Old January 23rd 12, 01:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Yaesu Question on topic???

I wonder if these people need my Yaesu HT to solve the problem???

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/...n-nothing?bn=1

" Tuuk" wrote in message
Hi

I have the Yaesu FT530 handheld two meter and 70cm with battery.

The unit is very sensitive. For example, when ever I hold the unit near
some devices such as my smart meter, all frequencies show receiving
massive amounts of fuzz. When I hold near my phone (Northern Telecom phone
with many lines and displays) it also shows full strength noise. Holding
too close to the TV also, but other areas away from these things nothing.

What is this unit receiving that would cause it to go useless? Is it
measuring radiation? IMF? RF? Gama? Alpha? Sigma? Cilium? Iodine? EMF?
When I put it near the granit rocks on my sauna heater it shows a small
reading of something, I heard there is radiation in rocks.

Any ideas what the interference is that I am picking up?

It is an older unit I know, are the newer ones this sensitive to area
noise?

Any ideas what this is receiving from these devices or appliances that is
making me curious?

Thanks again hams for any advice,,,

73