Old February 23rd 05, 04:43 AM
Brian Oakley

"BDK" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
running dogg wrote:

My grandfather died of prostate cancer, and he suffered greatly before
he died. I don't think that there's much a person can do to justify

that
sort of suffering being put upon them.

Some people would rather die trusting God than to live a bit longer
trusting in Doc - or Festus -- or Matt Dillon! ;-)

Do you know where the Medical Deists (MD's) got their symbol? I'll give
you a hint. Numbers 21 and II Kings 18 and it represented Jesus Christ
the healer, who also suffered and died for us. It seems to me the
medical industry is very much attempting to play God.

In an accident they're mighty good folks to have around. But when it
comes to the drugging of America, and the rest of the world, I expect
we'd all be better off living right, eating right, and using herbs which
are God made than using man made drugs. But then that's like elbows --
everyone has two! :-)

Wow, I'm shocked Al! A post that isn't off the wall, jew hatin BS! The
only thing about the herbal stuff is that some of them are not what the
"health" industry tries to say they are. A lot of them are poisonous, or
have the same negatives a lot of drugs have, without any regulation.

But god made them, just like botulism, right?

BDK

Yes He did, and we are the ones that decide if its useful as medicine or
not. Sometimes man makes some pretty stupid assessments, especially where
nature is concerned.

Old February 23rd 05, 04:47 AM
Brian Oakley

"Honus" wrote in message

"Al Patrick" wrote in message
Honus wrote:

"Al Patrick" wrote in message

Go to http://groups-beta.google.com/grphp?hl=en&tab=wg&q= and do a
search of this news group. Look for the words xian and g-d and you'll
turn up a few of them.

No. Name one. I'm not interested in seeing who uses the spelling xian

or
g-d. I'm not interested in wading through all of the posts that have

one
of
those words in them, either, in search of someone saying that they

look
on
the death of any Christian with glee. I'm interested in hearing -you-

name
someone in this group who "would rejoice at the thoughts of the death

of
any
true Christian." Surely you must have had someone in mind? Or a more
specific post to cite?

You want someone else to do ALL your work for you? Besides that, just
because I know something doesn't mean I have to tell YOU! . . . . and
just because you DEMAND it! ;-)

You realize, don't you, that you could have written a name in a fraction

of
the time and with a fraction of the effort that it took for you to
demonstrate your inability to support your claims? But of course, that's
redundant. You can't write a name because you can't support your claim.

Besides, I didn't ask for you to do my homework; I asked for -you- to
support -your- allegation. I asked if you had a name in mind. I asked if

you
had a specific post that you could cite to bolster your claim.

Your failure is duly noted.

And certainly not unexpected.

So just because someone doesn't do exactly as you dictate, its failure. I
see. Lets all bow down to the person that screams the loudest. That's a good
way to win an argument. Just call them a failure for lack of anything YOU
could post to the contrary? Now lets put the shoe on the other foot. You
asked him for proof. Are you willing to back up your allegation that there
are NOT any on the ng that would rejoice at the death of a real Christian?
Statistics show that through the centuries, there are more that do rejoice
at the death of Christians than there are of those that don't. That is an
obvious historical fact, no one even has to look that up.

Old February 23rd 05, 04:54 AM
Brian Oakley

"BDK" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

"BDK" wrote in message
In article ,

says...
By now all of you know that Dr. Gene Scott has passed, but guess

what?
All of US are going to pass away also. It is appointed unto man

once to
die AND AFTER THAT THE JUDGMENT! Heb. 9:27

The righteous are REQUIRED to tell the wicked they are going to die.
Eze. 3:18

The Christian is better off dead because he is with Christ and no

longer
concerned about possibly failing and denying Christ here on earth.
Phillipians 1:23.

So you claim..proof.

The bible is not proof Al! A book can say anything.

