Old November 6th 08, 11:49 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default What will happen on SW after the election

On Nov 5, 6:47*am, dxAce wrote:
Meanwhile, I'm going to be waiting for my packing crate...uh..hut. I sure hope it comes
with some nice tin.- Hide quoted text -

LOL, can you ground to tin? Just curious. :-D
Old November 6th 08, 12:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Nov 5, 11:10*pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article
,

*Telamon wrote:
I wonder if I will hear another Alex Jones meltdown after the election
with a marxist terrorist for president. I swear he sounded this close to
an on the air heart attack one time I was listening to him.

I predict all RHC announcers will be in a state of euphoria.

So what do other people predict will happen on SW with an Obama win?

That didn't take long.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/11/06/2411974.htm

Now for the Alex Jones meltdown. News at 11:00.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

No response Telamon? I am surprised. ;-)
Old November 6th 08, 12:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Nov 3, 5:31*pm, SW4ever wrote:
Well I can well imagine a re-invigoration of VOA to get the message
out that confrontational foreign policy is going to change. There is a
great opportunity here to get back on track with our neighbors around
the world, and what better way than spending some bucks on
communicating via shortwave radio. Oh, I know, the naysayers say SW is
an ancient technology. Well they are right- it's been with us for many
decades and will be with us for a long, long time yet, still relevant.
Today I spent a few hours total off and on listening. Actually
LISTENING and LEARNING about others around the world ....
* * * * * * * * *Along the line of smoky hills
* * * * * * * * The crimson forest stands
* * * * * * * * And all the day the bluejay calls
* * * * * * * * *Throughout the Autumn lands ...
A beautiful poem to compliment a beautiful, ever fascinating, radio
hobby...
Good luck, America, choose wisely in your election, many are counting
on you...

Telamon wrote:
I wonder if I will hear another Alex Jones meltdown after the election
with a marxist terrorist for president. I swear he sounded this close to
an on the air heart attack one time I was listening to him.

I predict all RHC announcers will be in a state of euphoria.

So what do other people predict will happen on SW with an Obama win?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

They announce "Barack Obama broke the last color barrier in America
today, winning a decisive mandate and dealing a serious blow to the
opposition party, reeling from eight years of a deeply unpopular
president".

Or something like that.

Then everything goes on, life as normal. Not much changes for most
people most of the time, except with the very worst of presidents.

Old November 6th 08, 12:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Nov 5, 6:19*pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article
,

wrote:
On Nov 2, 3:04*pm, Telamon
wrote:
I wonder if I will hear another Alex Jones meltdown after the election
with a marxist terrorist for president. I swear he sounded this close to
an on the air heart attack one time I was listening to him.

I predict all RHC announcers will be in a state of euphoria.

So what do other people predict will happen on SW with an Obama win?

What a lunatic.

You predict that you are a lunatic? We already knew that . Try again.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Nope. I just discount disinformation and junk news sources as such,
rather than being suckered into them.

Unlike you, I don't believe crazy conspiracy crap because it's on some
internet site.
Old November 7th 08, 01:55 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article
,
BCBlazysusan wrote:

On Nov 5, 11:10*pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article
,

*Telamon wrote:
I wonder if I will hear another Alex Jones meltdown after the election
with a marxist terrorist for president. I swear he sounded this close to
an on the air heart attack one time I was listening to him.

I predict all RHC announcers will be in a state of euphoria.

So what do other people predict will happen on SW with an Obama win?

That didn't take long.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/11/06/2411974.htm

Now for the Alex Jones meltdown. News at 11:00.

No response Telamon? I am surprised. ;-)

I made two predictions and one came true already. How long before the
other one comes true?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old November 7th 08, 10:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Nov 6, 7:47*am, wrote:
On Nov 5, 6:19*pm, Telamon
wrote:

In article
,

wrote:
On Nov 2, 3:04*pm, Telamon
wrote:
I wonder if I will hear another Alex Jones meltdown after the election
with a marxist terrorist for president. I swear he sounded this close to
an on the air heart attack one time I was listening to him.

I predict all RHC announcers will be in a state of euphoria.

So what do other people predict will happen on SW with an Obama win?

What a lunatic.

You predict that you are a lunatic? We already knew that . Try again.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Nope. *I just discount disinformation and junk news sources as such,
rather than being suckered into them.

