Old December 15th 08, 02:03 AM posted to rec.radio.cb,alt.politics,misc.legal,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.video.dvd

Default KB9RQZ blog should be titled LID SPOT for LIDS Rule Amateur Radionowadays!

On Dec 12, 1:32*am, Lids wrote:
I believe KB9RQZ blog should be titled LID SPOT for Thanks to CLOWNS the
likes of you, Amateur Radios death is eminent.

Thank You, for nowadays The Internet RULES! I Thank God for the Internet
so I can filtered out Toddler's voices such as yourselves. For you know
the old saying; Children Should be Seen and NOT Heard.

Why don't you youngsters return to the Children's Band where you ALL
belong and leave Amateur Radio to the grown-ups?

Thanks

Internet Rules!

But who are the clowns? The hams in Utah think the hams in my area are
the keyclowns and lids guilty of bad amateur practice, while the hams
in my area think the hams in Utah are the keyclowns and lids guilty of
bad amateur practice.

At least cbers agree on what the proper CB protocols are nationwide,
unlike ham radio operators who can't agree on what the proper ham
protocols
are nationwide

..

Old December 15th 08, 07:03 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
OM OM is offline

On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 18:03:19 -0800 (PST), radioguy
wrote:

At least cbers agree on what the proper CB protocols are nationwide

....WHAT protocols? "Break One-Nine", "Big Ten-Four" and "You've got a
Smokey at mile marker..." and that's about it.

OM
--
]=====================================[
] Let's face it: Sometimes you *need* [
Old December 15th 08, 01:21 PM posted to rec.radio.cb,alt.politics,misc.legal,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.video.dvd

On Dec 14, 9:03*pm, radioguy wrote:
On Dec 12, 1:32*am, Lids wrote:

[...]

.

cbers dont agree on squat, keyclown. turn the cb on and listen to the
sociopaths...I have heard people say they would burn another persons
house down and shoot their kids as they escape the flames. THAT is the
current state of cb radio...lots of fags, molesters, inbred jackoffs
with teeth broken off at the gumline. Protocol my ass, the only things
these idiots are "pro" about is threatening people, cuss fighting, and
yelling out "AHHHHHHHHHDIO, AHHHHHHDIO" on the air.
Old December 16th 08, 01:32 AM posted to rec.radio.cb,alt.politics,misc.legal,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.video.dvd

On Dec 12, 1:32*am, Lids wrote:

[...]

yelling out "AHHHHHHHHHDIO, AHHHHHHDIO" on the air.- Hide quoted text -

I usually don't hear any of that on cb here. So that says more about
the area of the country you live in than anything else.

I do hear it occassionally here but it was by only one person around
this whole area. Which is full of people.

He was doing it to just annoy the truckers and everyone else.

No, I don't know who he is.

I live right next to the interstate, and most of the CB transmissions
I hear are completely civil and polite.

Including the truckers' channel.

I have also nrever heard any of the supposed "10 meter cb intruders"
or freeband operators even though I have equipment capable of picking
them up,
live rightnext to the interstate where it's "easiest to hear all the
truckers illegally operating on the freeband and 10 meter ham band"
and have tried.

I am able to hear our local hams on 10 meters, simplex, who are much
farther away from me than the truckers on the interstate are.

I very much doubt that any of the "truckers illegally operating on 10
meters and the freeband" ever happened.

At least not to the degree certain people are making it out to be.

There might have been a few peopl who did, unaware, since they legally
bought their radio from legal stores (before the FCC ever said they
were illegal) and therefore mistakenly thought that it was legal to
use any of the channels on it. Since they were never warned otherwise
when the bought their
radios and they're not hams who understand all the radi laws.

To the average person, if it's bought from a legal store, it's
perfectly legal to use it as sold.

I think I was even taught that in the public schools. So it's no
wonder that's what the average person thinks.

Also, the average person legally has a ereasonable expectation that
it's legal to use any channel on it when bought from a legal well-
known store.

Old December 16th 08, 01:52 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
At least cbers agree on what the proper CB protocols are nationwide

...WHAT protocols? "Break One-Nine", "Big Ten-Four" and "You've got a
Smokey at mile marker..." and that's about it.

* * * *

exactly. The hams can't even agree on whether Breaker to just break
into a conversation is acceptable or not. The hams in my area have
been using Breaker that way even BEFORE CB radio was ever made into a
radio service.

While hams in other parts of the country say Breaker is to only be
used to mean you have an emergency, and that anyone using it just to
break into a conversation is a clueless newbie or a clueless cber who
brought it over from the CB band and don't know anything about the
proper ham radio protocols.

My questions: How could they have broyght it over from CB when they
were using it that way here (to just break into conversations just to
talk) BEFORE CB ever even existed?

How can they be newbies to ham radio when they were using it that way
on ham radio here BEFORE CB ever even existed?

How can they nott know anything about proper ham radio protocols when
they were using these ham radio protocols this wayBEFORE CB ever even
existed?

Also here, they say "good amateur practice" is to always say "clear"
right before signing off if no one answers you or even making a test
by yourself
so that everyone will know you're done and not be waiting around
wondering whether you're done or not.

