Old July 12th 09, 06:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default BREAKING NEWS! iBiquity decalred bankruptcy in 2008! LMFAO!!!

On Jul 10, 6:33�pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

Here you go... call 011 (593-07) 281 33 54 in the afternoon and ask for
Patricio Toro. He worked for me from close to the beginning of my
ownership
days in Ecuador and is now a respected national show host on Canela FM, a
network of about a dozen FM stations.

You are the one who refuses to see truth... despite the ease of
verification
that exists.

If verification is so damn easy, then show me the paperwork!

Elsewise shut your faux Hispanic mouth, boy!

Nearly nobody keeps papers other than birth certificates and diplomas for 45
years... I certainly did not keep copies of station licenses or articles of
incorporation... in those days, such things were kept on file at a
government office, and businesses did not have copy machines in that era
there. But plenty of people can attest to the fact I owned the largest group
of stations ever assembled in Ecuador up to that time.

It's you who has a problem... whether it be your constant cussing and anal
references or your insults to fine people like the Canadians or your envy of
those who have made something of themselves.- Hide quoted text -

"Black Friday for HD Radio"

"Nor was I surprised when Kurt veered left to discuss - and dismiss -
HD Radio. What fascinated me was the reaction. Any room full of
broadcasters is full of HD radio doubters, nowadays. But the vibe in
this room was remarkable for the eye-rolling and audible snickering
that greeted virtually any mention of HD... Hope that we're too smart
to be taken in by pyramid schemes. Hope that those with a vested
interest will be revealed for what they are."

http://www.hear2.com/2008/03/this-weeks-desp.html

Even Mark Ramsey admitted that you all are a bunch of fraudsters -
well, getting tired. This should keep you busy - LOL!
Old July 12th 09, 06:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Booble" wrote in message

And, I'm sure you know that IBOC was created (could have used FMeXtra)
to destroy community radio - right?

Actually, HD was developed nearly 20 years ago by what used to be Bell
Laboratories, and then merged with complementary technologies to create
iBiquity with the goal of finding an in-band digital solution for AM and FM
that would not upset the entire industry and which would bring digital to
radio just as it was coming to TV.

Community radio did not exist in 1990.

Old July 12th 09, 06:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Booble" wrote in message

And, that iBiquity took advantage of the loophole in FCC Rule 73.44,
in order to jam adjacents off the dial?

They could "jam" AMs in the same market, and it would not make a difference.
AM is dead.

The leading authority on stations, valuations and facilities lists 1761 AMs
in the top 100 markets. Of these, 208 are listed as "viable" meaning they
have adequate signal day and night to compete. That means there are an
average of 2 decent AMs per market in the top 100 cities of the US... while
there are an average of 11 viable FMs per market. And that is why today's
only broadly successful formats on AM, talk and sports, are migrating in
nearly every market to FM.

The Koreans could jam the entire band and 95% of the radio listeners under
50 would never notice.

Old July 12th 09, 06:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Booble" wrote in message

Even Mark Ramsey admitted that you all are a bunch of fraudsters -
well, getting tired. This should keep you busy - LOL!

I'll bet if you did a poll, about 99% of the people in radio in the US don't
even know who Mark Ramsey is.

Grasping at straws, eh?

Oh, and hey, how about learning to truncate long posts. It makes you look
almost as bad as a top poster... in other words, a USENET newbie. Or just
ignorant...

Old July 12th 09, 07:22 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"David Eduardo" wrote in message

For example, I thought HD would help AM survive, but several years more
time has shown that AM is too far gone to be saved by anything and is a
lost cause.

AM committed suicide by filling the band with clone stations spewing
Hannity/Noory/Limbaugh/sportstalk 24/7 so that you couldn't get rid of them
no matter how far you drove.

Old July 12th 09, 08:00 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

"David Eduardo" wrote in message

For example, I thought HD would help AM survive, but several years more
time has shown that AM is too far gone to be saved by anything and is a
lost cause.

AM committed suicide by filling the band with clone stations spewing
Hannity/Noory/Limbaugh/sportstalk 24/7 so that you couldn't get rid of
them no matter how far you drove.

Radio is local. It sells local spots, even for national clients. And whether
Noory is on in an adjacent market on another signal is irrelevant...
listeners don't listen in any measurable amount to anything but the
strongest local stations.

AM lost to FM in 1977. Limbaugh did not even go on a network feed for more
than a decade, and he is widely credited, along with Clear Channel, for
saving AM from extinction back then by bringing back interest in AM
stations. The numbers for AM in each market prove that point, if you want to
buy a copy of Jim Duncan's trending by station by market dating to 1975.

Old July 12th 09, 09:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jul 11, 6:52*pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
wrote in message

I really don't see why there are people who take on Dave on a personal
basis for his ill-advised Kool-Aid drinking belief in IBOC.

You've obviously missed the posts where I've indicated I think that AM HD is
dead, because the AM band is dead now save a handful of stations and those
will have moved their content to FM in the next few years, like another,
WERC in Birmingham, did last week. When excellent signal AMs like KIRO,
WIBC, WERC, KTAR, KSL, etc., move to FM or are simulcasting with the intent
of moving, we know what the endgame is.

