Old May 24th 10, 09:57 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Computer model experiment

Uzytkownik "Art Unwin" napisal w wiadomosci
On May 23, 9:55 am, Cecil Moore wrote:

What is the electron density of free

space?

Gulp!
Space is homogenous in electron content? If so

how can a solar stream exist?

Cecil does not suggest that. What can means the level and fluctuations. Now
everybody measure it:
http://www.academicjournals.org/ijli...%20et%20al.pdf
S*

Old May 24th 10, 02:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On May 23, 1:01*pm, "Szczepan Bialek" wrote:
Your eyes detect the electrons oscillations.

My eyes are in a different location from the electron oscillations.
What is your theory of exactly what is incident upon my retina that is
traversing the distance from the electron stream to my eyes at the
speed of light?
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com
Old May 24th 10, 02:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On May 23, 7:17*pm, Art Unwin wrote:
On May 23, 9:55*am, Cecil Moore wrote:
eyes which evolved to detect photons, not electrons.

Where is that stated in print?

I did a Yahoo search for, "eye detection of photons", and got 705,007
hits. Here's one of them from the Kansas State University Physics
Dept.

http://web.phys.ksu.edu/vqmorig/tuto...0Photons..html

"It has been demonstrated that light-sensitive cells in our eye (rod
cells) are able to detect single photons."
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com

Old May 24th 10, 04:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Cecil Moore, W5DXP wrote:
"It has been demonstrated that light-sensitive cells in your eye (rod
cells) are able to detect single photons."

From Navy lectures on night vision in WW-2, I remember that cone cells
are used for day vision and rods are used at night.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI

Old May 24th 10, 05:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Cecil Moore" wrote
On May 23, 1:01 pm, "Szczepan Bialek" wrote:
Your eyes detect the electrons oscillations.

My eyes are in a different location from the electron oscillations.

What is your theory of exactly what is incident upon my retina that is
traversing the distance from the electron stream to my eyes at the
speed of light?

The longitudinal electric waves (electrons oscillations).
The sound waves are also longitudinal (air partcles oscillations).

The theory is from XIX century. It is not mine.
S*

Old May 24th 10, 05:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Cecil Moore" wrote

http://web.phys.ksu.edu/vqmorig/tuto...20Photons.html

"It has been demonstrated that light-sensitive cells in our eye (rod

cells) are able to detect single photons."

But remember what Bill wrote: "There
is no such thing as a photon but scientists still use that to explain
things in human terms for the unknowing masses. The best way I can
describe a photon is that it is one wavelength of light at any given
wavelength or frequency if you will."

For light the photon has about 200 wavelength.
Radio wave "photon" is as long as transmitter works.
S*

Old May 24th 10, 08:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 05/24/2010 01:46 AM, Szczepan Bialek wrote:
"Bill wrote
On 05/23/2010 03:09 PM, Art Unwin wrote:
On May 23, 4:45 pm, wrote:
Art Unwin wrote:
On May 23, 1:15 pm, wrote:
On May 23, 6:01 pm, "Szczepan wrote:

Electrons are detectable and have mass.
ah yes, that ugly little thing called mass... because electrons have
mass they can not travel at c, therefore they can not be the carriers
of electromagnetic radiation. also, it is well known that photons
have no rest mass and no charge, both of which disqualify the electron
also. you should really talk to art, he is much closer with his
magical levitating diamagnetic neutrino.

Can I rain on your parade? Light is just super high frequency RF. There is
no such thing as a photon but scientists still use that to explain things
in human terms for the unknowing masses. The best way I can describe a
photon is that it is one wavelength of light at any given wavelength or
frequency if you will.

It is math for it (Doulong). If a cristal is kicked it radiate diffrent
frequences. But not all and for a limited time.
Higher frequency bigger energy. But such packets are longer than one
wavelengh. It is a coherency of radiation.

That explains why UV is harmful, higher frequency, while IR at longer
wavelengths is just heat.

If a star or even our own sun gave off photons at the rate of burn then it
would very soon be an ex-star.
There are very few people who can think at the needed level for this kind
of thing, so let the argument continue. Really silly thinking that there
are red photons, green, yellow, etc.

Some substances emitt only one or only a few wavelengh. Sodium emits yellow.
(Sodium emitts yellow packets?).
S*

Agreed.
That is why LED's emit at only one wave length. It just depends on which
elements are in the LED formula.
Bill

Old May 24th 10, 08:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 05/24/2010 09:55 AM, Szczepan Bialek wrote:
"Cecil wrote
On May 23, 7:17 pm, Art wrote:
On May 23, 9:55 am, Cecil wrote:
eyes which evolved to detect photons, not electrons.

Where is that stated in print?

I did a Yahoo search for, "eye detection of photons", and got 705,007

hits. Here's one of them from the Kansas State University Physics
Dept.

http://web.phys.ksu.edu/vqmorig/tuto...20Photons.html

"It has been demonstrated that light-sensitive cells in our eye (rod

cells) are able to detect single photons."

But remember what Bill wrote: "There
is no such thing as a photon but scientists still use that to explain
things in human terms for the unknowing masses. The best way I can
describe a photon is that it is one wavelength of light at any given
wavelength or frequency if you will."

For light the photon has about 200 wavelength.
Radio wave "photon" is as long as transmitter works.
S*

I'll give you a partial agreement on this one. The rods in our eyes have
peak sensitivity at Yellow/green. There was a guy, a long time ago who
said he could detect a single photon in a very dark lab. So, if a photon
is anything anyhow a particle how could he see it since the equipment
was set up to radiate into a detector. It may not be in our lifetimes
that the true nature of light is discovered.
Bill Baka
Old May 24th 10, 08:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On May 24, 10:24*am, (Richard Harrison)
wrote:
Cecil Moore, W5DXP wrote:
"It has been demonstrated that light-sensitive cells in your eye (rod
cells) are able to detect single photons."

From Navy lectures on night vision in WW-2, I remember that cone cells
are used for day vision and rods are used at night.

The cones cannot detect single photons. It takes many photons to
activate the cones. It only takes one photon to activate a rod.
Unfortunately, the rod is more sensitive than the rest of the path to
the brain so it takes about 9 photons to result in an impulse to the
brain.
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com
Old May 24th 10, 08:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote:
Cecil Moore, W5DXP wrote:
"It has been demonstrated that light-sensitive cells in your eye (rod
cells) are able to detect single photons."

From Navy lectures on night vision in WW-2, I remember that cone cells
are used for day vision and rods are used at night.

I thought everyone on this group would know that. That is also why some
animals can see in the dark, no cones, but all rods in their eyes.

The cones cannot detect single photons. It takes many photons to
activate the cones. It only takes one photon to activate a rod.
Unfortunately, the rod is more sensitive than the rest of the path to
the brain so it takes about 9 photons to result in an impulse to the
brain.

Now be sure to tell the researcher that. I give up on this subject,
since you all have been trained to believe that there is such a thing as
a photon. It reminds me of religious indoctrination.
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com

Cheers, and I will try to ignore this thread.
Bill Baka