Old January 13th 06, 06:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
junius

Default Eton E1 Recall

wrote:
For those who are royally ****ed off about this, you might want to
consider the following:

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...rxvr/0321.html

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...rxvr/0330.html

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...rxvr/0175.html

Some nice radios, but I'd say the E1 occupies a niche quite distinct
from any of these. If I didn't have an SW8, however, I would likely
make the plunge for one of those Palstar units.

junius

Old January 13th 06, 06:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
D Peter Maus

wavetrapper wrote:
Well, I think we should give Eton a little credit here. (1) They
fessed up to a problem [they did not do so with the Sat800] and (2)
they are offering make the owners whole plus provide a "premium" for
the inconvenience.

The case of Sat800 was different than the E1 recall, in that Sat 800
issues were matters of inconsistent quality, with a number of technical
bugs that were worked out on the refurb table.

The matter of E1 is a safety issue. And one that occurs with
increasing frequency across many electronic lines as battery technology
and chemistry changes. I just got a new battery in the mail, unbidden,
btw, from Delphi for my MyFi. Seems that the original battery, too, has
a bit of an overheating problem, related to a series of batteries
manufactured in China.

A similar recall was issued by Nikon for my DSLR battery, which was
also a short run Chinese issue. Overheating and potential damage or
injury, again, the case. In both cases, replacement of the battery, made
in India was the solution.

A recall for Sat 800 would have made no sense. Whereas in the case of
E1, a recall forestalls a number of potentially larger problems.

Old January 13th 06, 06:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Metinks she was doin six or more with that big male dog.But,y'all know
how crazy them wimmins are,nowdays.Which reminds me,maybe I need to go
to me FlowerinThWater webtv thangy and cuss out that divorced woman (she
likes it) in Petal,Mississippi again?
cuhulin

Old January 13th 06, 06:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

zener diodes can get your scooters running again.
cuhulin

Old January 13th 06, 06:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
rkhalona

The E1 seems to be an SW8 in a *Grundig* Sat900 case plus XM added.

RK

Old January 13th 06, 07:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Then it should stop using gimmicks like XM.

Old January 13th 06, 07:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Your Eton,,, their Etons,,, y'all go play with your ownnnnn Etons!
cuhulin

Old January 13th 06, 07:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Etons,,, bunch of Worthless pieces of Crap! My old Goodwill thrift store
beat up auld Radios are Much Better than Eton can ever put out!
Made in India pieces of S..T!!!!!
cuhulin

Old January 13th 06, 07:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

John S - Thanks for the Millions ! ~ RHF
{ Still Running Around In Quality Circles }
Old January 13th 06, 07:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Dont Forget,, I am Larry,and I KNOW what I am talkin aboot.
cuhulin