Old May 31st 10, 09:06 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default They just read my letter over Radio New Zealand International :-)

On the RNZI Mailbox program May 31, 2010 at about 0740z on 6170 kHz,
Myra Oh just read my QSL letter from a couple months ago. What a nice
surprise! I'm a celebrity! (Not really, but you know... :-) For
those who want to hear my syrupy sweet musings read aloud, it will
repeat at:

Mon 1130 UTC
Mon 1330 UTC
Mon 1630 UTC
Tue 0330 UTC

:-)

Bruce Jensen
Old May 31st 10, 09:10 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

bpnjensen wrote:

On the RNZI Mailbox program May 31, 2010 at about 0740z on 6170 kHz,
Myra Oh just read my QSL letter from a couple months ago. What a nice
surprise! I'm a celebrity! (Not really, but you know... :-) For
those who want to hear my syrupy sweet musings read aloud, it will
repeat at:

Mon 1130 UTC
Mon 1330 UTC
Mon 1630 UTC
Tue 0330 UTC

:-)

You can go to bed now!

Old May 31st 10, 12:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mon, 31 May 2010 01:06:59 -0700 (PDT), bpnjensen
wrote:

On the RNZI Mailbox program May 31, 2010 at about 0740z on 6170 kHz,
Myra Oh just read my QSL letter from a couple months ago. What a nice
surprise! I'm a celebrity! (Not really, but you know... :-) For
those who want to hear my syrupy sweet musings read aloud, it will
repeat at:

Mon 1130 UTC
Mon 1330 UTC
Mon 1630 UTC
Tue 0330 UTC

:-)

Bruce Jensen

I am receiving DRM from New Zealand. 7440kHz @1110UTC. Getting about a
17-18dB S/N ratio. About 5-10% drop out when S/N drops below 15dB.
17.08KBits/sec UEP (1.6%) AAC+ Mono NZ ID:36

Bruce, I heard your letter read at 1143 UTC. Had a few short dropouts
but got 95%. I remember Arthur Cushen's DX reports too.

Jim
Old May 31st 10, 03:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 31, 1:06*am, bpnjensen wrote:
On the RNZI Mailbox program May 31, 2010 at about 0740z on 6170 kHz,
Myra Oh just read my QSL letter from a couple months ago. *What a nice
surprise! *I'm a celebrity! *(Not really, but you know... :-) *

Congratulations! You will probably provoke some petty and jealous
Old June 1st 10, 12:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 31, 4:06*am, bpnjensen wrote:
On the RNZI Mailbox program May 31, 2010 at about 0740z on 6170 kHz,
Myra Oh just read my QSL letter from a couple months ago. *What a nice
surprise! *I'm a celebrity! *(Not really, but you know... :-) *For
those who want to hear my syrupy sweet musings read aloud, it will
repeat at:

Mon 1130 UTC
Mon 1330 UTC
Mon 1630 UTC
Tue 0330 UTC

:-)

Bruce Jensen

Ha!! I've had a few read over the years, the mushier the better Bruce.
I have missed the first three, visited a few lost dear friends today.
I will try an catch the last one tonight, I'll make a post a note. ;-)

Old June 1st 10, 12:14 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 31, 4:06*am, bpnjensen wrote:
On the RNZI Mailbox program May 31, 2010 at about 0740z on 6170 kHz,
Myra Oh just read my QSL letter from a couple months ago. *What a nice
surprise! *I'm a celebrity! *(Not really, but you know... :-) *For
those who want to hear my syrupy sweet musings read aloud, it will
repeat at:

Mon 1130 UTC
Mon 1330 UTC
Mon 1630 UTC
Tue 0330 UTC

:-)

Bruce Jensen

Oh lord, one of my questions that was answered over the air was by
none other than Brother Stair....lol...Arnie's show and RCI - these
according to my notes. Lets not count Brother Stair. I think there was
one more but I can't find it. I'll be ready for RNZI tonight! :-)

Old June 1st 10, 02:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 31, 4:14*pm, Gregg wrote:
On May 31, 4:06*am, bpnjensen wrote:

On the RNZI Mailbox program May 31, 2010 at about 0740z on 6170 kHz,
Myra Oh just read my QSL letter from a couple months ago. *What a nice
surprise! *I'm a celebrity! *(Not really, but you know... :-) *For
those who want to hear my syrupy sweet musings read aloud, it will
repeat at:

Mon 1130 UTC
Mon 1330 UTC
Mon 1630 UTC
Tue 0330 UTC

:-)

Bruce Jensen

Oh lord, one of my questions that was answered over the air was by
none other than Brother Stair....lol...Arnie's show and RCI - these
according to my notes. Lets not count Brother Stair. I think there was
one more but I can't find it. I'll be ready for RNZI tonight! :-)

LONG time ago I had a couple of letters read by Jerry and Dody Cowan
on "His and Hers" (Radio Nederland), by Keith Glover in Melbourne, and
by Lynn Henderson and Charles Gursky up in Montreal at RCI. I have a
feeling that CRI may have read a letter of mine recently as well, but
I may have missed it.

Bruce
Old June 1st 10, 03:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 31, 9:51*pm, bpnjensen wrote:
On May 31, 4:14*pm, Gregg wrote:

[...]

Bruce- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, it's always neat to hear your name on radio or tv. We have a
local tv sports show that's on Sunday night and they always have the
"Dominos Pizza Puzzler" question, my name was FINALLY picked with four
others......after SEVEN MONTHS giving the right answers. One hour to
go - I'll have it on Bruce.

Old June 1st 10, 04:50 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 31, 4:14*pm, Gregg wrote:

[...]

I heard it Bruce, good deal.:-) That wasn't as sappy as I thought it'd
be...lol...but it was a nice letter. These places really like when you
do that. I always make a point to handwrite a letter and more often
than not I send a postcard from my area - be it the BCB or SW. Was
that Myra singing at the beginning of that segment? Whoever it was has
a beautiful voice. Good job!!
Old June 1st 10, 04:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 31, 4:14*pm, Gregg wrote:

[...]

Hi, Gregg - pretty fun :-) Yeah, the Te Maori music was really
pretty, and lovely vocals. The DX report from NZ is interesting too -
tough African stations for NAm, they can take for granted. I have not
yet sent any postcards, but I just developed a "SWL" card that I now
send to every station that has full data on the back plus this photo
on one side:

http://tinyurl.com/2a7ufss

It is a good representation of the natural countryside where I live.

Bruce