Old February 23rd 05, 03:34 PM
BDK

In article ,
says...

"BDK" wrote in message
In article ,

says...

"BDK" wrote in message
In article ,

says...
By now all of you know that Dr. Gene Scott has passed, but guess

what?
All of US are going to pass away also. It is appointed unto man

once to
die AND AFTER THAT THE JUDGMENT! Heb. 9:27

The righteous are REQUIRED to tell the wicked they are going to die.
Eze. 3:18

The Christian is better off dead because he is with Christ and no

longer
concerned about possibly failing and denying Christ here on earth.
Phillipians 1:23.

So you claim..proof.

The bible is not proof Al! A book can say anything.

The non-Christian needs to be greatly concerned about dying before
accepting Christ for there is NO OTHER WAY to the Father in heaven.
John 14:6, KJV, "Jesus saith unto him, I am THE way, THE truth, and

THE
life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

So you claim, I'm not really worried, I'll just be worm food, like

you.
You probably aren't going anywhere...except into the ground.

Some of you rejoice at the death of Dr. Gene Scott. Many Christians
rejoice with you for, if he was truly a Christian (only God knows

the
heart), he is far better off than he ever was here. ... Even before

he
got prostate cancer. See Phil. 1:23.

I thought he was amusing. Most all the other preachers are slimeballs

at
best, so I'm not rejoicing he's dead, but I don't think there's any
reason to be happy about it...and prostate cancer can be a bad way to
go...

Right here I could interject the same word you used above. Proof. How do

you
know its a bad way to go? You gone that way? No. You know someone who

has?
Maybe yes. The same could be said for Dr. Scott. If you ever knew any
Christians, you would see their serenity in their leaving this world.

Ask
the doctors. They can tell you that Christians on the whole have more

of a
grip on death than those who dont know God. They can tell you the horror

on
the faces of those who die not knowing what will happen to them after

they
are gone. So throwing that word "proof" around shouldnt make you feel

as
smug as you think you are.

Smug?? No, just realistic.

I knew two people that had prostate cancer, one is still alive, having
had to be castrated, and then radiated and chemoed to the point he
almost died from it alone. But somehow, he made it. Tough guy.

The other guy had no signs of any problems, then started having pain
when standing up. He was loaded with cancer that had spread to his
spine. The cancer was so widespread they didn't even try to do chemo, he
was too far gone. He spent his last 3 weeks or so in bed, hooked to a
morphine drip that never put out enough to really stop the pain. He was
a christian, and he wasn't "serene" in the least. Maybe he had doubts..

Other christians may be more serene, but the placebo effect can account
for that. If you believe in something strong enough, it can do
"wonders".

But the most "serene" person I ever saw that was dying was a friend's
dad, who was an atheist from a young age, like myself. He was ok with
it, "Hey, 80 isn't that bad, longer than I ever expected!" He just kind
of faded away. Boy, would he have been ****ed if he knew his sisters got
together and had a minister do a memorial service before the "real" one.
The after funeral "wake" was about as tense as I have ever seen, one of
the sister's kids blabbed the whole deal as the real service ended. It
was entertaining.

BDK

To dismiss changed lives as a result of the teachings of the Bible is
smugness. You don't know most peoples testimonies. And it is their
testimony. You cant deny it. You don't have to believe it, but that doesn't
make you right. After all, they are the ones claiming a changed live. If
you don't believe it, fine, go your way, but you don't need to be putting
them down. You don't have the authority to speak for them.

Neither do you....

BDK
Old February 23rd 05, 04:39 PM
Brian Running

Not my job. If he wants it its out there.

Thanks for supplying my quota of ironic humor for the day!
Old February 23rd 05, 06:46 PM

You are the Pussy.
cuhulin

Old February 24th 05, 12:13 AM
Brian Oakley

"BDK" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

"BDK" wrote in message
In article ,

says...

"BDK" wrote in message
[...]

Actually I do.

Old February 24th 05, 01:37 AM
Honus

wrote in message
You are the Pussy.

Who in the hell are you talking to? Me? Am I your latest sexual obsession?
When you're balling Blueberry, do you pretend it's me?

Learn to quote, would ya?

Old February 24th 05, 01:59 AM
Larry Ozarow

Al Patrick wrote:
running dogg wrote:

Do you know where the Medical Deists (MD's) got their symbol? I'll give
you a hint. Numbers 21 and II Kings 18 and it represented Jesus Christ
the healer, who also suffered and died for us. It seems to me the
medical industry is very much attempting to play God.

It's actually the caduceus, the staff of Hermes, which
is a more aesthetically pleasing version of the staff
of Asclepius, the Greek god of healing. The scripture
you refer to mentions a healing staff of Moses and doesn't
really have anything to do with to Jesus at all, since he hadn't made
much of an appearance during the period covered by Numbers
or II Kings.
Old February 24th 05, 02:06 AM
Honus

"Al Patrick" wrote in message
Honus, Like I said, search the groups for the words (?) xian and g-d
and you'll find several of them. Don't expect ME to do YOUR work for
you! ;-)

Oh, so now it's "groups" and not this group. Bet's off. And this is getting
tiresome. You made the claim, you support it. Why should -I- do -your- work?

Uh oh, Now I'm guilty of top posting.

That, and backpedaling.

