Old July 10th 08, 11:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default GM/Toyota slam HD Radio!

"MB Docket No. 07-57; Ex Parte Notice of General Motors and Toyota"

"We are writing jointly on behalf of our two companies, General Motors
Corporation and Toyota Motor Sales USA, Inc. to express the opposition
of our companies to suggestions that the Federal Communications
Commission should require the incorporation of HD radio technology in
any satellite radio receiver as a condition of approval of the
proposed merger of XM and Sirius Satellite Radio."

http://tinyurl.com/5hboxp
Old July 11th 08, 03:27 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message
"MB Docket No. 07-57; Ex Parte Notice of General Motors and Toyota"

"We are writing jointly on behalf of our two companies, General Motors
Corporation and Toyota Motor Sales USA, Inc. to express the opposition
of our companies to suggestions that the Federal Communications
Commission should require the incorporation of HD radio technology in
any satellite radio receiver...

This says nothing about their opinion on HD radio....but rather that they do
not want the government to mandate rules.

Old July 11th 08, 03:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default XM {GM/Toyota} Try to Shut-Out the Competition from TerrestrialDigital AM & FM Radio

On Jul 10, 3:48*pm, wrote:
"MB Docket No. 07-57; Ex Parte Notice of General Motors and Toyota"

"We are writing jointly on behalf of our two companies, General Motors
Corporation and Toyota Motor Sales USA, Inc. to express the opposition
of our companies to suggestions that the Federal Communications
Commission should require the incorporation of HD radio technology in
any satellite radio receiver as a condition of approval of the
proposed merger of XM and Sirius Satellite Radio."

http://tinyurl.com/5hboxp

D'Oh ! - What Did You Expect

D'Oh ! - They Are Investors in XM & Sirius

They are Trying to Shut-Out the Competition from Terrestrial
Digital AM & FM Radio.

- - - can you say 'anti-trust'- idtars ~ RHF