Old October 3rd 03, 04:43 AM
RHF

= = = Dean
= = = wrote in message . ..
On 2 Oct 2003 12:40:46 GMT, T Lawrence
wrote:

How many movie stars have a drug problem? Do you say the same thing
about them?

Yeh - Like Robert Downey Jr.

Hollywood's excuse was that he was "Oh So Naturally Talented"
- - - That Drugs were just a Minor problem that should be overlooked.
After all he was a creative and elightened being.

~ RHF

..

..

Old October 3rd 03, 04:51 AM
Frank

Dean wrote:

On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 00:18:13 GMT, In The Middle
wrote:

In article , says...

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 22:50:12 GMT, In The Middle
wrote:

In article ,
says...

On 2 Oct 2003 12:40:46 GMT, T Lawrence
wrote:

Now we see the moralizing, pompous, conservative icon for exactly what
he is at long last. The story at

http://www.nydailynews.com/10-02-200...p-110349c.html

is just one of many stories which will bring Rush to his knees over
the next few weeks. First he was forced to resign from ESPN, and now
his syndicated radio show will be trashed as his listeners leave in
droves.

You can't be a druggie and a racist while still pretending to occupy
the conservative moral high ground.

BYE BYE, RUSH!!!

How many movie stars have a drug problem? Do you say the same thing
about them?

Yes if they behave like Rush Limbaugh.

Limbaugh routinely insults those he disagrees with. He gives them nasty
nicknames; he mocks them, besmirches them and makes fun of them far more adeptly
than his current attackers.

Are you sure you aren't describing Al Frankin?

Ya, I guess Al Frankin does this too.

But I am definately describing Rush Limbaugh in this case.

And Al Frankin.

Al Franken can't think of his own material so he decides to steal it
from the Fox News Network by using ``Fair and Balance" in his new book.

Frank

Old October 3rd 03, 06:39 AM
Mark S. Holden

T Lawrence wrote:

Now we see the moralizing, pompous, conservative icon for exactly what
he is at long last. The story at

http://www.nydailynews.com/10-02-200...p-110349c.html

is just one of many stories which will bring Rush to his knees over
the next few weeks. First he was forced to resign from ESPN, and now
his syndicated radio show will be trashed as his listeners leave in
droves.

You can't be a druggie and a racist while still pretending to occupy
the conservative moral high ground.

BYE BYE, RUSH!!!

I doubt Rush is a racist.

He frequently has black guest hosts when he's on vacation.

When he had his syndicated TV show a significant part of the crew were "non whites". (the whole crew was on camera for the Christmas shows.)

I'm not a football fan, so I have no idea if his comment was accurate regarding the QB, but in the past, I've heard Rush say something along the lines of: People who pander based on race are racist because they presume certain races have limited ability
and need preferential treatment to succeed.

I think sports fans often have a different sort of prejudice - "players on the team I like are great, players on the other team are lousy". Perhaps this was a factor - I have no clue what team(s) Rush roots for.

We'll see what Rush has to say about the drugs - my guess is there is at least some truth to it because his initial comment about it was he didn't know of any investigation but will cooperate.

Unless legal problems get in the way, I expect he'll retain most of his audience.