Old April 21st 05, 05:11 PM
MnMikew

"Stephen M.H. Lawrence" wrote in message
"MnMikew" wrote:

Thunder mug, LOL. They even make Schlitz anymore?

I think Stroh's bought them out, and Schlitz is no more.

To my delight and bewilderment, the last time I was in
LaCrosse, I noticed that Old Style is back on the shelves
again. I cannot say whether it still tastes as poopie as it
once did, but the smart money is on "Yes."

I can say without hesitation that's one thing the Canadians
do very well (Make tasty beer). However, (ahem, bold
statement follows)....Boulevard Brewery's Unfiltered Wheat
Beer is the most delicious domestic beer I've ever tasted.

Yes I'll give the Canadians that. Nothing like a real Molson or Canadian
Club. Old Style is my beer of choice when Im over in cheeseland at the
property.You don't really see it in MN anymore, well, in bars anyway. I dont
think that Old Style is fully Krausened(sp?) anymore.

Old April 21st 05, 05:13 PM
MnMikew

"Les" wrote in message
ups.com...

Minnesota has always had an abundance of small breweries, August Schell
Brewery comes to mind, they made many excellent beers. Yes, Old Style
was a very good brew many years ago when I last was able to obtain it.
Last trip I made back home, I loaded up on Leinenkugel's........:-)

Les

Schells was a good brew. We used to go to Michigan every summer and would
load up on the real Strohs beer to bring home. Strohs went waaaay downhill
once G. Heilman bought them out.

Old April 21st 05, 05:15 PM
MnMikew

"Les" wrote:

Minnesota has always had an abundance of small breweries, August Schell
Brewery comes to mind, they made many excellent beers. Yes, Old Style
was a very good brew many years ago when I last was able to obtain it.
Last trip I made back home, I loaded up on Leinenkugel's........:-)

Les

As they like to say here, "Ya sure, you betcha!" Another great one is
the Point Brewery in Stevens Point, Wisconsin. Their Winter Bock
(which can only be had *in* Winter, interestingly) is the best domestic
bock-style beer I've ever tasted.

There's also Summit over in Saint Paul. They do a fair to middlin' job.

You sure don't see bock beer around like you used to. I remember every
spring you'd see almost every brewery around coming out with one. Ahhhhhhhh
bock.

Old April 21st 05, 05:16 PM
MnMikew

"Buzzygirl" wrote in message

"Stephen M.H. Lawrence" wrote in message

I'm thinking "Road trip."

The "Microbreweries of the Midwest" Tour! Now that would be a fun summer
venture!

Jackie

Sign me up!

Old April 21st 05, 05:17 PM
MnMikew

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

That is another name for a "Chamber pot". They were kept under the
bed in places without indoor plumbing so people could relieve themselves
at night without going outdoors into the dark where it might be below
freezing, or wild animals might be roaming. They were used in castles,
as well.

Sounds like deer camp in Wisc.

Old April 21st 05, 06:40 PM
MnMikew

"David" wrote in message

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 09:29:37 -0500, wrote:

Now,Beer,I understand,but what does crapping have to do with Shortwave
Radio? Hey,do y'all know? Mississippi is the Catfish Capital.
www.dogpile.com Mississippi Catfish on Parade

Mississippi Catfish Bound for Iraq.Clarion Ledger.
cuhulin

Fish is bad for you. It contains heavy metals that poison you. Blame
the Republicans.

Ahhh the liberal mantra. Typical.

Old April 21st 05, 06:51 PM
David

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 12:40:49 -0500, "MnMikew"
wrote:

"David" wrote in message
.. .

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 09:29:37 -0500, wrote:

Now,Beer,I understand,but what does crapping have to do with Shortwave
Radio? Hey,do y'all know? Mississippi is the Catfish Capital.
www.dogpile.com Mississippi Catfish on Parade

Mississippi Catfish Bound for Iraq.Clarion Ledger.
cuhulin

Fish is bad for you. It contains heavy metals that poison you. Blame
the Republicans.

Ahhh the liberal mantra. Typical.

Got nothing to do with Liberals or meditation. Republicans are the
ones who let the power companies regulate themselves. Moreso than
Democratics, anyway.

Facts is facts.

Old April 21st 05, 06:54 PM
dxAce

David wrote:

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 12:40:49 -0500, "MnMikew"
wrote:

"David" wrote in message
.. .

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 09:29:37 -0500, wrote:

Now,Beer,I understand,but what does crapping have to do with Shortwave
Radio? Hey,do y'all know? Mississippi is the Catfish Capital.
www.dogpile.com Mississippi Catfish on Parade

Mississippi Catfish Bound for Iraq.Clarion Ledger.
cuhulin

Fish is bad for you. It contains heavy metals that poison you. Blame
the Republicans.

Ahhh the liberal mantra. Typical.

Got nothing to do with Liberals or meditation. Republicans are the
ones who let the power companies regulate themselves. Moreso than
Democratics, anyway.

Facts is facts.

And liberal 'tardism is... well... it's liberal 'tardism!

We need to not only police the borders, we need to go back to locking up 'tards.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old April 21st 05, 07:07 PM
Michael A. Terrell

MnMikew wrote:

Sounds like deer camp in Wisc.

I'll have to take your word on that.

--
Former professional electron wrangler.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Old April 21st 05, 07:15 PM
Michael A. Terrell

Jb77 wrote:

not me. (wish it was though, not clever enough.)
somebodies been spoofing my email addrress.

apparently i've been posting in alt.religion.buddhism as well and i don't
even subscribe.
been having issues with my isp recently after my computer was hacked.

jason

The original message was posted from: