Old March 16th 04, 03:26 AM
Stone Zoopa

"T. Early" wrote in message
I'm wondering if Pastor Peters could face liability in Canada under
their "hate speech" law, which was recently extended to cover sexual
orientation. The law does cover broadcast transmissions.

I doubt they would take action on him as he's in the
USA and they are in Canada. I personally find Pete
Peter's brand of religious bigotry repulsive and counter-
productive, however he does have a right to a
microphone in the USA, albeit one in which he makes
himself appeal to the lowest common denominator of
society. I'll just turn the dial when I hear him thank you.

Old March 16th 04, 07:14 AM
BDK

In article , says...
Oh, Eventually they will be enforced extra territorially, by the U.N.
They seem to support everything else that God hates.

Oh boy, here we go with the UN stuff. A few guys with rifles would scare
them off.

Before they prosecute Pastor Pete Peters, however, I suspect they'd
really like to prosecute God, or His Son Jesus Christ, for the urban
renewal program which took place at Sodom and Gomorrah.

Umm, uh, sure Al. Sure.

Genesis 19:24, 25, "Then the Lord rained on Sodom and Gomorrah brimstone
and fire from the Lord out of heaven, and He overthrew those cities and
all the valley, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and what grew on
the ground." (NASB)

Ever wonder why they call homosexuality "Sodomy" ? Genesis 19 pretty
well tells it all. Seems our "judges" and politicians of today are
trying to see if God can give a repeat performance. I'm betting He is
very well able -- and just may prove it! :-)

Al

I'm guessing no.

BDK

=======================

T. Early wrote:
I'm wondering if Pastor Peters could face liability in Canada under
their "hate speech" law, which was recently extended to cover sexual
orientation. The law does cover broadcast transmissions. It's
unlikely that he would ever actually become subject to Canadian arrest
(i.e., jurisdiction) by going there, and it might be doubtful that
they'd even acknowledge his broadcasts. However, his "speech" does
reach Canada, and appears to be pretty close to the type of thing they
are getting at, so he could face "technical" liability or possibly
indictment. Anyone know if any speech laws such as this have ever
been applied extraterritorially to SW broadcasters who cross borders?

Old March 16th 04, 12:25 PM
Volker Tonn

Al Patrick schrieb:

You can't separate "religion and politics"...

So go off with both from this place.
Have nothing read about your RADIO.

Old March 16th 04, 04:40 PM
Al Patrick

My radio is fine. That's where I learn about religion and politics. ;-)

=========

Old March 16th 04, 07:34 PM
Volker Tonn

Al Patrick schrieb:
My radio is fine. That's where I learn about religion and politics. ;-)

Are you going *into* your RADIO for learning the bad things you
mentioned? Must be an old *very* big boatanchor... ;-)
What does the scematics and your experience tell about it's frontend?
Is your RADIO capable to receive SSB?
Tell us what is *in* your RADIO. Not what you can pull out the speaker
(others than just some wire).

Old March 16th 04, 08:10 PM
RHF

= = = Larry Ozarow wrote in message
= = = .. .

Far from "telling it all," Genesis 19 is pretty
darn cryptic about what it was that the
Sodom'n'Gomorrahites were flattened for.

It's apparent they wanted to commit homosexual rape
against the two angels, but probably any society that
would gang-rape two innocent wayfarers as a matter of
course would be subject to pretty extreme disapproval,
regardless of the sex of the victims. Seems to me that
Lot's offering his two daughters up as alternatives is
pretty unnatural in its own right, don't you think?

Defining Sodom and Gemorrah's "iniquity" as homosexuality
didn't occur until medieval times.

News To Me. - I never heard this before.
..
..

Old March 16th 04, 10:09 PM
Larry Ozarow

RHF wrote:
= = = Larry Ozarow wrote in message
= = = .. .

Defining Sodom and Gemorrah's "iniquity" as homosexuality
didn't occur until medieval times.

News To Me. - I never heard this before.
.
.

Isn't that why we all read this group - to
learn stuff?
Old March 17th 04, 03:08 AM
Brian Denley

Brenda Ann wrote:
"Al Patrick" wrote in message
Ever wonder why they call homosexuality "Sodomy" ? Genesis 19 pretty
well tells it all.

They don't call homosexuality "sodomy". Sodomy is a specific act,
and is not restricted to homosexuals. A great number of heterosexual
couples practice it, as well as other disapproved forms of sexual
intercourse such as fellatio and cunnilingus.

Guilty!

--
Brian Denley

Old March 17th 04, 04:21 AM
Melvin Creep

"T. Early" wrote in message ...
I'm wondering if Pastor Peters could face liability in Canada under
their "hate speech" law, which was recently extended to cover sexual
orientation. The law does cover broadcast transmissions. It's
unlikely that he would ever actually become subject to Canadian arrest
(i.e., jurisdiction) by going there, and it might be doubtful that
they'd even acknowledge his broadcasts. However, his "speech" does
reach Canada, and appears to be pretty close to the type of thing they
are getting at, so he could face "technical" liability or possibly
indictment. Anyone know if any speech laws such as this have ever
been applied extraterritorially to SW broadcasters who cross borders?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
One thing is certain is that he will be facing a far more serious
indictment on Judgment Day for the man made doctrines he is teaching
and spreading.
"But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel
unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be
accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any
other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be
accursed." Galatians 1:8-9.
A warning Paul deemed so important that he said it twice in
succession. I shudder when pondering what God has in store for this
man who has, and continues to lead, so many people to eternal
condemnation.
Melvin