you've been exposed as a liar so many times that it seems pointless to
recommend caution now.

Old December 8th 07, 05:15 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Steve" wrote in message

And of course, given that you've lied about practically every
conceivable aspect of your past history and work experience,

I knew that was coming. So far, except in your drugged and drunk little
mind, you have not proven one thing.

we have
little reason to believe you. In fact, you seem a little too
interested in the topic of payola.

I did not bring the subject up. But when Telamon confused a legal with an
illegal act, I felt a definition was in order.

Have a taco chip, Tardo. You'll feel better.

http://www.fitnessandfreebies.com/eb...acks/five.html