Old January 14th 06, 05:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default FOR SALE: ETON E1

Jimmie Dean told 007,while 007 was sitting there,fingering that roll of
toilet paper,in Lost Vegas,,,,,

Hey,if I never see any Etons at the Goodwill store,,, I figure I am
better off.India makes worthless Junk.
cuhulin

Old January 14th 06, 10:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brenda Ann

wrote in message
ups.com...
I bought it originally for my son who is in the military. When he was
transferred overseas he was not able to take it with him.

I'm curious as to the why of this. Is it something particular to the
theater he's in? The PX sells shortwave radios (Sony ICF-55 and JWin MX 14,
certainly not in the same league as the E1XM) and boom boxes the size of
small cars. I even had a Pioneer boom box that had SW (single band from 5
to 21 MHz) that I bought in the PX when I first moved to Korea.

Old January 14th 06, 10:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Goldfinger movie (my favorite 007 shaken not stirred movie) is cranking
up on Radio tv now.I got so tired of the Fort Hood,Texas Post Cafeteria
playing that Goldfinger theme music over and over,I quit going to the
Post Cafeteria for my Pecan Pie and Coffee breaks.
I still would like to know why Shortwave Radios aren't allowed nowdays
in the U.S.Army.
cuhulin

Old January 14th 06, 11:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Moving from place to place,I had my Duffle Bag and a little carry
bag/case.Plenty enough room to pack a portable radio along with my
shaving kit and some other thingys.
cuhulin

Old January 15th 06, 12:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Thanks!! You got it. Seems everybody is concerned about NOTHING!!

Pete

Old January 15th 06, 12:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Thank you! In view what our boys facing facing out there, I have a hard
time following the discussion over what was meant to be t giving
somebody in this group a gerat deal on this radio.

Pete

Old January 15th 06, 01:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brenda Ann

wrote in message
oups.com...
Thank you! In view what our boys facing facing out there, I have a hard
time following the discussion over what was meant to be t giving
somebody in this group a gerat deal on this radio.

Wish I could afford it, even though I wouldn't be able to take advantage of
it's full potential here.