Old March 27th 04, 07:54 PM
Kierkecaat

Default ATS-909 missing from Frye's / Outpost

In a previous thread, Corbin Raye posted this link to Frye's for the
909:

http://shop1.outpost.com/product/2524991

It was listed at $149.00 and available yesterday.

Today it was listed at $129.00 and NOT available.

Now this link generates an error. hmmm?

Is there any news about the 909 being discontinued/new model?

Old March 28th 04, 06:14 AM
CW

Probably. Rumors about it being discontinued have gone around periodically
since a few months after it was released. It's like the end of the world,
keep predicting it and at some point, you will be right.

Old March 28th 04, 04:28 PM
Tom Welch

Because of the low volume of world band radio
sales, I'm frankly surprised that Fry's carries
these radios at all. Last time I was in a Fry's
store, they had the ATS-909, 606, and 505 in
stock. Also, the YB 400 and 300 radios were
being offered.

It seemed like a lot of wasted shelf space
on slow moving product. I am sure Sangean,
Grundig and Sony will re-evaluate and
streamline their respective product lines,
at least the stuff that's offered in North
America, especially "if" the new Eton/Grundig 900
radio is highly successful.

You notice that Grove Enterprises only sells
3 portables off their website and nolonger
carry Sony radios.

Tom Welch

Old March 28th 04, 07:52 PM
Corbin Ray

They have obviously sold out of the radio. Darn it. I really wanted one, and
if I had known they were getting rid of it, I would have gotten one even at
$149, but especially at $129.

Here's their list of portable radios, and the old 909 isn't there any
longer:

http://shop4.outpost.com/category/Ou...Portable+Radio

Old March 29th 04, 09:35 AM
starman

Tom Welch wrote:

You notice that Grove Enterprises only sells
3 portables off their website and nolonger
carry Sony radios.

Grove dropped the Sony line mainly because they (Sony) was dictating to
online dealers how they could advertise. They wanted the dealers to stop
listing the prices online. If the dealers didn't comply, Sony threatened
to not send enough new stock to fill the dealers orders. Grove decided
it wasn't worth it.

Old March 29th 04, 11:58 PM
Mark Zenier

"CW" wrote in message ...
The Fry's around here (Renton, WA) doesn't carry shortwave radios.

They did. Over in the components section between the batteries and
the wall of motherboards. Right front section of the store.

The first time I went there, a couple of weeks after they opened last
fall, they had a Grundig for about $150, but a big box computer store
in an industrial district is hardly a place to test it for DX capability.

They're pretty notorious for not restocking stuff, expecially if it
may not move off the shelves that fast.

Mark Zenier

Heathkit SB-200 Manual page missing Fred McKenzie Equipment 5 January 9th 05 09:53 PM
WAS 90 - One State Missing - Hawaii John Woodstock General 3 December 7th 04 08:11 PM
Missing Bill Clinton Burr Shortwave 2 January 17th 04 04:34 AM
FT-80C missing buttons from FT-747GX Sam Nelson Equipment 0 November 10th 03 07:26 PM
FT-80C missing buttons from FT-747GX Sam Nelson Equipment 0 November 10th 03 07:26 PM