The non-Christian needs to be greatly concerned about dying before
accepting Christ for there is NO OTHER WAY to the Father in heaven.
John 14:6, KJV, "Jesus saith unto him, I am THE way, THE truth, and

THE
life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

So you claim, I'm not really worried, I'll just be worm food, like

you.
You probably aren't going anywhere...except into the ground.

Some of you rejoice at the death of Dr. Gene Scott. Many Christians
rejoice with you for, if he was truly a Christian (only God knows

the
heart), he is far better off than he ever was here. ... Even before

he
got prostate cancer. See Phil. 1:23.

I thought he was amusing. Most all the other preachers are slimeballs

at
best, so I'm not rejoicing he's dead, but I don't think there's any
reason to be happy about it...and prostate cancer can be a bad way to
go...

Right here I could interject the same word you used above. Proof. How do

you
know its a bad way to go? You gone that way? No. You know someone who

has?
Maybe yes. The same could be said for Dr. Scott. If you ever knew any
Christians, you would see their serenity in their leaving this world.

Ask
the doctors. They can tell you that Christians on the whole have more

of a
grip on death than those who dont know God. They can tell you the horror

on
the faces of those who die not knowing what will happen to them after

they
are gone. So throwing that word "proof" around shouldnt make you feel

as
smug as you think you are.

Smug?? No, just realistic.

I knew two people that had prostate cancer, one is still alive, having
had to be castrated, and then radiated and chemoed to the point he
almost died from it alone. But somehow, he made it. Tough guy.

The other guy had no signs of any problems, then started having pain
when standing up. He was loaded with cancer that had spread to his
spine. The cancer was so widespread they didn't even try to do chemo, he
was too far gone. He spent his last 3 weeks or so in bed, hooked to a
morphine drip that never put out enough to really stop the pain. He was
a christian, and he wasn't "serene" in the least. Maybe he had doubts..

Other christians may be more serene, but the placebo effect can account
for that. If you believe in something strong enough, it can do
"wonders".

But the most "serene" person I ever saw that was dying was a friend's
dad, who was an atheist from a young age, like myself. He was ok with
it, "Hey, 80 isn't that bad, longer than I ever expected!" He just kind
of faded away. Boy, would he have been ****ed if he knew his sisters got
together and had a minister do a memorial service before the "real" one.
The after funeral "wake" was about as tense as I have ever seen, one of
the sister's kids blabbed the whole deal as the real service ended. It
was entertaining.

BDK

To dismiss changed lives as a result of the teachings of the Bible is
smugness. You don't know most peoples testimonies. And it is their
testimony. You cant deny it. You don't have to believe it, but that doesn't
make you right. After all, they are the ones claiming a changed live. If
you don't believe it, fine, go your way, but you don't need to be putting
them down. You don't have the authority to speak for them.

Old February 23rd 05, 05:29 AM
Honus

"Brian Oakley" wrote in message

"Honus" wrote in message

"Brian Oakley" wrote in message

"Honus" wrote in message

"Al Patrick" wrote in message

I do know that a few on this group would rejoice at the
thoughts of the death of any true Christian.

Name one.

Dont really need to. They are there. They know who they are. They are

of
age. Ask them.

I wasn't talking to you, unless you're one of Al Patrick's sock-puppets.

Gosh, guess only one person can reply to an atheists

I was asking something of a specific individual. He made the statement, he
can back it up. Since he's the one thinking of particular individuals, then
he's the only one who can answer the question despite your pathetic need to
interject on his behalf. Unless of course you think you're some sort of
mind-reader, which would only be par for the course for so many theists. It
stands to reason that they -must- be able to read minds and see into the
hearts of other people...otherwise, how could they justify being so
judgemental? But of course that doesn't apply to you.

Besides, your answer wasn't an answer at all.

post but atheists can
crosspost to every anti-Christian ng on the web and its ok?

Well, duh. If it's an anti-Christian ng, then that's most likely an
appropriate place for an atheist to post. Would you rather they posted to
PRO-Christian newsgroups? Christ, you guys bitch about -everything-.

