Old October 5th 05, 04:04 AM
KØHB

Default Great Liberty Net 3.931

"an_old_friend" wrote

You are one of those elist folks that can't accept that are ONLy equal
of the rest of us

The "equality of all" is a naive myth which serves mainly to perpetuate
mediocrity in the human race. "....that all men are created equal" makes a nice
sound-bite but even the most casual examination of any random sample of
humankind disproves it beyond any doubt.

It always baffles me that free people buy into the notion of "democratic
equality", because in fact the notions of "freedom" and "all are equal" are
almost diametrically opposed. If I accept that I am your equal (and that you
are mine) then I give up all freedom to be different from you, better than you,
or worse than you. I simply WILL NOT give up that freedom, and therefore I
reject the notion of "human equality".

If you want to explore the results of real human equality, read Kurt Vonnegut's
short story "Harrison Bergeron" at http://instruct.westvalley.edu/lafave/hb.html

73, de Hans, K0HB

Old October 5th 05, 05:30 AM
an_old_friend

KØHB wrote:
"an_old_friend" wrote

You are one of those elist folks that can't accept that are ONLy equal
of the rest of us

The "equality of all" is a naive myth which serves mainly to perpetuate
mediocrity in the human race. "....that all men are created equal" makes a nice
sound-bite but even the most casual examination of any random sample of
humankind disproves it beyond any doubt.

I knew I could count on the MMM for the elitist view

It always baffles me that free people buy into the notion of "democratic
equality", because in fact the notions of "freedom" and "all are equal" are
almost diametrically opposed. If I accept that I am your equal (and thatyou
are mine) then I give up all freedom to be different from you, better than you,
or worse than you. I simply WILL NOT give up that freedom, and thereforeI
reject the notion of "human equality".

simple Bull**** Hans equality in rights does not mean one gives up the
right to the be different

freedom and equality are not in consistant

If you want to explore the results of real human equality, read Kurt Vonnegut's
short story "Harrison Bergeron" at http://instruct.westvalley.edu/lafave/hb.html

why since the line of "Reasoning" is GIGO

73, de Hans, K0HB

Old October 5th 05, 10:33 AM
K4YZ

nobodys_old_friend wrote:
KØHB wrote:
"nobodys_old_friend" wrote

You are one of those elist folks that can't accept that are ONLy equal
of the rest of us

The "equality of all" is a naive myth which serves mainly to perpetuate
mediocrity in the human race. "....that all men are created equal" makes a nice
sound-bite but even the most casual examination of any random sample of
humankind disproves it beyond any doubt.

I knew I could count on the MMM for the elitist view

There's nothing "elitist" about is.

It's a fact of common sociology.

It always baffles me that free people buy into the notion of "democratic
equality", because in fact the notions of "freedom" and "all are equal"are
almost diametrically opposed. If I accept that I am your equal (and that you
are mine) then I give up all freedom to be different from you, better than you,
or worse than you. I simply WILL NOT give up that freedom, and therefore I
reject the notion of "human equality".

simple Bull#### Hans equality in rights does not mean one gives up the
right to the be different

Spelling's better, but your grammatical structure still needs
work.

freedom and equality are not in consistant

Sure they are.

There are hundreds of millions of people all over the world who
share the same basic "freedom" that I do, but are NOT my "equal" on
many, many levels.

You're proof of that, Mark.

If you want to explore the results of real human equality, read Kurt Vonnegut's
short story "Harrison Bergeron" at http://instruct.westvalley.edu/lafave/hb.html

why since the line of "Reasoning" is GIGO

You're kinda stuck on that "GIGO" acronym, aren't you, Mark?

It's no longer generally applicable for many reasons. On more
than one example I can put "garbage in" and get something useful out on
the other side.

Steve, K4YZ

Old October 5th 05, 03:39 PM
an old friend

K4YZ wrote:
nobodys_old_friend wrote:
KØHB wrote:
"nobodys_old_friend" wrote

You are one of those elist folks that can't accept that are ONLy equal
of the rest of us

The "equality of all" is a naive myth which serves mainly to perpetuate
mediocrity in the human race. "....that all men are created equal" makes a nice
sound-bite but even the most casual examination of any random sample of
humankind disproves it beyond any doubt.

