Old November 5th 08, 12:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default What will happen on SW after the election

On Nov 2, 3:04*pm, Telamon
wrote:
I wonder if I will hear another Alex Jones meltdown after the election
with a marxist terrorist for president. I swear he sounded this close to
an on the air heart attack one time I was listening to him.

I predict all RHC announcers will be in a state of euphoria.

So what do other people predict will happen on SW with an Obama win?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

What a lunatic.
Old November 5th 08, 01:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Brenda Ann wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message
The fact that it is possible get the most actual votes, yet lose the
election is proof that the "electoral college" bull**** is an absurd way
elect a national leader. The person with the most votes should win, not
based on where those votes came from.

But then the power would all be concentrated in the states with major
population
centres.

Centres? Are our Canadian neighbours rubbing off on you, Steve?

Also, you think that states with major populations centers don't already
control the elections? Montana is a huge state, but still has only 3
electoral votes. Like it or not, the vast majority of the populace is
concentrated in or near the big cities..

Just like the Israelis turning into Nazis, Steve is becoming Canadian.
Old November 5th 08, 01:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
On Nov 3, 7:41 am, "MNMikeW" wrote:
"Telamon" wrote in message

...I wonder if I will hear another Alex Jones meltdown after the election
with a marxist terrorist for president. I swear he sounded this close to
an on the air heart attack one time I was listening to him.
I predict all RHC announcers will be in a state of euphoria.
So what do other people predict will happen on SW with an Obama win?

Pirate activity should pick up. With the coming of the "fairness doctrine"
and all.

Pure paranoia.

It's amazing how nutty ideas like "Obama's going to shut down free
speech" or "He's a Marxist" come from.
Certainly not from any rational place or objective observation, or
any .... what do you call them? oh yeah, FACTS.

It's just a lot of fear and smear. The American people didn't buy
it. And neither should you.
Wait and see. He might be more like Bill Clinton, who left office
with a nearly 70% job approval rating, and
not an awful president like Bush, who is leaving in the 20's.

Even in the unlikely event that a new Fairness Doctrine would mandate
anything more than a standing offer of airtime for opposing viewpoints,
it would only apply to over-the-air broadcasts on the public airwaves;
cable TV and the internets would be unaffected. Nobody listens to the
radio anymore anyway.
Old November 5th 08, 01:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Bush ruined the Republican party.It is going to take a while to rebuild
the Republican party.Look at the makeup of Congress, largely Southern
Republicans.Rebuilding the Republican party can be done.
cuhulin

Old November 5th 08, 01:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Dave wrote:

wrote:
On Nov 3, 7:41 am, "MNMikeW" wrote:
"Telamon" wrote in message

[...]

Nobody? As I've said before, 'tard boy, maybe it's time you made a hasty departure from RRS.

Old November 5th 08, 01:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

The good news here is no more Wicker - Musgrove ads.
cuhulin

Old November 5th 08, 03:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Looka here,,,,, somewhere in one my six WebTV username thingys, (maybe
my alter ego, Alice, has it stored in there) among my thousands of
emails I have sent to myself before of websites, one of them is about
Gruber's, Caissons Go Rolling Along.Something there about when our prez
serves us badly, it is not our Duty to obey him,,, something like
that.It was said by a former U.S.President many years ago.
I still believe Obama was born in Kenya.
cuhulin

Old November 5th 08, 03:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Reagan never was worth a crap as an actor.He F..ked up with his
Silverado savings and loan scandal too.I never have liked that *******.
cuhulin

Old November 5th 08, 05:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
Dave wrote:
Even in the unlikely event that a new Fairness Doctrine would mandate
anything more than a standing offer of airtime for opposing viewpoints,
it would only apply to over-the-air broadcasts on the public airwaves;
cable TV and the internets would be unaffected. Nobody listens to the
radio anymore anyway.

An interesting observation. When McCain's consession speach got down
to the "thanking his campaign manager's dog" point, I did a band scan
of both the AM and FM bands. There were a dozen or so broadcasts of
the speech on the AM band from stations biased to all different points
of the politcal spectrum, but only two or three on on the FM band
and they were either on local NPR or the CBC. FM was business as usual,
(robot pop/country/rock-oldies music where I live), no way to tell that
anything was happening in the real world. (Public service, my ass.
To Hell with corporate radio).

Mark Zenier

(OT) : 2008 Election Politics - Count Every Public Open Election Vote : Say No to RHF the news group retard Telamon Shortwave 4 May 24th 08 06:55 PM
For those who said it can't happen...... D Peter Maus Shortwave 18 March 19th 08 01:16 AM
How did this happen? [email protected] Boatanchors 1 February 20th 06 11:59 PM
Why Does This Happen? Lenny Shortwave 7 February 4th 06 04:26 PM
It can't happen here... Andrew Oakley Shortwave 57 August 25th 05 08:29 AM