Old April 15th 04, 02:19 AM
Corbin Ray

I downloaded OTS Juke so I play radio on my computer, and I've got some WLS
jingles intermixed with my music. And since the program has an excellent
dynamic processor, I try to create the Big 89 sound as closely as possible.
I'm still in the tweaking stage (as I have been for over two years).

I don't stream my "station" or anything, just play it for my sake till my
wife makes me turn it down.

Old April 15th 04, 02:20 AM
Mark Roberts

Peter H. had written:

| The primary beneficiary of this is the Kansas City 1190.

The main benefits there are (a) removal of the critical-hours
restriction (but I'm not sure about this) and (b) the ability to
increase night power and loosen up the pattern to better serve the
parts of Kansas City that are north of the Missouri River.

--
Mark Roberts | "If it weren't for stupid people, there wouldn't be news."
Oakland, Cal.| -- me, in tvbarn2, to which Tom Heald responded -- "or sports...

Old April 15th 04, 02:20 AM
RHF

TB,

Lets Get Real and Be Honest 'about' "Air America"
- A lot of AIR !
- Very Little of 'real' America [.]

First - Dealing with the Fact that "Air America"
has a White Liberal Elitist FACE [.]
http://www.airamericaradio.com/

Lets Look WHO is On-the-Air:
* Al Franken & Katherine Lanpher
{White-on-White}
* Janeane Garofalo and Sam Seder
{White-on-White}
* Randi Rhodes
{Yes She IS White Too}
* Lizz Winstead, Chuck D and Rachel Maddow
{White-on-White with Black in the Middle}
* Mark Riley, Sue Ellicott and Marc Maron
{Black with White-on-White}
* Marty Kaplan
{Yes He IS White Too}
Laura Flanders
{Yes She IS White Too}

Oh What is Missing Now in the Mix . . .
- No Hispanics ?
- No Asians ?
- No Native Americans ?

Second - Reality Sucks !
The True FACE of Air America's "Mighty White" Management Team:
http://www.airamericaradio.com/pub/resAboutUs.htm

* Evan M. Cohen - Chairman, Air America Radio
* Rex Sorensen - Vice-Chairman, Air America Radio
* Mark Walsh - CEO
* Jon Sinton - President
* David Goodfriend - Executive Vice President, General Counsel
* Javier Saade - Executive Vice President
* Doug Kreeger - Executive V.P., Electronic Media/Development
* Jacqui Rossinsky - Executive Vice President, Sales
* Dave Logan - Executive Vice President, Programming and Operations
* Shelley Lewis - Senior Vice President, News Programming
* Lizz Winstead - Senior Vice President, Entertainment Programming
* Carl Ginsburg - Executive Producer

Just the Facts ~ RHF
..
..
= = = Tom Betz wrote in message
= = = ...
Quoth (RHF) in :

So we now see the selling out of the Minority Community to
'benefit' the interests of a few White Liberal ELITISTS.

Mark Riley and Chuck D are "White Liberal Elitists"?

They'll be very surprised to hear that.

Old April 15th 04, 03:09 AM
Paul Jensen

"Rich Wood" wrote in message
On 13 Apr 2004 02:23:07 GMT, pamthis (Sid Schweiger)
wrote:
Air America is paying Percy Sutton for his time from 6am to 11pm.

Well......maybe not.

Old April 15th 04, 03:09 AM
Sid Schweiger

Hello, simply read their 'original' Application for the Radio Station License.
The Devil is in the Details ;-}

Thanks for ignoring what I wrote. The "original" application is irrelevant,
especially when programming promises were eliminated from license renewals 30
years ago.

Try paying attention next time.

Old April 15th 04, 06:11 AM
Tom Betz

Quoth Bill Blomgren in
:

On 14 Apr 2004 14:43:00 GMT, (baroos) wrote:

AA has probably had the most successful launch in the history of talk
radio.

With 5 or 6 stations?

They added 6 more today. After being on the air all of two weeks. That's
pretty good.

http://ln-s.net/X3

And it apparently has been pulled
from Chicago and LA because their check bounced (per news reports this
evening.)

Bogus news reports.

Air America leased the two months prior to their debut on WNTD in Chicago and
KBLA in Los Angeles, and allowed Arthur Liu (owner of the stations) to run
filler during those two months.

Liu, in violation of their contract, leased the LA station during those
two months to someone else. It's as if you rented an apartment from
someone but couldn't move in for two months, so the landlord rents it
to someone else for those two months -- double-dipping.

When Air America discovered this (two days ago) they notified Liu that they
wanted to arbitrate this violation per their contract and stopped payment on
one check for the LA station per their contract. Liu, in violation of BOTH
contracts, cut them off in both LA and Chicago.

So now AA is taking Liu to court. Doubtless, they'll have a TRO in hand and
be back on the air in Chicago and LA a few days.

You can read AA's own rant on the subject at
http://airamericaradio.com/pub/resNews.htm, and their stiffer press release
at http://ln-s.net/X4.

If you have a really twisted sense of entertainment, you can get your jollies
off AA's court filing at:
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0414043air1.html.

If AA wasn't proving to be such a success, Liu wouldn't be motivated to shake
them down like this. They could quietly take this opportunity to get out of
their contract with Liu; but they want back on the air, and are going to
fight tooth and nail.

--
"I am afeard there are few die well that die in a battle; for how can they
charitably dispose of anything when blood is their argument? Now, if these

Old April 15th 04, 05:15 PM
Rich Wood

On 14 Apr 2004 14:42:59 GMT, "T. Early"
wrote:

That's a reasonable distinction. So should I assume that Air America
representatives did not approach the owners with an offer, knowing
that acceptance of the offer would result in CAA programming being
replaced?

Offers like this are made every day. Broadcasting is win-lose
business. If one show comes in another has to go out.

WLIB is a commercial entity. If it's losing money because no one is
listening and they can't sell time, something has to give. Supposing
BET had a radio network and made the same deal? CAA programming would
go, also.

You can't blame Air America for seeing an opportunity and making
something of it.

Rich