Old September 23rd 08, 12:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Clarifying Space, "Ether" and Nothingness

wrote:
It is difficult to suck out an abstraction ...

If not impossible ... and that's an argument in favor
of the reality of ether.
--
73, Cecil
http://www.w5dxp.com
Old September 23rd 08, 12:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

JB wrote:
It is difficult to suck out an abstraction (at least without imbibing
in the spirits).

BINGO!

Bingo indeed! Proving that Einstein's ether could not
be an abstraction.
Old September 23rd 08, 05:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Cecil Moore wrote:

All you have to prove is that gravity can warp an abstraction.
Does gravity warp God?

God IS warped, well, at least his sense of humor ... ;-)

Regards,
JS
Old September 23rd 08, 05:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
It is possible to consider that as a possible explanation provided
that the hypothesis of exotic dark matter can ever be shown to exist
physically, which it can't.

Sorry, that is incorrect. It has been shown there is more
matter associated with galaxies than we can see. The part
we can see is thought to be about 5% of the universe. Dark
matter possesses conventional gravity and apparently makes
up about 30% of the universe.

For that hypothesis to be true, of course we must
verify that alleged exotic matter, which cannot be observed, has a
negative gravitational force relative to physical mass, ...

Sorry, that is incorrect. The thing thought to be responsible
for the expansion of the universe is Dark Energy causing an
expansion pressure. Dark Energy is thought to account for
65% of the universe.
--
73, Cecil
http://www.w5dxp.com
"According to the general theory of relativity,
space without ether is unthinkable." Albert Einstein

It's amazing how far into space people will go without even stepping off the
planet.

Don't get me wrong, It's good to explore in the best we can, but one thing
brings me back to reality. No one of us seems to be able to keep straight
in our heads, all of the details of all the theories, observations, problems
and their interdependence and conflicts. It seems that every conclusion
presented that I can have hope of researching in great enough detail,
reveals leaps of faith.

Reminds me a whole lot of the Psychology and Philosophy courses I took to
round out my transcripts. All the GREAT GENIUSES in those fields got tunnel
vision and went way out on a limb even to the point of developing their own
dialect. The lesson learned of all that, was that humanity is so versatile
that no one could point to one theory that held up in the broader range of
human experience.

What does that leave us with? Tools that can be applied if we know where
they can be used, but only if they hold when we put work to them.

The end result though, is that humanity is so versatile

Old September 23rd 08, 06:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

JB wrote:

I certainly wouldn't use them in a research paper. Like doing a book report
with Cliff Notes. Like reporting on a review.

I would simply indicate, in a/the footnote, the question of accuracy ...
things have changed, but there was a time when you could trust Time with
the same surety of Walter Cronkite ... but that was before infotainment.

Regards,
JS
Old September 23rd 08, 09:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

JB wrote:
The end result though, is that humanity is so versatile

Human knowledge is expanding exponentially. The
more we know, the more we know that we don't know.
Old September 24th 08, 12:12 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

things have changed, but there was a time when you could trust Time with
the same surety of Walter Cronkite ... but that was before infotainment.

Regards,
JS

That has really hurt my trust in a big way. To the point I question nearly
everything but what I have proved for myself. Just like in a courtroom, if
they lie about one thing, you can't trust them on anything.

Old September 24th 08, 05:09 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

JB wrote:

That has really hurt my trust in a big way. To the point I question nearly
everything but what I have proved for myself. Just like in a courtroom, if
they lie about one thing, you can't trust them on anything.

True, very true ...

Indeed, makes voting, faith in public servants such as the president, my
senators and congressmen very, very difficult ...

I know brother, I know ... but I still have a bit of faith in Einstein
.... contemplative-look

Last jury trial I was a juror on, I certainly questioned the sanity of
the prosecutor! The "question(s)", in my mind, about the "public
pretender" I could understand, more ... I am sure, you get my drift ...

Warm regards,
JS