I knew I could count on the MMM for the elitist view

There's nothing "elitist" about is.

sure is elitist

It's a fact of common sociology.

what is "Common Sociology" as opposed to other kinds?

and of course sociology of any kind has nothing to do with the matter

It always baffles me that free people buy into the notion of "democratic
equality", because in fact the notions of "freedom" and "all are equal" are
almost diametrically opposed. If I accept that I am your equal (and that you
are mine) then I give up all freedom to be different from you, betterthan you,
or worse than you. I simply WILL NOT give up that freedom, and therefore I
reject the notion of "human equality".

simple Bull#### Hans equality in rights does not mean one gives up the
right to the be different

Spelling's better, but your grammatical structure still needs
work.

again the spelling cop always the spelling

and as all always ignore the issue

freedom and equality are not in consistant

Sure they are.

moe of your bigoted elitist nonsense

There are hundreds of millions of people all over the world who
share the same basic "freedom" that I do, but are NOT my "equal" on
many, many levels.

only 100's of millions

my word do check on the basisc census figures some day

You're proof of that, Mark.

wrong again

If you want to explore the results of real human equality, read Kurt Vonnegut's
short story "Harrison Bergeron" at http://instruct.westvalley.edu/lafave/hb.html

why since the line of "Reasoning" is GIGO

You're kinda stuck on that "GIGO" acronym, aren't you, Mark?

when the acronym fits I use it

Old October 5th 05, 05:21 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"an_old_friend" wrote in message
oups.com...

Dan/W4NTI wrote:
"an_old_friend" wrote in message
ups.com...

Dan/W4NTI wrote:
"an_old_friend" wrote in message
oups.com...

BDK wrote:
In article .com,
says...

cut
The good old days is right!

and people dare suggest that I can in any way be harmfull on such
bands

BDK

Now who said that? All the "illegal jammers", etc, made the Liberty
Net..FUN. Now it's just a bunch of old KKK and Nazi losers crying
about
the ...(insert race or jew here) picking on their poor old puckered
up
white cracker asses. Awwwwww. One night, I did actually hear them
talking about ...radio! I about crapped my pants!

who? well all these folks claiming No Code will be the "end of Ham
radio"

BDK

A O F is a bit paranoid. He is under the impression that every
discussion
should include him. Sort of like a 3 year old.

Hmm Paranoia according to you is beliving I have the same right to
coment on the posts in here as everyone else

Dan/W4NTI

That's the point AOF, you don't.

ah but I do I have the same rights as you do

One day you might grow up and realize that fact, but I certainlly would
not recomend anyone hold thier breath waiting for it

You are one of those elist folks that can't accept that are ONLy equal
of the rest of us

Dan/W4NTI

Your so-called rights STOP at my nose. I have the right not to be annoyed
by the likes of you, child brain, ignorant of basic facts about ham radio.
And too stupid to learn.

Now go away and suck your thumb.

Dan/W4NTI

Old October 5th 05, 05:23 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"KØHB" wrote in message
nk.net...

[...]

Great comeback Hans.

Dan/W4NTI

Old October 5th 05, 05:27 PM
Dan/W4NTI

See what I mean about this 'twit' called "an old friend" ?

He interjects into any and all topics. Then gets it all turned way off the
original topic, and brings the discussion to 'him', his 'views', his
'rights', his 'wants', his 'needs'.....Then acts insulted when someone has
the audacity to actually challenge him.

A world class moron in my book.

Dan/W4NTI

"an old friend" wrote in message
oups.com...

K4YZ wrote:
nobodys_old_friend wrote:
"nobodys_old_friend" wrote

Old October 5th 05, 05:27 PM
KØHB

"an_old_friend"

simple Bull**** Hans equality in rights does not mean
one gives up the right to the be different

You have that part right --- equality in rights is a fine thing, and we all
agree with it.

But I wasn't talking about "rights". I was talking about the flawed notion
that "all men are CREATED equal". We all have different physical attributes,
different levels of intelligence, different native skills and abilities, etc.,
etc., etc. Clearly we are NOT created equal. As an example, you may have a
great sense of pitch and rythm along with a good voice, so might become a famous
singer. I on the other hand, can't carry a tune in a tow sack. Clear to all
but deaf observers, we are NOT equal. The same analogy can be applied to any
human attribute you wish to examine, yet politicians (even though they don't
practice it themselves) still feed the masses this "created equal" myth, and the
masses still buy into it.

