Old January 28th 06, 03:40 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default 102" whip

Okay, then how about this: I'll buy one of those antennas, and if it
doesn't perform as well or better than a 9' whip then you agree to buy
it from me for the price I paid plus shipping. After all, if the
antenna is as good as you say it is then you shouldn't have any
problem reselling it, right? So?

I said these posts have been direct. So I guess I'll continue.

I don't trust much of anything about you. NO

Well you sure don't seem too willing to put your money where your
mouth is......

I already did. I bought the antennas.

are you so financially strapped that you can't afford
to take the risk on someone who has not only bought and sold radios in
this newsgroup without any complaints, but has also sent free parts to
some on occasion?

Who's financially strapped?

Or is my identity so obscured that you think I'll
disappear into the shadows with your precious antenna, never to be
heard from again?

As you said " put your money where your mouth is...... "

Naw, you're just making excuses because you are afraid of an objective
test of your antenna. I'm suprised you didn't try to pre-empt my offer
by suggesting that the results of any test I make will be biased, but
then again you are kinda slow.....

A test coming from you would be suspect, but it doesn't matter because
you'll never do the test anyway.

Final offer: You find someone in my area with one of your antennas and
we'll go test them up on the plains. The testing will be monitored by
your volunteer so there will be no doubt about the results. Then I'll
post the results in the newsgroup. How 'bout it, tnom?

Final offer..........Put your money where your mouth is. Oh, I
forgot. You are financially strapped.
Old January 28th 06, 03:45 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

It's secondary and arguable as to why it does what it does. All one
really has to know is what it does.

But we only have your word on that, which seems to differ from the
word of everyone else in this group.

What's my word based on? A test. What's your word based on?
Consensus?

But according to you, "we should
never trust the claim of others. You and me included."

No, I have corrected what I said and have repeatedly said you don't
have to believe me.

So dig right
into "secondary and arguable" since it doesn't matter anyway -- what
makes a Rat Shack whip such a bad design?

I don't care what makes it bad. Do the test then you can hypothesize
as to why it didn't perform.
Old January 28th 06, 04:58 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
DrDeath

"Steveo" wrote in message
"DrDeath" wrote:
"Big Rich Soprano" wrote in message
Mounted properly the 102" is king.

King of what?

King of beers?

That would be Budweiser!

Hiccup, nope that's rolling rock!

I grew up 4 blocks from the brewery. Augie owned St.Louis. We had weird laws
that said to sell your beer in StL you have to brew it in StL.

Old January 28th 06, 05:00 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
DrDeath

wrote in message

Power handling aside the 102" stainless steel whip is a good antenna
but can be marginally beat by other shorter antennas. These shorter
antennas tend to consist of large diameter antenna stock made of brass
or copper usually with a chrome plating. They also are center loaded
with a large diameter air gapped coil.. One such antenna, and I'm sure
there are others, is the X-terminator at about five foot tall.

I've never used that brand before, but have used many other base and
center
loaded units. You certainly can't count on manufactures claims of their
products performance. I'll put my 102" up against any I have used in the
past any day of the week. Nobody in my town can out talk me on the mobile.

You made two statements that need to be examined

1. Never trust manufacturers claims (or individuals)

2. You put your 102" up against others.

The only problem is that you never have put your 102" ss up against
the antenna I am speaking of, and we should never trust the claim of
others. You and me included.

So how do YOU find the truth? You must make a side by side comparison
as I have. Any claims based on anything less than that is just a waste
of discussion.

I agree.

Old January 28th 06, 05:05 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
DrDeath

"Steveo" wrote in message
"DrDeath" wrote:
wrote in message
On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 12:10:41 -0600, "DrDeath"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..

Let the games begin.

Mounted properly the 102" is king.

King of what?

Of mobile antennas of course. Unless your participating in a keydown
and need some oil cooled coil, you will get the best results with a
102" and they are good (most of them) to 1kw.

You will get good results but not necessarily the best results.

How so? Give me an example. Unless Jay wants to put an I10K on his truck.
Out in the desert he could weld 20 foot of tower in the bed. LOL

F that, Jay's gonna make a pdl2 clone before he dick's with those portable
antennas..we already have that 10K stuff swinging in the breeze.

Right, J? hehehe

I'd like to see a well made PDL2 on the market.

Old January 28th 06, 05:12 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
DrDeath

"Steveo" wrote in message
"DrDeath" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
Snipped

The 102" rocks, except for its tree pruning and over-hang scraping
qualities..oh and it's a bit on the odious side appearance wise. I have
that mount and a Wilson 1000 on one of my trucks, I rarely put the 102"
on because of the noise it makes banging off of things, and it's
somewhat directional mounted on the step bumper. (good dx shooter)

The Wilson 1000 mag mount is hard to beat for most practical
applications.

I have mine mounted in the center of my truck box, puts it pretty close
to center. I have to tie down for the drive through.

The 102?

Yup, drilled 4 holes in the back side in the center of the box and covered
it with silicone and used a mirror mount. But with the 4 inch lift and the
big mudders I had to tie it down to go through the drive through the car
wash has a truck bay so no problems there. Mind you this is not my daily
driver, not at 8mpg.

Old January 28th 06, 05:16 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Steveo

"DrDeath" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"DrDeath" wrote:
"Big Rich Soprano" wrote in message
Mounted properly the 102" is king.

King of what?

King of beers?

That would be Budweiser!

Hiccup, nope that's rolling rock!

I grew up 4 blocks from the brewery. Augie owned St.Louis. We had weird
laws that said to sell your beer in StL you have to brew it in StL.

Cool. I was born next to a coal mine in Beckly West Virginia in 1960!

30GB/month http://newsreader.com/
Old January 28th 06, 05:18 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Steveo

"DrDeath" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"DrDeath" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
[...]

So it sorta looked like Mayberry Andy's antenna? nip it.

--
30GB/month http://newsreader.com/
Old January 28th 06, 05:25 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
DrDeath

wrote in message

True, the general consensus is that I am wrong. Years ago the general
consensus was that the world was flat.

hehehe hopefully you found an ant that is better than the whip and you
will go down in the annals of history as another copernicus. cheers as
its getting late on the east coast.

It looks like I have to explain once again exactly what I am saying.

No shortened antenna can beat a full 1/4 wave length antenna of good
design. I have shown this in my tests. The X-Terminator can be beat by
a 1/4 wave length antenna, but with the same tests the X-Terminator
can beat the RS 102" ss whip.

No, you stated that you only tested it against a RS 102". You never stated
"No shortened antenna can beat a full 1/4 wave length antenna of good
design" until this post.

Old January 28th 06, 05:26 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
DrDeath

"Steveo" wrote in message
Frank Gilliland wrote:
We've been through this before, tnom -- chrome-plated anything isn't

much better than stainless steel -snip-

Eh, one is plated and the other is solid. I like stainless for longevity.

You got that right.