Old March 6th 06, 05:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Teenagedeathboy

Default Reno SWL's Please Help

I'm an SWL in Reno, Nv and I can't seem to find anywhere other than
Radio Shack to purchase a good shortwave reciever. I've had a Grundig
YB400 for a couple of years now and I want to expand on my listening
post. Circuit City and other consumer electronics stores sell
mini-portables and such but those are not what I am looking for. A
porta-top or tabletop model like a Sattilite 800 or the new Eton E1
would be nice.... does anyone know where I can get these in Reno?
Thanks.

Old March 6th 06, 05:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Radio TexMex

Teenagedeathboy wrote:

I'm an SWL in Reno, Nv and I can't seem to find anywhere other than
Radio Shack to purchase a good shortwave reciever. I've had a Grundig
YB400 for a couple of years now and I want to expand on my listening
post. Circuit City and other consumer electronics stores sell
mini-portables and such but those are not what I am looking for. A
porta-top or tabletop model like a Sattilite 800 or the new Eton E1
would be nice.... does anyone know where I can get these in Reno?
Thanks.

Not interested in Ebay? There is a wide variety of radios for SWLs on eBay,
and if you do some homework, smart bidding and patience you might find a
good deal.

- Matt
Old March 6th 06, 06:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Verstaldin

If I had the money, I'd buy an ICOM - they have a website s.

All life all holiness come from you O Lord

oups.com...

Old March 6th 06, 06:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On 6 Mar 2006 09:10:57 -0800, "Teenagedeathboy"
wrote:

I'm an SWL in Reno, Nv and I can't seem to find anywhere other than
Radio Shack to purchase a good shortwave reciever. I've had a Grundig
YB400 for a couple of years now and I want to expand on my listening
post. Circuit City and other consumer electronics stores sell
mini-portables and such but those are not what I am looking for. A
porta-top or tabletop model like a Sattilite 800 or the new Eton E1
would be nice.... does anyone know where I can get these in Reno?
Thanks.

Circuit City sells the Eton E1XM.

Old March 6th 06, 06:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Steve

wrote:

I'm an SWL in Reno, Nv and I can't seem to find anywhere other than
Radio Shack to purchase a good shortwave reciever. I've had a Grundig
YB400 for a couple of years now and I want to expand on my listening
post. Circuit City and other consumer electronics stores sell
mini-portables and such but those are not what I am looking for. A
porta-top or tabletop model like a Sattilite 800 or the new Eton E1
would be nice.... does anyone know where I can get these in Reno?
Thanks.

Circuit City sells the Eton E1XM.

Did you dealer tell you that?

Old March 6th 06, 07:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
W Page Pyne

Las Vegas if its not too far away has an AES, Amateur Electronic Supply

Old March 6th 06, 08:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Radio TexMex

wrote:

Teenagedeathboy wrote:

I'm an SWL in Reno, Nv and I can't seem to find anywhere other than
Radio Shack to purchase a good shortwave reciever. I've had a Grundig
YB400 for a couple of years now and I want to expand on my listening
post. Circuit City and other consumer electronics stores sell
mini-portables and such but those are not what I am looking for. A
porta-top or tabletop model like a Sattilite 800 or the new Eton E1
would be nice.... does anyone know where I can get these in Reno?
Thanks.

Not interested in Ebay? There is a wide variety of radios for SWLs on
eBay, and if you do some homework, smart bidding and patience you might
find a good deal.

- Matt

Ick!

Care to expand on that for me?
Old March 6th 06, 08:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

which should stock a few receivers. Or see what the carry at www.aesham.com

Oakland is half the distance as Vegas. They have a Ham Radio Outlet.

http://www.hamradio.com/web/stores/oakland.html

http://www.hamradio.com/frames.shtml

Old March 6th 06, 08:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

wrote:

Teenagedeathboy wrote:

I'm an SWL in Reno, Nv and I can't seem to find anywhere other than
Radio Shack to purchase a good shortwave reciever. I've had a Grundig
YB400 for a couple of years now and I want to expand on my listening
post. Circuit City and other consumer electronics stores sell
mini-portables and such but those are not what I am looking for. A
porta-top or tabletop model like a Sattilite 800 or the new Eton E1
would be nice.... does anyone know where I can get these in Reno?
Thanks.

Not interested in Ebay? There is a wide variety of radios for SWLs on
eBay, and if you do some homework, smart bidding and patience you might
find a good deal.

- Matt

Ick!

Care to expand on that for me?

eBay reminds me of garage sales. Besides, stuff costs more on eBay
than it does from stores.