Honus wrote:

"Al Patrick" wrote in message

I do know that a few on this group would rejoice at the
thoughts of the death of any true Christian.

Name one.

Old February 24th 05, 02:33 AM
Honus

"Brian Oakley" wrote in message

"Honus" wrote in message
news3VSd.54648$uc.23474@trnddc04...

"Brian Oakley" wrote in message

"Honus" wrote in message

Your failure is duly noted.

And certainly not unexpected.

So just because someone doesn't do exactly as you dictate, its

failure.

Boy, you -are- a theist, aren't you? Classic, in fact. Twist and shout.

I know you mean that as a derogatory remark, but its far from that. If you
knew what theist meant, you would find a different word to use.

I know exactly what it means, and yes...I use it in a derogatory sense.

see. Lets all bow down to the person that screams the loudest. That's

good
way to win an argument. Just call them a failure for lack of anything

YOU
could post to the contrary?

sigh Patrick made the positive assertion. Therefore, it's up to him to
provide support for his assertion. What are you, twelve? This stuff is

all
so basic.

No not up to him. He can say and do what he wants. He doesnt have to prove
anything. This is a free country. If youre that concerned with proof, go
find it yourself. You wouldnt ask your employer to prove something to you
when he makes a statements. Because hed fire you. You would go look it up
yourself, hipocryte. So basic huh?

Hypocryte? Pot, kettle, black. And this isn't an employee/employer
relationship here. He made an insulting claim, and can't back it up. It's
over. You lose.

Now lets put the shoe on the other foot. You
asked him for proof.

Are you willing to back up your allegation that there
are NOT any on the ng that would rejoice at the death of a real

Christian?

I made no such allegation, theist. Show me where I did, or retract the
statement. You think you know where I was headed with Al; you're wrong.
Hell, boy...there are probably Christians around here that rejoice at

the
death of a real Christian. By the way...your use of that term frightens

me.
People that think like that are dangerous. "Real" Christians? You ought

know the dangers of that kind of thinking.

Sure you did. You did so in a reverse manner in asking Al to prove that
there were folks here that felt that way.

I'll repeat myself: "You think you know where I was headed with Al; you're
wrong."

For what it's worth, though, I don't think he could do it anyway. It was
more theistic hand-wringing, a display of the Christian persecution complex,
and he got called on it.

Your wanting proof only shows a
wanting to silence anyone anytime you want them to be silenced.

This is Usenet; I can't silence anyone. On top of that, I don't want to
silence him. You're being awfully judgemental. Isn't that a no-no for you?
Apparently not. Hypocryte. (sic)

Thats
hogwash. Its obvious you dont know what Im talking about when I say real
Christians so I wouldnt pretend if I were you.

And if you can't see the dangers inherent in a group of people deciding who
are "real christians" and who aren't, then you're a hopeless fool and I have
no use for you.

Statistics show that through the centuries, there are more that do

rejoice
at the death of Christians than there are of those that don't. That is

an
obvious historical fact, no one even has to look that up.

That's a good thing, because it -can't- be looked up. Statistics?

Please.

Go read a history book. Go read the Sudanese newspapers. Do it yourself

you
lazy lout.

Ah, name calling. Nice. I like that. Incidents in the Sudan today have
little to do with your assertion, by the way. "Statistics show that through
the centuries," is what you said. There are no statistics like that for me
to look up. It's more of that persecution complex.

There are plenty that rejoice at the deaths of Christians, and there

always
has been. They're are plenty that rejoice at the deaths of atheists, and
there always has been. There are always going to be people that rejoice

at
the death of someone that they see as being on the other side. Your
assertion that more people rejoice at the deaths of Christians than

don't
is
hyperbole. It's not an obvious historical fact, and you need to take a

long
hard look at the history of your faith before you start making remarks

like
that.

Again, go read a history book. Christians are the most persecuted people

in
the world.

That may be the case today; I don't know. I think that'd be pretty hard to
quantify. There's also a difference between history and today; your sentence
incorrectly conflates the two. As for being true throughout history, you may
be selling but I'm not buying. And I mustn't forget to add that Christians
have brought it on themselves. There's a reason why they're persecuted; you
guys have a lot of making up to do.

And seek some help with persecution complex of yours.

Dont have a complex sir. I see adhominim attacks are all you know how to

do.

Another misstatement, since the only thing that I can recall that could even
remotely be characterized as ad hominen was my sneering use of the word
"theist", and since it's an accurate use of the word your whine about ad
hominism doesn't really apply. By the way...if ad hominem is wrong, and you
obviously think it is and that I'm engaging in it, why are you engaging in
it as well? Because you're not perfect, just forgiven?

Go to debate school. Might learn something about free speech while youre
there as well.

I can assure you, with the utmost sincerity, that I am certain I know more
about free speech than you -think- you know. Unlike you, I've been known to
look at books other than the Bible. And as for going to debate school, you
must think you're doing pretty good here, huh?

Gene Scott, satellites and MW Honus Shortwave 19 August 22nd 04 08:25 PM
Gene Scott, satellites and MW Honus Dx 8 August 18th 04 10:22 AM
Gene Scott, satellites and MW Honus Dx 0 August 16th 04 08:49 PM
EH Scott 'morale' receiver Rich Boatanchors 26 March 29th 04 10:24 PM
Leland Scott Is Innocent Ruby Tuesday CB 0 March 9th 04 09:04 PM