Old June 6th 10, 06:55 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default ...And they just read my letter over China Radio International

On Jun 5, 8:46*pm, Gregg wrote:
On Jun 5, 1:28*pm, bpnjensen wrote:

On Jun 5, 5:43*am, Gregg wrote:

On Jun 5, 4:44*am, bpnjensen wrote:

I just cannot keep my name off the airwaves these days...

On CRI's "Listener's Garden" an e-mail letter of mine was just read
thanking them for a QSL card and their English listener's magazine.
What fun! :-D

Bruce Jensen
California

Yeah, you're just a celebrity nowadays - I don't see how you live with
yourself - Ha!. Between you and Ace I have alot of catching up to do,
I doubt I could ever put in the time to do what Steve has, but who
knows. If I can get everything situated in my room the way I want it
( I use to) and maybe use a couple of pooters I'm not using and put
them into service and dig up my two old coax's and just redo some
things - it will make it easier. We shall see. Congrats on the CRI.
You do know though, you really need to get a life. ;-P

Actually, I have a ridiculously rich life. *I have a wife and son with
whom I spend tons of time (just went to his spring band concert last
night - in their new fancy concert hall), go to symphonies, take long
hikes, ride my bike 15-25 miles daily, and I have a *full time job!
This radio thing is just a hobby :-)

But good luck on that improved antenna system!

Bruce- Hide quoted text -

Hey, I hope you didn't take offense to that because I sure didn't mean
it that way. I've never done the symphony thing before. I have been to
a real nice concert hall on the campus at the University of
Cincinnati, absolutely beautiful. Me and my Dad just opened the doors
and walked right in before a football game and there were three girls
doing the violine {sp} thing, sounded stunning.

The kids thing (two here) is a full time job in itself. ;-)

No offense taken :-) What I mentioned is, timewise, the tip o'the
iceberg. Finding time to sleep can be difficult. Oy!

Old June 10th 10, 04:52 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default AND they just read my letter over Voice of Vietnam :-)

Voice of Vietnam, 0345z on June 10 via Canada 6175 kHz! I'm batting 3
for 3! Hah! Love it love it love it!

Bruce Jensen
San Lorenzo, CA

Old June 10th 10, 08:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 9, 11:52*pm, bpnjensen wrote:
Voice of Vietnam, 0345z on June 10 via Canada 6175 kHz! I'm batting 3
for 3! *Hah! *Love it love it love it!

Bruce Jensen
San Lorenzo, CA

I heard them within the last week also.