If you want to explore the results of real human equality,
read Kurt Vonnegut's short story "Harrison Bergeron"
at http://instruct.westvalley.edu/lafave/hb.html

why since the line of "Reasoning" is GIGO

I recommended it because KV does a much better job than I in illustrating the
issue.

Beep beep
de Hans, K0HB

Old October 5th 05, 06:09 PM

KØHB wrote:
"an_old_friend"

simple

(expetive deleted)

Hans equality in rights does not mean
one gives up the right to the be different

You have that part right --- equality in rights is a fine thing, and we all
agree with it.

Most people, anyway. Recall that it wasn't until many years after the
USA was founded that it became illegal for some people to own other
people as property, and even more years until both genders had the
right to vote.

But I wasn't talking about "rights". I was talking about the flawed notion
that "all men are CREATED equal".

And there's the problem.

The phrase "all men are created equal" is too often taken as a
stand-alone, without the context of the rest of the document and the
times when it was written. The equality that was meant in the original
document was equality of rights - and rights only! It was meant to
dispel once and for all any claim to inherited privilege, nobility,
title, or monarchy. No more and no less. This was a truly radical
concept at the time, when almost all of western civilization had
"nobles" and monarchs, and the average person had few if any rights
that were guaranteed simply by being a human. The "endowed by their
Creator" part is meant as a direct contradiction to the idea that some
monarchs were given their authority by one divinity or another.

(for a truly brilliant deconstruction of the concept of monarchy, see
"Monty Python and the Holy Grail", and the scene where Arthur
encounters Dennis.)

We all have different physical attributes,
different levels of intelligence, different native skills and abilities, etc.,
etc., etc. Clearly we are NOT created equal.

Not that way, anyhow. And even if we *were*, we all don't develop the
same way. The differences observable in identical twins are proof of
that.

As an example, you may have a
great sense of pitch and rythm along with a good voice, so might become afamous
singer. I on the other hand, can't carry a tune in a tow sack. Clear to all
but deaf observers, we are NOT equal. The same analogy can be applied toany
human attribute you wish to examine, yet politicians (even though they don't
practice it themselves) still feed the masses this "created equal" myth, and the
masses still buy into it.

What they do is to substitute equality of *outcome* for equality of
*rights*.

Or to put it another way, what was meant by "created equal" was that
there should be equality of *opportunity*, but not necessarily equality
of *results*.

If you want to explore the results of real human equality,
read Kurt Vonnegut's short story "Harrison Bergeron"
at http://instruct.westvalley.edu/lafave/hb.html

It's a great story, showing the enforcement of mandatory equality of
results.

There are many road races where anyone who can pay the fee and who will
sign the waiver can enter, start at the same starting line and starting
signal, and run/walk/jog the course.

That's equality of opportunity.

What Harrison Bergeron describes so well is a society where everyone
has to *finish* together, regardless of their actual ability.

why since the line of "Reasoning" is GIGO

I recommended it because KV does a much better job than I in illustratingthe
issue.

Yep. One of the greatest American writers, if not *the* greatest.

73 de Jim, N2EY

"Welcome To The Monkey House"

"Who made you king? I didn't vote for you!"

Old October 5th 05, 06:40 PM
an old friend

KØHB wrote:
"an_old_friend"

simple Bull**** Hans equality in rights does not mean
one gives up the right to the be different

You have that part right --- equality in rights is a fine thing, and we all
agree with it.

obvioulsy not Hans or I guess you haven't been reading Dan lately, he
has been dening I have the same rights as Him. In addition Steve, Dee,
Dave Heil, even most recently some one neamed "ace" and others making
claims based on various nonsense that I don't have the same rights as
they do

[...]

well in this case itis not the issue I am interested in, so it would
still be GIGO, just for different reason

Beep beep
de Hans, K0HB

Anyone hear The Great Liberty Net last night? LW Shortwave 3 October 11th 05 07:51 PM
Great Liberty Net 3.956 Weebus Saggytits General 2 July 3rd 05 03:44 AM
Great Liberty Net 3.956 Weebus Saggytits Policy 2 July 3rd 05 03:44 AM
The Great Liberty Net ... LW Shortwave 6 April 19th 04 04:14 PM
a dipole made of two great sheets of metal? Dan Jacobson Antenna 12 April 7th 04 02:22 AM