Old July 16th 06, 02:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave

Default Elimination of CW is a loss in the number of ways we can communicatewithother.

Sorry Blow Code, but you cannot turn back the hands of time. The 13 & 20
WPM tests are gone forever. And soon, the CW testing requirement will
be eliminated completely. It's the will of the majority. It's
evolution. You can whine, cry and carry on all you want about the CW
testing requirement. It is going the way of the buggy whip, the Ford
Model-T, dinosaurs, the carrier pigeons, and a host of other old,
outdated, and unnecessary things of the past. Good Bye and Good Riddance.

Slow Code wrote:

Yes, just as long as it's still required to get a license and the speeds
need to be bumped back up to 13 & 20wpm again.

SC

Old July 16th 06, 05:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave

J. D. B. wrote:
Sorry Blow Code, but you cannot turn back the hands of time. The 13 & 20
WPM tests are gone forever. And soon, the CW testing requirement will
be eliminated completely. It's the will of the majority. It's
evolution. You can whine, cry and carry on all you want about the CW
testing requirement. It is going the way of the buggy whip, the Ford
Model-T, dinosaurs, the carrier pigeons, and a host of other old,
outdated, and unnecessary things of the past. Good Bye and Good Riddance.

not the majority prehaps it is the will of and judgement of those that
are supposed to serve the bets interest of the people

the best interest of the people are served but ending code testing and
the code culture that has dominated it and sent it on a downword slide

not certain we can fix it with NOCode but it will be easier to try

Old July 18th 06, 01:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave

"J. D. B." wrote in
:

Sorry Blow Code, but you cannot turn back the hands of time. The 13 & 20
WPM tests are gone forever. And soon, the CW testing requirement will
be eliminated completely. It's the will of the majority. It's
evolution. You can whine, cry and carry on all you want about the CW
testing requirement. It is going the way of the buggy whip, the Ford
Model-T, dinosaurs, the carrier pigeons, and a host of other old,
outdated, and unnecessary things of the past. Good Bye and Good
Riddance.

Spoken like a true appliance operator.

If there is any crying and whining after CW is gone, it will be by phonies
wondering why their bands sound like CB.

SC