And on FM, there was a window of opportunity which has been closed by the
recession. Technology has moved past HD, and nobody has the money to buy the
radios, good or bad.

Oh, I've seen all your comments on AM and IBOC. I just don't drink the
Kool-Aid.

IBOC is not "on channel", unless you count someone else's channel as
being "on channel." You look at all the engineering that went into
keeping one station from bleeding into another, and "it was good."
Then along comes IBOC and it just pees on the adjacent channel. Worse
yet, they run that damn hash generator at night so it has skip.

Give them good programing, and they will listen. You don't need
gimmicks like IBOC.
Old July 12th 09, 10:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message

[...]

It's not as simplistic and one-dimensional as that. First, TV was going
digital, the Internet is digial and radio is analog. Some kind of digital
bragging right was desirable. Second, the entire industry and its 100,000
employees would be shaken by trying the European concept of a new band...
and hindsight proved that to be true.

On AM there was no measurable listening to adjacent channel stations within
the primary curves of another station, and night listening to AM is
miserably low, so any loss against a potential gain is minimal.

What was not looked at is the fact that these are all "rearranging the deck
chairs on the Titanic" issues since AM is for most stations and most markets
well on its way out and for all practical purposes, near death.

IBOC is not "on channel", unless you count someone else's channel as
being "on channel." You look at all the engineering that went into
keeping one station from bleeding into another, and "it was good."
Then along comes IBOC and it just pees on the adjacent channel. Worse
yet, they run that damn hash generator at night so it has skip.

Again, you are talking about AM. There is a Spanish saying that goes "a
monkey when dressed in silk is still a monkey." There is little or no hope
for AM. Wasting time worrying about adjacent channel stations that nobody
but a few hundred, mostly senile, DXers listen to, is absurd.

Give them good programing, and they will listen. You don't need
gimmicks like IBOC.

You need FM. Nobody under 50 listens much to AM, and the figures drop every
year. Yet when reasonably successful stations on AM move to FM, they grow,
particularly in the under-55 ages that you can sell. An example is the AM
sports station in Detroit, which added FM. Now it is the #1 station in the
whole market... while on AM it was way behind the pack. Same programming,
but on FM... because most people who are not seniors will not listen to AM.

Old July 12th 09, 10:06 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message

Give them good programing, and they will listen. You don't need
gimmicks like IBOC.

It's been so long since there was good programming that bean counters and
PD's have forgotten what good programming IS. They think this (still) IS.
Back when these tight formats and formulaic station operation first came in,
of COURSE they became popular. At the time, THEY WERE DIFFERENT. People LIKE
different when it comes to their entertainment. The stuff got old YEARS ago,
but since nothing new is being introduced, nobody knows the difference. It's
"Hey, this stuff worked in the late 50's for Alan Freed, it will work for
us, too." This is how you get 15 clones of reality TV shows that nobody
really watches, they're just too bored to change the channel, since the
other channels have the same garbage on.

Eduardo talks about how bad indy bands are and that nobody listens to them.
I guess he thinks that the Beatles, Stones, Eagles, Bon Jovi and others were
always hot commercial bands.. everybody starts out indy.. the ones that are
given a chance are the ones that make it. The Beatles came up doing dingy
clubs in Germany and worked their way up to command performances before they
were ever signed to a lable. The Eagles used to come and play our little
local venue in Astoria (the National Guard armory) before anyone ever
thought of "Take it Easy." Jon Bon Jovi played small club venues in New
Jersey and the surrounding area for years before he was "discovered".

Suits think the world revolves around them, and that their ideas of how
things work, or should work, are the only ones that matter. Well, there's a
world of people out here that disagree with them.. and they're about to find
that out the hard way.

Old July 12th 09, 10:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message

Eduardo talks about how bad indy bands are and that nobody listens to
them. I guess he thinks that the Beatles, Stones, Eagles, Bon Jovi and
others were always hot commercial bands.. everybody starts out indy.. the
ones that are given a chance are the ones that make it. The Beatles came
up doing dingy clubs in Germany and worked their way up to command
performances before they were ever signed to a lable. The Eagles used to
come and play our little local venue in Astoria (the National Guard
armory) before anyone ever thought of "Take it Easy." Jon Bon Jovi played
small club venues in New Jersey and the surrounding area for years before
he was "discovered".

But they were not ready for mass exposure on the radio any more than a
medical school grad is ready to operate on people alone without an
internship and residency period...

Radio, when it started asking listeners to grade the songs one by one,
learned that most of those things were not a service to listeners, who

(OT) Breaking News! dxAce Shortwave 2 July 6th 09 02:56 PM
IBIQUITY TROLLS FOR VOLUNTEER POLICE FORCE - LMFAO! [email protected] Shortwave 0 May 4th 09 09:09 PM
Ford, an investor in iBiquity, slams HD Radio! LMFAO!!! BoobleStubble Shortwave 3 November 30th 08 11:18 PM
BREAKING NEWS: Hamvention=AE Names 2008 Award Winners William M. Pasternak Info 0 April 11th 08 11:00 PM
Breaking HD News!!! [email protected] Shortwave 1 September 26th 07 03:52 PM