Old May 17th 06, 09:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brian Hill

Default Almost an Eton E10 Gloat !

wrote in message
oups.com...
There's also the case of the new electonics smell, that we all cherish,
when we open up a radio, for the first time.
That may be the deciding factor, whether a radio is new,
"new-in-the-box", or old, "new-in-the-box", In the case of the lucky
gentleman that has a DX-440, "new-in-the-box", if the box is not
sealed in plastic, and has lost its new electronics smell, we could
still say it's, "new-in-the-box". My RS radios' boxes were not sealed
in plastic, but appeared untouched by human hands, so I can say
cautiously that they are, "new-in-the-box". The RS sleazy salesman said
that he had an Eton E10 sealed in a plastic box, which I would have
kept as backup, but I was unable to find another one sealed in a
plastic box, so it may have been touched by someone else, and thus
would have not been, "new-in-the-box". If I had a new radio unsealed
in a plastic box, then I would hesitate in opening the box to look at
the radio, because it would lose some of its smell and be less,
"new-in-the-box" How does one deal with such dilemmas ?

You all still didn't give me any solutions to these dilemmas.

Boy! You certainly are king of the stupid mother f--kers!!

BH

Old May 18th 06, 12:53 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I'm glad this upsets you, but that wasn't a very constructive solution
to these dilemmas !

Old May 18th 06, 01:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

What happends, if our, "new-in-the-box", unsealed box is handled too
much, then someone might think it is not, "new-in-the-box" ? We could
put the unsealed, "new-in-the-box", box in a large zippered plastic
baggie, but it would need to be clear plastic and put in a place, in
our "ham shack", so we could look at it in times of uncertainty, when
our current radio gets dropped, or gets a blemish on it. Of course, we
couldn't put it on a shelf, because it might get bumped and fall off,
thus it might be damaged, "new-in-the-box". This would create a real
dilemma, because we would not know, if it was damaged, or not, and if
we should break out the new, but possibly damaged, "new-in-the-box",
radio, or purchase yet another backup radio. If we broke out the
backup radio, then we might be using a damaged radio, yet our old radio
would still be pristine. We would then have to make the decision,
whether to purchase yet another backup radio, if they still made it,
but then we would be using two used radios, with two new,
"new-in-the-box". This could get to be very expensive. This is where
my $25 RS digital PLL receiver has its advantages - it performes, just
as well as, my returned, but broken S350 to RS, and it is no big deal
to throw out a $25 radio, unless you are on welfare. I have thrown out
two of them, because of blemishes, but now the radio has been
discontinued, so I can't afford to get any blemishes on my current
radio - but I still have two new, "new-in-the-box", that I stare at
time-to-time, for reassurance. So, we have to find a place in our "ham
shack", that is safe for our new, "new-in-the-box" radios, but a place
where we can stare at them. Of course, if we are lucky enough to find
a radio, where the box is sealed in plastic, we know for sure that no
one has touched it, and we can surely call it new, "new-in-the-box".
So that would solve this dilemma, but we would probably want to keep
the sealed box in a zippered plastic baggie, just to keep the plastic
on the box pristine.

Old May 18th 06, 02:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John S.

Brian Hill wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

Don't knw if you noticed, but the owner of that bot programmed it to
answer itself and double up responses.

Old May 18th 06, 02:47 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
m II

Telamon wrote:
In article 9,
Conan Ford wrote:

I've never heard of anyone intelligent in the intelligence community
announcing their status on a public message posting system.

He was just trying to lay the Plame someplace else.

groan

New Eton E5 gloat David Shortwave 0 May 12th 06 07:06 PM
ABOUT - The Eton {Etón} 'Elite' E5 AM/FM Shortwave Radio - Part II - RHF Shortwave 4 February 15th 06 12:23 AM
What the Eton E1 Rado is NOT ! -=V=- What It "IS" and What Not to Expect RHF Shortwave 14 October 20th 05 01:16 AM
Eton E1XM Radio "News & Info" / Who has the Eton E1 XM Radio "For Sale" ? / Locating an Eton E1 XM Radio to Buy ! RHF Shortwave 0 August 16th 05 03:37 AM
Grundig Satellit 900 -=V=- Eton E1 XM Radio RHF Shortwave 5 February 5th 04 12:14 PM