Old May 25th 10, 08:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Computer model experiment

Richard Clark wrote:
On Mon, 24 May 2010 13:34:13 -0700, Bill Baka
wrote:

those questions will be solved until the median IQ reaches
about 130 and not 100, but I am not holding my breath over that ever
happening.

Move to Lake Wobegone and enjoy the everyday experience of that.

by definition, an IQ of 100 *is* the median, and the standard deviation
is 15. IQ is a normalized measurement. (it hasn't been 100*mental
age/chronological age for decades.. )

And there's a radio connection here.. Lewis Terman, who invented the
Stanford-Binet IQ scale was the father of Frederick Terman, of EE fame..
both were at Stanford. And Bracewell (another EE) held the Lewis Terman
professorship
Old May 25th 10, 09:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 05/24/2010 11:29 PM, Richard Clark wrote:

wrote:

those questions will be solved until the median IQ reaches
about 130 and not 100, but I am not holding my breath over that ever
happening.

Move to Lake Wobegone and enjoy the everyday experience of that.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

I'm amazed that anyone even remembers that fictional lake.
Bill Baka

It's not hard to forget something that is on every week.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

I didn't know that. I may not be broadcast here in California or it is
just lost in the hundred channels or so on cable.
Cheers,
Bill Baka
Old May 25th 10, 09:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 05/25/2010 06:01 AM, Bill Ogden wrote:
"those questions will be solved until the median IQ reaches
about 130 and not 100, but I am not holding my breath over that ever
happening.

Is this a little like "Until every child is above average"?

Bill - W2WO

Sort of.
Start with two parents who are above 140 and encourage them to have kids
and educate them starting at day one. It would obviously offend the
Vatican, but religious beliefs are fantasy anyway. Just discourage
people with low IQ's so they won't breed like rabbits. It could/would
work if people weren't so hung up about their right to have children.
That show on TV, 19 and counting makes me sick. People like that are a
major cause of de-evolution.
Bill Baka
Old May 25th 10, 09:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 05/25/2010 06:01 AM, Cecil Moore wrote:
On May 24, 11:21 pm, Bill wrote:
I considered joining Mensa but their standards are too low for me.

Here's the one for you: "The Giga society is the world's most
exclusive High-IQ society. An IQ of 196 or higher is required to
join."

http://www.gigasociety.org/
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com

Yup.
I know about it but I don't think I could top that after 61 years.
My diet had way too much beer from 21 to 54, when I finally quit that
habit. Had my parents encouraged me instead of kicking me out of the
house to play with 'normal' kids I might have made it, but I don't think
I am that high on the scale. Somewhere around 160'ish is my best guess
but I am somewhat apathetic about it right now.
Cheers,
Bill Baka
Old May 25th 10, 10:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On May 24, 11:21 pm, Bill *wrote:
* I considered joining Mensa but their standards are too low for me.

Here's the one for you: "The Giga society is the world's most
exclusive High-IQ society. An IQ of 196 or higher is required to
join."

http://www.gigasociety.org/
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com

Yup.
I know about it but I don't think I could top that after 61 years.
My diet had way too much beer from 21 to 54, when I finally quit that
habit. Had my parents encouraged me instead of kicking me out of the
house to play with 'normal' kids I might have made it, but I don't think
I am that high on the scale. Somewhere around 160'ish is my best guess
but I am somewhat apathetic about it right now.
Cheers,
Bill Baka

Don't give up on åchieving thåt. Retirees usuålly expånd their life
experiences ånd åchivements.
By the time you reåch 80 the numbers måy well rise to åbove 200!

Old May 25th 10, 10:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On May 24, 11:21 pm, Bill *wrote:
[...]

so what is your excuse?
Old May 25th 10, 10:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Tue, 25 May 2010 13:25:25 -0700, Bill Baka
wrote:

I didn't know that. I may not be broadcast here in California or it is
just lost in the hundred channels or so on cable.

Hi Bill,

It is on at least twice during the weekend on NPR (I don't think
anyone else, commercial radio, has ever carried A Prairie Home
Companion). Robert Altman made it into a movie 4 years ago.

NPR is usually found in the public service (think campus stations) end
of the FM band.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old May 25th 10, 11:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Wow, I'm in awe of the great levels of genius represented here on this
humble forum! And if boys ever outgrew the "mine's bigger than yours"
compulsion, we never would have known -- or even suspected! Thanks so
much for sharing your IQs, whether known, suspected, or just claimed,
with us. You geniuses will be expected to provide brilliant insights
into those sticky problems which have eluded not only us, but also the
relatively pedestrian intellects of the likes of Termin, Maxwell, and
Kraus. Art has already shown the way and set the bar. Go for it!

Roy Lewallen, W7EL
Old May 25th 10, 11:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Correction:

Roy Lewallen wrote:
. . . You geniuses will be expected to provide brilliant insights
into those sticky problems which have eluded not only us, but also the
relatively pedestrian intellects of the likes of Termin, Maxwell, and
Kraus. . .

I apologize for misspelling Dr Terman's name. Poor spelling is just one
of the handicaps of having such a low IQ. Carelessness is another. It's
a tough life.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL
Old May 25th 10, 11:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote:

those questions will be solved until the median IQ reaches
about 130 and not 100, but I am not holding my breath over that ever
happening.

Move to Lake Wobegone and enjoy the everyday experience of that.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

I'm amazed that anyone even remembers that fictional lake.
Bill Baka

It's not hard to forget something that is on every week.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

I didn't know that. I may not be broadcast here in California or it is
just lost in the hundred channels or so on cable.
Cheers,
Bill Baka

Virtually every public broadcasting station carries it, at least in
southern California.