Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 5th 09, 03:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Portable SW Radio Antenna Jack

I've got a nifty little Grundig G6 Aviator radio and I want to build
an active antenna to plug into the antenna jack. This radio, like
many new portable SW sets, has the 1/8" mono jack for antenna
output.

Can anyone tell me which contact is for the antenna? The tip or the
shaft? (Heh-heh...tip... shaft). Is the other contact the ground? In
the old days the desktop rigs either had a PL259 or a terminal strip
for hooking up an antenna.

Thanks,
Good DX/SWL

James