Old July 16th 04, 07:22 PM
clifto

Dan wrote:
That's why we have machines read them in the first place: the ballot
is either readable or it isn't. There's no ambiguity, no trying to
"discern voter intent"! If your ballot can't be read, then too bad
for you. Next time be more careful.

Actually, in 2000 Florida it was "If your ballot can't be read, then
we check to see if there are any signs that you might have wanted to
vote for Gore, like this dent my fingernail just made in the card."
And then they disenfranchised all the servicemen voting via absentee
ballot. And they STILL couldn't make it look like Gore won.

They've been using that very voting system in Cook County, Illinois
(Chicago and 'burbs) for as long as I've been voting, which is a LONG
time. Funny the card system wasn't challenged here. Apparently the
way they knew the card system worked here and not in Florida is that
the vote came out in favor of Gore here.

--
DAMN tax cuts! They're letting money trickle down to people who spend it!
WASHINGTON, July 13 (Reuters) - The U.S. government posted a larger-than-
Old July 16th 04, 08:23 PM
Brian Hill

"clifto" wrote in message
Dan wrote:
[...]

Facts like these are ignored by Liberals. Thats why you can't reason with
them. They only see what they want to see.

Old July 17th 04, 12:35 AM
dxAce

clifto wrote:

Dan wrote:
[...]

Kerry has been saying that 1,000,000 blacks were disenfranchised in the 2000
election and that is an outright lie.

Every single investigation into this has proven this allegation to be false.

Old July 17th 04, 07:48 AM
RHF

= = = "Brian Hill" wrote in message
= = = ...
"clifto" wrote in message
Dan wrote:
[...]

BH,

The Truth Be Known - There were more so called "Voting Errors"
in Cook County (Chicago, IL) then in the whole State of Florida.

~ RHF

..
Old July 17th 04, 09:13 AM
longwave

Dan wrote:

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 19:21:37 -0400, longwave
wrote:

A legal recount is conducted by the election officers of a state, not a
newspaper. It would have uncovered the election fraud that resulted in
thousands of minority voters being disenfranchised. This is also
mentioned on that NYT website you referred to. The only fair solution
would have been a statewide re-vote in Florida with careful monitoring
of each polling place.

No, the fair solution is the one that happened. You follow the rules
that everyone agrees to *before the election*. You don't change the
rules later to try to change the outcome, with endless recounts using
different methods each time.

A statewide re-vote in Florida was within the rules. Jeb Bush was
against it for obvious reasons. It would have uncovered the fraud that
disenfranchised thousands of voters.

Old July 17th 04, 04:02 PM
Brian Hill

"RHF" wrote in message

The Truth Be Known - There were more so called "Voting Errors"
in Cook County (Chicago, IL) then in the whole State of Florida.

~ RHF

Yep! Now what if the right wined as much as the left we would all need ear
plugs.

Brian Hill

Old July 17th 04, 05:16 PM
clifto

Brian Hill wrote:
"RHF" wrote in message
The Truth Be Known - There were more so called "Voting Errors"
in Cook County (Chicago, IL) then in the whole State of Florida.

I seem to recall mention in the Chicago Tribune of over a hundred ballot
boxes going missing for a few days there, yes. But like I said, there
was no dispute over the "errors" because the vote came out in favor of
Gore.

Yep! Now what if the right wined as much as the left we would all need ear
plugs.

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool
to the left." (Ecclesiastes 10:2)

Old July 17th 04, 05:34 PM
JJ

longwave wrote:

A statewide re-vote in Florida was within the rules. Jeb Bush was
against it for obvious reasons. It would have uncovered the fraud that
disenfranchised thousands of voters.

He saved the taxpayers a lot of money, a statewide re-vote would have
just confirmed again that Bush won and by even a larger margin.

Old July 17th 04, 11:51 PM
RHF

= = = longwave wrote in message
= = = ...

wrote:

A legal recount is conducted by the election officers of a state, not a
newspaper. It would have uncovered the election fraud that resulted in
thousands of minority voters being disenfranchised. This is also
mentioned on that NYT website you referred to. The only fair solution
would have been a statewide re-vote in Florida with careful monitoring
of each polling place.

No, the fair solution is the one that happened. You follow the rules
that everyone agrees to *before the election*. You don't change the
rules later to try to change the outcome, with endless recounts using
different methods each time.

A statewide re-vote in Florida was within the rules.

LW - NOT !

A Re-Vote would have had to be "Ordered" by a Florida Court.

NO Florida Court 'ordered' a Re-Vote or found evidence for a Re-Vote.

Florida Courts did find 'justification' for a Vote "Re-Count".
..
..
Jeb Bush was against it for obvious reasons.

LW - He Acted within 'existing' Florida State Law at the time
of the Election [.]
..
..
It would have uncovered the fraud that
disenfranchised thousands of voters.

LW - One More Liberal LIE and DISTORTION by the Democrats.
..
..
Old July 18th 04, 12:01 AM
RHF

= = = dxAce wrote in message
= = = ...
clifto wrote:

Dan wrote:
[...]

DR ACE,

John 'ff' Kerry is counting every African-American who has been
"Turned OFF" by the USofA's Election System that is limited to
the two political parties: Democrat and Republican.
[ Their attitude being that 'they' don't represent "US". ]

Using that same 'logic' President George "W" Bush could claim
that 10 Million European-Americans were disenfranchised in the
2000 election.

~ RHF
..
..

Every single investigation into this has proven this allegation to be false.

--
DAMN tax cuts! They're letting money trickle down to people who spend it!
WASHINGTON, July 13 (Reuters) - The U.S. government posted a larger-than-
expected budget surplus in June, propped up by higher quarterly business tax
receipts, a government report released on Tuesday showed.

read and weep Woger ...and the belgrade bastard Chuck...K1KW General 2 October 4th 04 12:58 PM
read and weep Woger ...and the belgrade bastard Chuck...K1KW Policy 2 October 4th 04 12:58 PM
Read and Weep, Damn Burr Shortwave 2 March 28th 04 10:41 PM
Read it and WEEP!!! stewart Policy 0 January 20th 04 01:10 AM