Old February 25th 04, 01:43 PM
Steveo

"Andy Cogswell" SHORECOGS at COMCAST DOT NET wrote:
Kinda reminds me of an episode of Cops I saw last night. There was a
woman who flagged down the cops and said she gave someone $20 for crack,
and they didn't give her the crack.

Maybe he should contact the FCC to see if they can mediate this dispute.

Hehe, Darwins theory.

--
Mopar http://www.allpar.com/mopar.html
Go 40 42 12
Old February 25th 04, 01:45 PM
Andy Cogswell

"Old School" wrote in message
Communist or not, It is a fact that 4-5 watts in to a low drive amp is
not good. I am not saying that was the reason it blew, but you stated
in you message to copper that you was putting this into this amp and
they responded accordingly. Im not sure what brand and model of amp it
was, so I cant say to much on that. When you get an amp, do not drive
it with more than 3 watts unless it is a high drive amp. Even the amps
that say they will take up to 7 watts input are full of crap.

Most radios will put out about half the PEP on SSB. With the CB he
describes, that would be about 6 watts average, peaking up to 12 watts if he
gave a good 'ole boy "YeeHaw! I gots me a new lineear!" into the microphone,
so overdriving is a definately posibility, but for it to blow with a short
burst is really bad.

All though a new amp should not have done this that soon, Copper
should have replaced it at no charge and warned you that the radio
would have to be tuned. Also note: It is against FCC regulations to
use external amplifiers on 11 meters. Not good to admit that to
Copper. They can also use that against you. Even though they know it
can be used there and know it was most likely used there, your self
admittance of this should have been conceiled.

Of course, commercial amplifiers capable of operating 25 - 30mhz with drive
that low out of the box are not legal to sell, so Copper is lucky the FCC
hasn't snatched them up like they have so many other online CB shop.

Personally, I bought an Imax 2000 many years ago from them and it's still on
the roof, working just fine!

Old February 25th 04, 08:00 PM
I Am Not George

(Twistedhed) wrote:
wa3moj cb wa3moj cb wa3moj cb wa3moj cb wa3moj cb wa3moj cb wa3moj cb
wa3moj cb wa3moj cb wa3moj cb wa3moj cb wa3moj cb wa3moj cb wa3moj cb
wa3moj cb wa3moj cb wa3moj cb wa3moj cb wa3moj cb wa3mo cb wa3moj cb
wa3moj cb wa3moj cb wa3moj cb wa3moj cb wa3moj cb wa3moj cb wa3moj cb
wa3moj cb wa3moj cb wa3moj cb wa3moj cb wa3moj cb wa3moj cb wa3moj cb
wa3moj cb wa3moj cb wa3moj cb wa3moj cb wa3moj cb

dude you have issues

From: "Jacques Strappe"
Newsgroups: rec.radio.cb

Subject: Palomar

300A
Amp Help... Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 10:37:29 -0400 X-Priority: 3
6.00.2800.1158 X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE

V6.00.2800.1165

copy
of ALL headers X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Otherwise we will be unable to
process your complaint properly
"Randy" wrote in message
. ..
"Phil D. Bucket" wrote in

message
Toll Free wrote:
Of course you do but you are a fan of illegal cb. And why
were these palomar amps never advertised in ham mags?

Again proving your nothing but a troll.

They where advertised. In most of the Ham

radio magz of

yesteryear.

Toll_Free

OK if this particular Palomar amp is/was such a popular amateur
amp why can't you discuss it on QRZ or rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

or
other "non-CB" forum?
_
Duh. The original poster won't give his callsign, Skipp won't give

his
callsign, and neither will you. Wonder why, LOL.

Thats not me posting that you ****tard now go take a length of RG8 and
shove it up your ass
Old February 26th 04, 08:22 PM
Twistedhed

That's not YOU? Who said it was? It was wa3moj posting,,he said so.

FCC Amateur Radio Enforcement Letters for the Period Ending May 1, 2004 private General 0 May 10th 04 09:39 PM
Shielding Question Mike Coslo Antenna 12 February 14th 04 01:10 PM
chuckie blast from the past version 3..... gw CB 0 November 9th 03 02:05 AM
NCI filed Petition for Rulemaking Aug. 13 Carl R. Stevenson Policy 74 August 25th 03 01:18 AM