Guess you got an
answer to your question though didn't you?

If my question was is Brian Oakley a dick, then I guess I did indeed.

Old February 23rd 05, 05:48 AM
Honus

"Brian Oakley" wrote in message

To dismiss changed lives as a result of the teachings of the Bible is
smugness.

Sort of like how Christians dismiss changed lives as the result of the
changed person reading -other- holy texts, right? It does happen, you know.
Not too many Christians are as generous as you must be when it comes to
giving credit where credit is due. Tell me, do you rejoice when you hear of
a changed life because of, say, a conversion to Islam? Or do you simply
dismiss it?

Old February 23rd 05, 06:06 AM
Honus

"Honus" wrote in message

Your failure is duly noted.

And certainly not unexpected.

So just because someone doesn't do exactly as you dictate, its failure.

Boy, you -are- a theist, aren't you? Classic, in fact. Twist and shout.

see. Lets all bow down to the person that screams the loudest. That's a

good
way to win an argument. Just call them a failure for lack of anything YOU
could post to the contrary?

sigh Patrick made the positive assertion. Therefore, it's up to him to
provide support for his assertion. What are you, twelve? This stuff is all
so basic.

Now lets put the shoe on the other foot. You
asked him for proof.

Are you willing to back up your allegation that there
are NOT any on the ng that would rejoice at the death of a real Christian?

I made no such allegation, theist. Show me where I did, or retract the
statement. You think you know where I was headed with Al; you're wrong.
Hell, boy...there are probably Christians around here that rejoice at the
death of a real Christian. By the way...your use of that term frightens me.
People that think like that are dangerous. "Real" Christians? You ought to
know the dangers of that kind of thinking.

Statistics show that through the centuries, there are more that do rejoice
at the death of Christians than there are of those that don't. That is an
obvious historical fact, no one even has to look that up.

That's a good thing, because it -can't- be looked up. Statistics? Please.

There are plenty that rejoice at the deaths of Christians, and there always
has been. They're are plenty that rejoice at the deaths of atheists, and
there always has been. There are always going to be people that rejoice at
the death of someone that they see as being on the other side. Your
assertion that more people rejoice at the deaths of Christians than don't is
hyperbole. It's not an obvious historical fact, and you need to take a long
hard look at the history of your faith before you start making remarks like
that.

And seek some help with persecution complex of yours.

Old February 23rd 05, 12:38 PM
Al Patrick

Honus, Like I said, search the groups for the words (?) xian and g-d
and you'll find several of them. Don't expect ME to do YOUR work for
you! ;-)

Uh oh, Now I'm guilty of top posting.

=========

Old February 23rd 05, 01:22 PM
Brian Oakley

news3VSd.54648$uc.23474@trnddc04...

"Honus" wrote in message

Your failure is duly noted.

And certainly not unexpected.

So just because someone doesn't do exactly as you dictate, its failure.

Boy, you -are- a theist, aren't you? Classic, in fact. Twist and shout.

I know you mean that as a derogatory remark, but its far from that. If you
knew what theist meant, you would find a different word to use.

see. Lets all bow down to the person that screams the loudest. That's a

good
way to win an argument. Just call them a failure for lack of anything

YOU
could post to the contrary?

sigh Patrick made the positive assertion. Therefore, it's up to him to
provide support for his assertion. What are you, twelve? This stuff is all
so basic.

No not up to him. He can say and do what he wants. He doesnt have to prove
anything. This is a free country. If youre that concerned with proof, go
find it yourself. You wouldnt ask your employer to prove something to you
when he makes a statements. Because hed fire you. You would go look it up
yourself, hipocryte. So basic huh?

Now lets put the shoe on the other foot. You
asked him for proof.

Are you willing to back up your allegation that there
are NOT any on the ng that would rejoice at the death of a real

Christian?

