Old November 9th 14, 03:57 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Write Off

On 11/8/2014 7:36 PM, wrote:
rickman wrote:
On 11/8/2014 6:49 PM,
wrote:
gareth wrote:
"rickman" wrote in message
He was taken to court in England and got a whack on the hand by the judge.

Untrue.

Then why was it in the newspaper?

Are you saying it never happened and the newspaper is lying?

Someone posted a link to the newspaper article about it and that makes it
sound as if even in court he was full of nonsense

Untrue.

Yes, there was a link to the newspaper article and it did sound like
you were full of nonsense in court.

Are you saying it never happened and the newspaper is lying?

and pretty well ticked off the judge.

Untrue.

Yes, the article sounds like you did cause the judge great irratation.

Are you saying it never happened and the newspaper is lying?

After all the exchanges you have had with him, what do you expect him to
do? Do you really think he is going to suddenly change his tune and
acknowledge all that he has done and admit that much of what he posts is
nonsense? Really?

What I expect is for him to stamp his feet and whine like a small child.

But whatever he does, I do not expect him to ever address the accuracy
of the newspaper article.

Then why not just give it a rest. Everyone arguing with him and calling
him names is just as bad if not worse than the crap that he does. There
seem to be about half a dozen in this group who are under his spell,
unable to resist his siren call. They follow his every move like a
group of small children laughing at the homeless person walking down the
street. You do yourself and the rest of us as much a misjustice as you
do him.

--

Rick
Old November 9th 14, 09:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

rickman wrote in :

He was taken to court in England and got a whack on the hand by the
judge. Someone posted a link to the newspaper article about it and that
makes it sound as if even in court he was full of nonsense and pretty
well ticked off the judge.

Yes, but he'd already been trying ti incrimnate Brian Reay by that time,
which I think is how the case came about. Mike Tomlinson said he's received
similar mistreatment, in each case being letters or other messages sent to
their places of employment! What amazes me is that Gareth had access to that
kind of detail. So there's a lot to the story that never gets told, so far as
I know. It looks like a healthy sense of self-preservation did not prevail,
on th eparts of maybe several people, so I have to wonder how, what went
wrong, etc...
Old November 9th 14, 09:35 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

rickman wrote in :

I think what you are trying to
do is to make it available to everyone, in essence to make it
unpatentable. To do that you merely need to establish prior art.

Pretty much. That would work for me so I'll look into your suggestion of
an initial filing. After all, my only concern is that when I write code, I
want it to help protect me as I get older, paying bills or whatever, without
having to worry about someone with a deliberately loose and aggressive patent
aimed at stifling anyone working on the area they spuriously claim for
themselves. After all, my work is writing code, not writing patents so I can
sit there ready to pounce on some poor sod who is anly trying to do what I'm
really trying to do.

I'd heard of prior art, but wasn't sure what it took to do it. 300 bucks is
still a tad steep, so are there other ways where I could do more work myself
to save money? I've often wondered what exactly qualifies as adequate
publication, becase I think that may be a way to do it.

Old November 9th 14, 09:51 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

rickman wrote in :

The easiest way to find out about trademark is to use it and see if they
complain. All they will ask (or demand) is that you stop. In fact you
may not ever get a reply to your letter, but if they care about their
trademark they will *have* to respond to your usage because otherwise
they lose the trademark.

That said, it is very seldom that a company is willing to give up a
trademark on an old product. There always want to be able to revive the
product in a new incarnation.

They might. At one time it outsold the piano. No other electronic
instrument (perhaps any 'serious' instrument except maybe guitar) has done
that. I'll ask first though, because one thing I want to avoid is having some
name beginning to get established, only to change it again. A shaky start
like that can be damaging. I'm hoping that anyone working in detail in direct
relation to one of their well-known products will be interesting enough to
Yamaha to at least get a curious reply. If not, I'll either think of a new
name, or put a prominent note on any web site to the effect that I can be
contacted at if they need to talk to me, and
that if they have any dispute, please do so rather than have lawyers do it
for them, as I have already tried to open civilised contact with anyone who I
think needs to know. I'll be polite about it, but I'll be clear that I do not
want litigation battles.
Old November 9th 14, 12:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"rickman" wrote in message
Then why not just give it a rest. Everyone arguing with him and calling
him names is just as bad if not worse than the crap that he does. There
seem to be about half a dozen in this group who are under his spell,
unable to resist his siren call. They follow his every move like a group
of small children laughing at the homeless person walking down the street.
You do yourself and the rest of us as much a misjustice as you do him.

WHS

All that I have ever sought on Usenet amateur radio is technical discussion
with mature and civil personages.

Unfortunately, there are rather a lot of attention-seekers with closed minds
who can only ever respond in a childish manner.

Sic transit gloria Mundi

Old November 9th 14, 12:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,uk.radio.amateur

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
You don't have to push him. He wants the attention and seeks out rows. You
can ignore him for
years are still he persists. He keeps his vendettas running for decades,
as
he does some of his
crazy technical theories.

Once again Brian, M3OSN, Old Chap, you only appear here to vent your
spleen with gratuitous ad hominem personal remarks.

Why do you behave like that?

Why are you so bitter?

What is it that makes you seem to be desperately unhappy?

Why not contribute some valid technical material, although
perhaps your ridiculous statements that Maxwell's Equations
for static fields have no non-zero differentials might sully
your standing to some extent.

[tapr-announce] write now Stan Horzepa Digital 0 July 7th 09 04:59 AM
Somebody should write to the Delano tx... running dogg Shortwave 4 February 14th 06 05:08 PM
Write your own caption! David Shortwave 7 May 10th 05 03:40 AM
Did Geo write this? U Know Who CB 0 December 24th 04 02:04 AM
Would you like to write about your hobby for one of the UK's top websites? Steve Roche General 0 February 13th 04 10:18 AM