Unlike you, I don't believe crazy conspiracy crap because it's on some
internet site.- Hide quoted text -

sigh- a big one I won't even bother. You shall see - but your screen
name will more than likely be in it's seventh new name, but make no
mistake about it. I **WILL** say "I Told You So." But alas, you still
won't see it, but I will remind you. :-)
Old November 7th 08, 10:59 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Nov 6, 8:55*pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article
,

*BCBlazysusan wrote:
On Nov 5, 11:10*pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article
,

*Telamon wrote:
I wonder if I will hear another Alex Jones meltdown after the election
with a marxist terrorist for president. I swear he sounded this close to
an on the air heart attack one time I was listening to him.

I predict all RHC announcers will be in a state of euphoria.

So what do other people predict will happen on SW with an Obama win?

That didn't take long.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/11/06/2411974.htm

Now for the Alex Jones meltdown. News at 11:00.

No response Telamon? I am surprised. ;-)

I made two predictions and one came true already. How long before the
other one comes true?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California- Hide quoted text -

Which was.....and which is? I think I missed it or misunderstood what
you're talking about.

Old November 8th 08, 04:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article
,
BCBlazysusan wrote:

On Nov 6, 8:55*pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article
,

*BCBlazysusan wrote:
On Nov 5, 11:10*pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article
,

*Telamon wrote:
I wonder if I will hear another Alex Jones meltdown after the
election with a marxist terrorist for president. I swear he
sounded this close to an on the air heart attack one time I
was listening to him.

I predict all RHC announcers will be in a state of euphoria.

So what do other people predict will happen on SW with an Obama win?

That didn't take long.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/11/06/2411974.htm

Now for the Alex Jones meltdown. News at 11:00.

No response Telamon? I am surprised. ;-)

I made two predictions and one came true already. How long before the
other one comes true?

Which was.....and which is? I think I missed it or misunderstood what
you're talking about.

The RHC one as referenced by the link above. Don't worry about Dog
breath as he doesn't listen to SW.

Alex Jones is still running around free.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old November 8th 08, 04:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Nov 4, 1:42 pm, dxAce wrote:
Bob Campbell wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message

1 (one) vote may not count for all that much out of millions of votes, but
what if
all of the people who think that their 1 (one) vote doesn't count don't
vote?

Elections can, and are, lost because of all the individuals who think that
their 1
(one) vote doesn't count.

If only the "popular vote" was counted, then every vote would count. But
the way everyone's vote is compartmentalized into states (the "electoral
college" scam), all it takes is one person voting in each state to determine
the winner.

Example: You want to vote for candidate Tweedle Dee, but you say **** it I
don't feel like voting. Your state goes for Tweedle Dee, but candidate
Tweedle Dum wins the election.

Explain to me again how "every vote counts". Your vote would have made
absolutely no difference at all, because of the "electoral college"
bull****. If popular votes counted, then your vote COULD have made a
difference.

The fact that it is possible get the most actual votes, yet lose the
election is proof that the "electoral college" bull**** is an absurd way to
elect a national leader. The person with the most votes should win, not
based on where those votes came from.

But then the power would all be concentrated in the states with major population
centres.

You Liberal/Democrat/Marxists need to stop whining.

No, just exactly the opposite.

Popular vote would give every person in the USA *exactly* the same
vote for president in a single national election.
Whereas the electoral college OVER-REPRESENTS low-population states,
because they get 3 "FREEBIE" electoral votes no matter how small the
state population is. Theoretically, a state could have 1 resident
with 3 electoral votes, to take the silly extreme, vs. a tiny fraction
of a millionth of an electoral vote in a large state.

It may come as a revelation, but a lot more people live in cities and
surrounding suburbs, than live in rural areas.
States with big population centers also have more voters who need
represented.

(OT) : 2008 Election Politics - Count Every Public Open Election Vote : Say No to RHF the news group retard Telamon Shortwave 4 May 24th 08 06:55 PM
For those who said it can't happen...... D Peter Maus Shortwave 18 March 19th 08 01:16 AM
How did this happen? [email protected] Boatanchors 1 February 20th 06 11:59 PM
Why Does This Happen? Lenny Shortwave 7 February 4th 06 04:26 PM
It can't happen here... Andrew Oakley Shortwave 57 August 25th 05 08:29 AM