Old January 28th 06, 02:26 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Frank Gilliland

Default 102" whip

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 19:59:37 -0500, wrote in
:

I have always been up front and consistent with the specifics of this
discussion. If you think I'm back pedaling it is most likely caused by
your less than stellar reading comprehension.

Once again, you said "we should never trust the claim of others". But
after that backfired in your face you qualified it with, "but it is
easier to believe....." Correct me if I'm wrong here, but "never"
doesn't include "easier", does it?

Again your reading comprehension is flawed. The other poster said
never. I said "you don't have to believe me"

My reading comprehension is just fine:

======
On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 18:35:07 -0500,
wrote in
:

snip
The only problem is that you never have put your 102" ss up against
the antenna I am speaking of, and we should never trust the claim of
others. You and me included.

======

It still astounds me that people such as you think the rest of us are
so dumb as to fall for your lame-brained fallacies. Well, we aren't.

What you really should do is make the comparison yourself. We would
never believe you, but at least you'd know the truth.

That would be the ideal scenario. However, it requires that I purchase
one of these antennas that you are selling, and I don't care to risk
my money on an antenna that purportedly defies the laws of physics
with only marginal benefits, especially when my 102" whip does the job
quite nicely and for a fraction of the cost. But you go right ahead
and preach your version of "the truth" and I'll keep preaching common
sense, ok?

Well, I once believed just as you do until I did take the time and
spent the money to check things out myself. Tell me, who went farther
to seek the truth?

Yet you can't account for the results. Looks like you didn't go far
enough.

I've suggested reasons for the results, but admitted that I don't have
a definitive conclusion as to WHY the results were as is,nor do I have
to in order to post the results.

What's the difference between that and peddling snake-oil?

Old January 28th 06, 02:28 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

You don't need a antenna test range to determine relative gains.
I can only confirm the antennas I have tested. The R-S 102"ss
and the Workman X-Terminator are two of them.

Maybe so but what would convince an operator who has never used either
to pick your choice of an ant over the other? Just because you said so?

No. I said you don't have to believe me. The best I can do is to hope
that someone's interest has been sparked enough so that they would
do the side by side test them self. No one has bothered, so no one can
do any better than hypothesize.

Nothing you have posted has proven the relative worth of an X-terminator
being a better ant than any 102" whip. General consesus on this board
claims the 102" whip is superior to anything else. Not saying you are an
agent for the X-terminator but where are the hard facts?

True, the general consensus is that I am wrong. Years ago the general
consensus was that the world was flat.
Old January 28th 06, 02:28 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Steveo

Frank Gilliland wrote:
We've been through this before, tnom -- chrome-plated anything isn't

much better than stainless steel -snip-

Eh, one is plated and the other is solid. I like stainless for longevity.
Old January 28th 06, 02:29 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Frank Gilliland

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 21:13:36 -0500, wrote in
:

Send me an antenna and I'll do the test. Well?

Are you on welfare? I owe you nothing.

I have no intention of keeping it -- I wouldn't -dare- drive around
town with that gawd-awful contraption on my truck. Rest assured I'll
send it back. So whaddya say?

Old January 28th 06, 02:36 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

snip
The only problem is that you never have put your 102" ss up against
the antenna I am speaking of, and we should never trust the claim of
others. You and me included.

======

It still astounds me that people such as you think the rest of us are
so dumb as to fall for your lame-brained fallacies. Well, we aren't.

I stand corrected. You should never say never.

I've suggested reasons for the results, but admitted that I don't have
a definitive conclusion as to WHY the results were as is,nor do I have
to in order to post the results.

What's the difference between that and peddling snake-oil?

Because I admit that I am not sure of the reasons for the result but I
am sure of the result. I am not peddling anything other than the
truth. You don't have to buy it.
Old January 28th 06, 02:37 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Frank Gilliland

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 21:28:29 -0500, wrote in
:

http://www.miraclesart.com/

Old January 28th 06, 02:37 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Send me an antenna and I'll do the test. Well?

Are you on welfare? I owe you nothing.

I have no intention of keeping it -- I wouldn't -dare- drive around
town with that gawd-awful contraption on my truck. Rest assured I'll
send it back. So whaddya say?

You have proven through the years to be less than honorable, so no,
I will make no attempt to loan you anything.
Old January 28th 06, 02:44 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

On 28 Jan 2006 02:33:52 GMT, Steveo wrote:

wrote:
If you agree that a side by side comparison is best then why not

do it. I'll tell you the answer............ You'd rather argue with un
provable hypothesis than seek the real truth by your own
test.

Didn't you say something about 'let the flames begin' (paraphrasing) when
you first replied to this topic, Tnom, see what you started? lol

I said let the games begin

The discussion so far has been on subject, direct, controversial but
healthy. Much better than the normal topics out here.