I made no such allegation, theist. Show me where I did, or retract the
statement. You think you know where I was headed with Al; you're wrong.
Hell, boy...there are probably Christians around here that rejoice at the
death of a real Christian. By the way...your use of that term frightens

me.
People that think like that are dangerous. "Real" Christians? You ought to
know the dangers of that kind of thinking.

Sure you did. You did so in a reverse manner in asking Al to prove that
there were folks here that felt that way. Your wanting proof only shows a
wanting to silence anyone anytime you want them to be silenced. Thats
hogwash. Its obvious you dont know what Im talking about when I say real
Christians so I wouldnt pretend if I were you.

Statistics show that through the centuries, there are more that do

rejoice
at the death of Christians than there are of those that don't. That is

an
obvious historical fact, no one even has to look that up.

That's a good thing, because it -can't- be looked up. Statistics? Please.

Go read a history book. Go read the Sudanese newspapers. Do it yourself you
lazy lout.

There are plenty that rejoice at the deaths of Christians, and there

always
has been. They're are plenty that rejoice at the deaths of atheists, and
there always has been. There are always going to be people that rejoice at
the death of someone that they see as being on the other side. Your
assertion that more people rejoice at the deaths of Christians than don't

is
hyperbole. It's not an obvious historical fact, and you need to take a

long
hard look at the history of your faith before you start making remarks

like
that.

Again, go read a history book. Christians are the most persecuted people in
the world.

And seek some help with persecution complex of yours.

Dont have a complex sir. I see adhominim attacks are all you know how to do.
Go to debate school. Might learn something about free speech while youre
there as well.

Old February 23rd 05, 01:24 PM
Brian Oakley

"Honus" wrote in message

"Brian Oakley" wrote in message

To dismiss changed lives as a result of the teachings of the Bible is
smugness.

Sort of like how Christians dismiss changed lives as the result of the
changed person reading -other- holy texts, right? It does happen, you

know.
Not too many Christians are as generous as you must be when it comes to
giving credit where credit is due. Tell me, do you rejoice when you hear

of
a changed life because of, say, a conversion to Islam? Or do you simply
dismiss it?

I don't rejoice, because I know what the Koran teaches. Dismiss it? No.
There are other spirits that can influence someone when they open a doorway
to let them in. Do you know much about the spirit world?

Old February 23rd 05, 01:30 PM
Brian Oakley

"Al Patrick" wrote in message

[...]

When someone else jumps in to help, you atheists get all frazzeled. If you
cant take the heat...

Besides, your answer wasn't an answer at all.

Yeah, just pooh pooh it off. What a lame statement.

post but atheists can
crosspost to every anti-Christian ng on the web and its ok?

Well, duh. If it's an anti-Christian ng, then that's most likely an
appropriate place for an atheist to post. Would you rather they posted to
PRO-Christian newsgroups? Christ, you guys bitch about -everything-.

Yeah for the effect of virtually shouting someone down in that they cant
reply to every post from every anti-Christian ng on the web. THATS why you
crosspost. Because thats where all the athiest hang out to bolster each one
in his folly. There arent enough athiests in the world to fill ALL the ng's
with a majority. Er to wit, lets crosspost to those minority athiestic ng's
and make our voice so loud that they will shut up. Yeah, good way to "win" a
debate and make us look smart. Oh brother.

Guess you got an
answer to your question though didn't you?

If my question was is Brian Oakley a dick, then I guess I did indeed.

Again, if ad hominem attacks are the best you can do then I suggest you find
a different occupation than a professional ng lurker.

Gene Scott, satellites and MW Honus Shortwave 19 August 22nd 04 08:25 PM
Gene Scott, satellites and MW Honus Dx 8 August 18th 04 10:22 AM
Gene Scott, satellites and MW Honus Dx 0 August 16th 04 08:49 PM
EH Scott 'morale' receiver Rich Boatanchors 26 March 29th 04 10:24 PM
Leland Scott Is Innocent Ruby Tuesday CB 0 March 9th 04 09:04 PM