And that it's being a lid and "bad amateur practice" if you don't say
"clear" before doing so.

The Utah lids list says that it's good amateur practicee to never say
"clear" before signing off and that it's being a lid and "bad amateur
practice" to sy "clear" before signing off if no one answers you or
you're making tests by yourself.

What hams here say is a violation of FCC rules is what the hams in
Utah say should always be done.

And what the hams in Utah say is a violation of FCC rules is what the
hams here say should always be done.

So much for my plans of using ham radio while travelling the country.
If I diddn't have the internet, which I once didn't and probably won't
again sometime in the future, I wouldn't have known about the
differences there and would most likely have gotten hit by the FCC
with a very heavy fine I can't afford for "bad amateur radio
praactice" thinking I was following "good amateur practice" since
Utah's "bad amateurt practice" is considered "good amateur practice
here" and Utah's "good amateur practice" is considered "bad amateur
practice" here.

99 percent of the things on the Utah lids list was completely the
opposite way it is here.

Even though we're in the same country.

Just not the same state.

Now I'm not saying all CBers are perfet either.There's definitely some
jerks on CB radio and definitely some jerks on ham radio. But they
seem to be in the minority on both services. At least around here.

However, even the CB jerks agree with the decent CBers on what the
proper CB protocols are. The CB jerks justknowingly ignore the proper
protocols .

Old December 16th 08, 03:31 AM posted to rec.radio.cb,alt.politics,misc.legal,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.video.dvd

Default w4nti and k3vr are both sol now

On Dec 15, 8:32*pm, radioguy wrote:
On Dec 15, 8:21*am, wrote:

Also, the average person legally has a ereasonable expectation that
it's legal to use any channel on it when bought from a legal well-
known store.-

an interesting pov although a lot of say walmart radion do clearly
state on the boxes that a license is required
Old December 16th 08, 03:46 AM posted to rec.radio.cb,alt.politics,misc.legal,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.video.dvd

On Dec 15, 8:21*am, wrote:

Also, the average person legally has a ereasonable expectation that
it's legal to use any channel on it when bought from a legal well-
known store.-

an interesting pov although a lot of say walmart radion do clearly
state on the boxes that a license is required

well, that's a little different. If it's stated on the box in big easy
to read letters (which most aren't. They're usually the very tiniest
print on the outside or the very tiniest print in the manual inside
that's still almost unradable even when using a magnifying glass),
then there's legally not a reasonable expectation that they can use
all the channels without a license.

Just some of them.

Theproblem is with most of the disclaimers being unreadable even with
a magnifying glass.

And my Motorla FRS/GMRS radio actually says on the outside of the case
"no license required".

The reasonable expectation there is that a license isn't required to
use it at all .

Actually, most of the frs/gmrs radios I've seen for sale say in very
big easy to read letters "NO LICENSE REQUIRED" and only say in the
tiniest
print virtually unreadable without a magnifyting glass, "a gmrs
license is required for use on gmrs frequencies".

One of my local tv station duopolies also did that trick.

At the required hourly I.D., they would have in very big letters and
logo taking up virtually the whole screen, the i.d. of the station
that it was NOT.

And have the i.d. of the station that it WAS in very very tiny letters
at the bottom of the screen, unreadable without a magnifying glass.

And no, it wasn't because of "my eyes".

Even kids with good eyes wouldn't have been able to read the legal
i.d. of the station it was without a magnifying glass.

It wasn't even as big as the print on this message I'm writing right
now. And my computer is currently set on the smallest print the
computer is
capable of. !!!!

Old December 18th 08, 10:00 AM posted to rec.radio.cb,alt.politics,misc.legal,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.video.dvd

So, you don't know who the lids are on Amateur Radios and why it's death
is imminent. The ones I used to hear on 3,945 before Riley Hollingsworth
took them down. These foul-mouthed people in this group who take the
time to write words like **** and on the Radio.

This just goes to show why we need a full-time babysitter for Amateur
Radio on account of our hobby is infested with foul-mouthed toddlers aka
LIDS!

Therefore, in my personal opinion the LIDS in Amateur Radios will be
it's death, not due to Code, or Testing, or the Internet, it's due
totally to the foul-mouthed, immature people that's killing off Amateur
Radio. So Amateur Radios death is imminent!

Old December 18th 08, 08:57 PM posted to rec.radio.cb,alt.politics,misc.legal,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.video.dvd

Default 6days till hanukah

On Dec 18, 8:49*am, Dave wrote:
Lids wrote:
So, you don't know who the lids are on Amateur Radios and why it's death
is imminent. The ones I used to hear on 3,945 before Riley Hollingsworth
took them down. These foul-mouthed people in this group who take the
time to write words like **** and on the Radio.

This just goes to show why we need a full-time babysitter for Amateur
Radio on account of our hobby is infested with foul-mouthed toddlers aka
LIDS!

Therefore, in my personal opinion the LIDS in Amateur Radios will be
it's death, not due to Code, or Testing, or the Internet, it's due
totally to the foul-mouthed, immature people that's killing off Amateur
Radio. So Amateur Radios death is imminent!

Simple. *Just ban voice modes. *I've never seen anybody rant on psk.- Hide quoted text -