Old May 6th 04, 08:20 PM
JJ

Al Arduengo wrote:

Michael Bryant wrote:

Here is a quotation from GWBush this last Friday in the Rose Garden.
I'm not sure why it hasn't received more play:

"There's a lot of people in the world who don't believe that people
whose skin color may not be the same as ours can be free and
self-govern. I reject that. I reject that strongly. I believe that
people who practice the Muslim faith can self-govern. I believe that
people whose skins aren't necessarily a different color than white can
self-govern."

The racism here is not subtle. In my mind, it portrays how the
President sees the world.

I think it is important to be careful how you quote this. Yes, taken
out of context it seems that he is somehow racially biased. However,
the general problem as I understand it is that many folks believe the US
is somehow diminishing the equality of other races and that is how
protests and media coverage spin it. In the case of the quote above, he
was likely trying to answer directly to the concerns. Many think the
Americans hate Muslims and therefore hate middle easterners ergo darker
skinned people. Looks to me like he was merely saying that as a
majority white nation (and I mean that with respect to SKIN COLOR ONLY)
we *do* believe that other races are equally capable of governing
themselves. It is not a rhetorical statement. It is answering a
question in my opinion.

Best,
-Al

Don't waste you time attempting to reason with MB, you can't reason with
an unreasonable person.

Old May 6th 04, 08:38 PM
RHF

= = = "T. Early" wrote in message
= = = ...
"Michael Bryant" wrote in message
Here is a quotation from GWBush this last Friday in the Rose Garden.

I'm not
sure why it hasn't received more play:

"There's a lot of people in the world who don't believe that people

whose
skin color may not be the same as ours can be free and self-govern.

I reject
that. I reject that strongly. I believe that people who practice the

Muslim
faith can self-govern. I believe that people whose skins aren't

necessarily
a different color than white can self-govern."

The racism here is not subtle. In my mind, it portrays how the

President sees
the world.

IMO, it's beyond subtle. The characterization in you header goes past
what was actually said. That's apparent from the face of the
remarks. I guess you're entitled to spin it the way you have, but the
fact that you need to deviate from the actual words themselves to read
something into the remark indicates that saying that the racism is
"not subtle" is a big stretch.

TE,

"The racism here is not subtle.

In my mind,

it portrays how the President sees the world."

The Problem is NOT what the President Said or what was Written.

The Problem is NOT how the President See the World.

As "MWB" so correctly says "In my mind" [ That Being MWB's "Mind" ]

There in lies the root of the Problem MWB's Mind

MWB's Own Personal Bias and Self-Hatred.

"MWB" Did Use Those Words Exact Words "WHITE NATION"
in his subsequent Posts.

TBL: This is all part of MWB's continued effort to Promote Racial
Hatred in the USofA and Blame it all on Republicans and Conservatives.

ibtm ~ RHF

..
Old May 7th 04, 01:28 AM
mrhangster

MB--Why do you support these Islamic *******s? You've been reading the
wrong books. As a professor you need to do more research. You should study
the Koran. You know nothing about Islam. You are a fool. You are on the
wrong side. A trip to falugee would do you good.

From: Al Arduengo

I think it is important to be careful how you quote this. Yes, taken
out of context it seems that he is somehow racially biased. However,
the general problem as I understand it is that many folks believe the US
is somehow diminishing the equality of other races and that is how
protests and media coverage spin it. In the case of the quote above, he
was likely trying to answer directly to the concerns. Many think the
Americans hate Muslims and therefore hate middle easterners ergo darker
skinned people. Looks to me like he was merely saying that as a
majority white nation (and I mean that with respect to SKIN COLOR ONLY)
we *do* believe that other races are equally capable of governing
themselves. It is not a rhetorical statement. It is answering a
question in my opinion.

though i see what you're saying, Al, I am troubled by having a President

who is
quick to define the US as a "white nation." And the President's sentiments

seem
to be divergent with many posters in this newsgroup who suggest that

Muslims,
in general, are a group of people that cannot co-exist with the rest of

the
world.

Michael Bryant, WA4009SWL
Louisville, KY
R75, S800, RX320, SW77, ICF2010K,
DX398, 7600G, 6800W, RF2200, 7600A
GE SRll, Pro-2006, Pro-2010, Pro-76
(remove "nojunk" to reply)

Old May 7th 04, 01:34 AM
N8KDV

mrhangster wrote:

MB--Why do you support these Islamic *******s? You've been reading the
wrong books. As a professor you need to do more research. You should study
the Koran. You know nothing about Islam. You are a fool. You are on the
wrong side. A trip to falugee would do you good.

You must understand that Bryant is mentally ill.

But that's no reason not to send the retard to falugee anyway!

Old May 7th 04, 02:01 AM
RHF

= = = ...
From: N8KDV

Learn to read Fat Boy... he didn't state or define the USA as a 'White
Nation'
at all!

Even Al, when defending Bush, thought that Bush had assumed that the US was a
majority white nation.

MWB - First of all Bush said what he said.

However, MWB your re-writing of what he said says a lot about You "MWB".

MWB - According to the Last US Census of 2000.

The USofA's Primary Population Group
(a majority of 62.6% or More)
is classified as being . . .

Guess What ? ? ?

MWB - Yes those nasty Words "White"

Total Population (All Races)
SOURCE=
http://tinyurl.com/39p62
Count = 281,421,906 = 100.0%

White Alone or in Combination with 'other' Races
Count = 216,930,975 = 77.1%

White Alone
Count = 211,460,626 = 75.1%

White in Combination with 'other' Races
Count = 5,470,349 = 1.9%

NOT White Alone or in Combination with 'other' Races
Count = 64,490,931 = 22.9%

Hispanic or Latino (of any race)
SOURCE= http://tinyurl.com/3f7nt
Count = 35,305,818 = 12.5%
SubSet of Hispanics 'claiming Two or More Races
Count = 6,826,228 = 2.4%

MWB - So in "Your" Racist America the average, plain and simple
'white folks' make up 62.6% which is about "5-out-of-8" members
of the Total Population of the USofA.

NOTE: Thankfully the Vast Majority of these average 'white folks'
are NOT Hateful Racist like Yourself. Who Continuely Promote
Race Based Hate between the Races. One Wonders Why ?

TBL: So is it reasonable to say that the US is a 'majority white nation'.

MWB - The Oh So "Mighty White Brother" - Just the Facts ~ RHF
..
..

Old May 7th 04, 02:16 AM
RHF

From: "Mark S. Holden"

It's a safe bet that phrase wasn't crafted by a professional writer, but I'd
think you'd agree with him.

What he said boils down to "those who feel non whites are incapable of
governing themselves are wrong."

And I think both of us agree with that sentiment despite some of the right-wing
anti-Muslim bigotry spewed in this NG.

I still think the President is clealy showing that, in his mind, he
characterizes the US as a white nation.

MWB - We need NOT read President Bush's Mind; when we have you very
words that proclaim "the US as a white nation."

The "White Nation" Mental Defect is Yours MWB - Not President Bush's.

MWB - It is Your Sick Mind that is 'inserting' the "Racism"
into the simple remarks made by President Bush.

Everyone has read your Words and 'now' Clearly Knows You for
the Twisted Racist that You are MWB.

MWB - You can not Excape Your Own Words.

MWB - The Truth is there for Everyone to See - Plain and Simple.

MWB - You Stand Convicted by Your Own Words as a Promoter of
Race Hatred here in this NewsGroup [.]

MWB - The Truth Will Set You Free ~ RHF
..
..

And you know that there are all kinds of folks in this
NG biting their tongues to keep from saying, "Yes, it is!"

Have a good day, Mark!