Old July 19th 12, 01:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Two QRP HF beacons, One antenna

I want to run two or even three QRP (200mW) HF beacons to one antenna. Is
it possible to build a duplexer to combine 8M and 40M or 30M and 40M or 30M
and 20M. Does anyone have a pointer to a web site where I might get some
tips?
Dick G4BBH

Old July 19th 12, 02:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Richard Ferryman" wrote in message
I want to run two or even three QRP (200mW) HF beacons to one antenna. Is
it possible to build a duplexer to combine 8M and 40M or 30M and 40M or 30M
and 20M. Does anyone have a pointer to a web site where I might get some
tips?
Dick G4BBH

Sure you can and the power is not limiated to QRP either. There are two
ways to go about it. Band pass filters or low pass/high pass filters. Look
up diplexers.

Here is an example and may be close to what you want.
http://yu1lm.qrpradio.com/HF%20MULTI...S-%20YU1LM.pdf

Old July 19th 12, 04:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 07/19/2012 09:39 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

Sure you can and the power is not limiated to QRP either. There are two
ways to go about it. Band pass filters or low pass/high pass filters. Look
up diplexers.

Here is an example and may be close to what you want.
http://yu1lm.qrpradio.com/HF%20MULTI...S-%20YU1LM.pdf

Hello, and I would just add that while hams tend to use "duplexer" a lot
of others use "diplexer". Just something to keep in mind for Google et
al searches. Sincerely, and 73s from N4GGO,

--
J. B. Wood e-mail:

Old July 19th 12, 04:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 7/19/2012 11:17 AM, J.B. Wood wrote:
On 07/19/2012 09:39 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

Sure you can and the power is not limiated to QRP either. There are two
ways to go about it. Band pass filters or low pass/high pass filters.
Look
up diplexers.

Here is an example and may be close to what you want.
http://yu1lm.qrpradio.com/HF%20MULTI...S-%20YU1LM.pdf

Hello, and I would just add that while hams tend to use "duplexer" a lot
of others use "diplexer". Just something to keep in mind for Google et
al searches. Sincerely, and 73s from N4GGO,

They're different animals,

http://www.microwaves101.com/encyclopedia/diplexers.cfm
http://www.microwaves101.com/encyclopedia/duplexers.cfm
Old July 19th 12, 05:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Audio1" wrote in message
Hello, and I would just add that while hams tend to use "duplexer" a lot
of others use "diplexer". Just something to keep in mind for Google et
al searches. Sincerely, and 73s from N4GGO,

They're different animals,

http://www.microwaves101.com/encyclopedia/diplexers.cfm
http://www.microwaves101.com/encyclopedia/duplexers.cfm

Not picking on you, but here we go again with that damn diplexer\duplexer
thing. Even the people that make them will sometimes call the diplexer a
duplexer. Just look at the ads in the ham catalogs. I do know the
differance, but the terms have been used wrong so much that it is no use
trying to correct them here.

Maybe we can get Szczepan Bialek to chime in here so the thread can reach
about 50 messages about the differance.

Old July 19th 12, 05:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Ralph Mowery wrote:
Not picking on you, but here we go again with that damn diplexer\duplexer
thing. Even the people that make them will sometimes call the diplexer a
duplexer. Just look at the ads in the ham catalogs. I do know the
differance, but the terms have been used wrong so much that it is no use
trying to correct them here.

Maybe we can get Szczepan Bialek to chime in here so the thread can reach
about 50 messages about the differance.

Are the electrons flowing into the diplexer? Do the diplexer have
the counterpoise? What did Marconi write about it?
Old July 19th 12, 06:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Rob" wrote in message
Ralph Mowery wrote:
Not picking on you, but here we go again with that damn diplexer\duplexer
thing. Even the people that make them will sometimes call the diplexer a
duplexer. Just look at the ads in the ham catalogs. I do know the
differance, but the terms have been used wrong so much that it is no use
trying to correct them here.

Maybe we can get Szczepan Bialek to chime in here so the thread can reach
about 50 messages about the differance.

Are the electrons flowing into the diplexer? Do the diplexer have
the counterpoise? What did Marconi write about it?

Diplexer?
Duplexer?
Complex-ier?
:-)

Couldn't resist. It's a dull, damp day here in the UK. Someone will make a
lot of money selling souvenir umbrellas to the Olympic crowds.
73, Ian.

Old July 19th 12, 07:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Jeff wrote:

They're different animals,

http://www.microwaves101.com/encyclopedia/diplexers.cfm
http://www.microwaves101.com/encyclopedia/duplexers.cfm

That site is wrong!! What they describe as a 'duplexer' in radar is in
fact a circulator, although it is acting as a duplexer.

The term duplexer is generally used for a device that permits
simultaneously transmission and reception on a single antenna, but a
duplexer can be a diplexer where the transmit and receive bands differ.
That is, a diplexer that splits an antenna into 2 isolated ports at
different frequencies is being used as a duplexer. A circulator that
isolates a transmit and receive port at the same or similar frequencies
is also a duplexer but not a diplexer.

Jeff

The definitions I've found generally seem to say a duplexer isolates two
ports on the same, or very close to the same, frequency and that a diplexer
isolates two ports on different bands.

The definitions I've found also generally seem to say a circulator is a 3
or 4 port device in which a signal to a port is directed to only the next
port in order and says nothing about frequencies. And, as you said, is
often used at microwave to act as a duplexer.

I would guess the definative definitions would be what the IEEE dictionary
says, but I don't currently have access to that.

Old July 19th 12, 08:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 13:49:48 +0100, "Richard Ferryman"
wrote:

I want to run two or even three QRP (200mW) HF beacons to one antenna. Is
it possible to build a duplexer to combine 8M and 40M or 30M and 40M or 30M
and 20M. Does anyone have a pointer to a web site where I might get some
tips?

If you check the web sites for the various beacon networks, NONE of
them transmit on more than one frequency at a time. The transmissions
on each band are done in rotation. You do NOT need a duplexer,
diplexer, perplexer, or antenna tuner.

The danger in transmitting simultaneously on multiple bands at the
same time is intermod mixing generated in the final stages of your
transmitter. Ask Field Day operators for how that works. For a
beacon, all you need is a multiband antenna of some sorts and a uP
controller to change bands and frequencies according to a set pattern.

http://www.ncdxf.org/beacon/photos/index.html
Contact anyone involved in the network for details and horror stories.
http://www.ncdxf.org/beacon/beaconcontact.html

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old July 20th 12, 08:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Ralph Mowery" napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
m...

"Audio1" wrote in message
Hello, and I would just add that while hams tend to use "duplexer" a lot
of others use "diplexer". Just something to keep in mind for Google et
al searches. Sincerely, and 73s from N4GGO,

They're different animals,

http://www.microwaves101.com/encyclopedia/diplexers.cfm
http://www.microwaves101.com/encyclopedia/duplexers.cfm

Not picking on you, but here we go again with that damn diplexer\duplexer
thing. Even the people that make them will sometimes call the diplexer a
duplexer. Just look at the ads in the ham catalogs. I do know the
differance, but the terms have been used wrong so much that it is no use
trying to correct them here.

Maybe we can get Szczepan Bialek to chime in here so the thread can reach
about 50 messages about the differance.

For me it is enough the difference Hertz dipole/radio amateur dipole.
"diplexer\duplexer" continue without me.

Anyway, do you know the difference Hertz dipole/radio amateur dipole"

S*