Old September 16th 09, 01:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default G.E.Superadio I

Working in that battery factory, we had to wear heavy rubber steel toe
boots and whatever material our uniforms were made of, the battery acid
didn't eat them up, and we had to wear long vinyl plastic gloves.Some of
the roller lines, some of the rollers wouldn't turn/revolve, so we had a
little pump up plastic garden sprayer, we had to spray oil on the
lines/rollers so we could slide those batteries on to and off of the
lines. One time, one of those extra heavy batteries slipped out of my
hands and landed on my left foot, it broke my middle toe in two places.

That battery factory was the most fun place I ever worked at before.I
always listened to talk shows on my radio.Joyce Creel used to run and
unplug my radio.We would cuss each other out.One time she accidently
knocked my radio over and bent the antenna.I told her, Don't worry about
it.I straightened the antenna out good enough.Her mom worked there too,
but they wouldn't aknowledge each other.
That battery factory opened in 1961, it closed down about thirty or
thirty five years later.
cuhulin

Old September 16th 09, 01:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

The pure Sulphuric battery acid we used was delivered to the factory in
white tanker 18 wheeler trucks from New Orleans.One time, I asked our
Foreman guy if I can have some on that pure battery acid.He gave me a
glass jar of it.I still have it too.He said, Be careful, don't let it
get on your skin, it has a chemical burn equal to seven hundred and
thirty five degrees.I Guarantee you, only one drop of that one hundred
percent pure Sulphuric acid, if it gets on your skin, it will make you
think you are in another World! I Know!
cuhulin

Old September 16th 09, 02:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

One time, I was trying to clean some battery corrosion out of an old
aluminum flashlight.I poured a little bit (about a spoon full) of that
pure Sulphuric acid in there.Immediatelly, it got HOT and smoke started
coming out of there.I dropped the flashlight and I ran out of my
shed.That stuff is Dangerous!
cuhulin

Old September 16th 09, 05:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I stopped workin on my old trailer at 10:45 to watch one of my favorite
old movies on teh TCM channel, It Happened One Night.wHen the movie is
over I needs to go to the Lowe's store for twelve 1/4'' by about three
inches long bolts.

He flys the air with the greatest of easeeeeeeee,,,,,, the daring young
man on the flying trapezeeeee,,,,,,
cuhulin

Old September 16th 09, 05:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

That stuff ate a big hole in the bottom of that old aluminum
flashlight.I was scared of breathing the vapors.
cuhulin

FS: G.E. Superadio II Frank Shortwave 5 May 10th 06 07:21 AM
FS: GE Superadio Frank Bals Shortwave 0 January 15th 05 03:02 PM
FS: GE Superadio III Frank Bals Shortwave 0 January 12th 05 04:31 AM
FS: GE Superadio II Frank Bals Swap 4 January 29th 04 12:53 AM
FS: G.E. Superadio 2 Frank Bals Swap 0 January 26th 04 03:32 AM