Old June 21st 06, 08:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Dave

Default Elimination of CW is a loss in the number of ways we can communicatewithother.

On 2006-06-21, Dave wrote:

I served for 6 years as Program Chief Engineer on the USAF MX
Missile (WS-118) RS/RV].

You bragging or complaining?

nb

Debunking a 'LABEL'

Old June 21st 06, 08:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Dave

Dr. Noonian Soong wrote:

darpa dave wrote:

I served for 6 years as Program Chief Engineer on the USAF MX
Missile (WS-118) RS/RV].

MX missiles destroyed my country, you insensitive clod!

Soong

MX missiles have never been launched operationally. They were decommissioned by
treaty after the fall of the Soviet Union.

If they had been used WE wouldn't be here!

You are mistaken.

Old June 21st 06, 08:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
David G. Nagel

Dr. Noonian Soong wrote:
darpa dave wrote:

I served for 6 years as Program Chief Engineer on the USAF MX
Missile (WS-118) RS/RV].

MX missiles destroyed my country, you insensitive clod!

Soong

In as much as the MX missile carries a hydrogen warhead I don't think
that Soong's country was destroyed by one.

Old June 22nd 06, 01:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Dr. Noonian Soong

"David G. Nagel" wrote in message

In as much as the MX missile carries a hydrogen warhead I don't think
that Soong's country was destroyed by one.

Dr. Nagel,

You please listen to me, I get PhD from big university. My university so
expensive most American can't buy cafeteria lunch.

Long time ago, many years, I make secret lair in Bikini Atoll. American
call it that, but I rename to Soong's Micronesian Micronation. It has nice
ring to it.

Anyway, I build androids and mind my own business, but one day I monitor
Americans and they say they blow up my island. Some missile test, but I say
waste of perfectly good rocks.

I detect submarine with my acoustics, and I transmit on ELF and say "Don't
blow up my island please!" But my Engrish so bad, they get confused and jam
me with much megawatts. I not give up though. I build big ideograph out of
bamboo, it say "Don't blow up my island thanks". But they have no analyst
that read my language. I escape in nick of time in my junk ship.

look at picture, see big hole in middle of island?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bikini_Atoll

MX missile destroy me. Now I teach dumb punk how to repair personal
computer. I get revenge. I build big contest station and beat everyone.

Soong

Old June 22nd 06, 01:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Dave

NOPE! The MX missile has 100% nothing to do with the Bikini Tests! Those tests
were conducted after WWII and ended in the 1950s. The MX missile initial
deployment was 1985.

By today's standards, the Bikini tests were low yield [~20KT] fission devices.
Today's standard is moderate yields [~300 to 500 KT] fission-fusion devices.

MX has nothing to do with Bikini Atoll.

Have fun building your androids.

Old June 23rd 06, 12:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.cb
an old friend

Dee Flint wrote:
"DrDeath" wrote in message
"Slow Code" wrote in message

Well I described a number of alternatives to learning and he persists in
saying he cannot learn code. Now I have not insulted him that I know of
(although it's difficult to predict what one might take as an insult).

you don't understand why callign someone liar is an insult

then you are truly dumber than Wismen

Old June 23rd 06, 12:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.cb
an old friend

DrDeath wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message
. ..
DrDeath wrote:

SNIPPED

Something I just thought of at the spur of the moment (not to mention
keeps me on topic), some disabled person should sue to remove ALL code
requirements, or offer an exclusion to those with disabilities to not
have to take ANY code test under the Americans with Disability Act. I'm
sure that person could even get a free ACLU lawyer to handle it.

Many years ago, 1950s, there was a very active 10 meter ham in Danvers,
Massachusetts, during the period of Class A, B and C licenses. He was an
arthritic quadriplegic. He was wheel chair bound, lived alone, and
required visiting help to get into and out of bed and have his meals
prepared and served.

He had a Class C [Conditional] license. He learned to copy 'read' CW in
his head although he did not have the ability to send. I don't think he
would consider a lawsuit appropriate.

so what?

with all due respsct to this man his problem were not mine (nor mine
his)

Some of the OTs on this list may have worked him. W1JFS, Les MacCrakin.
God Rest His Soul.

/s/ DD, W1MCE

He may not, but others that may be dyslexic, deaf, or other handicapped
person may deem a lawsuit appropriate.

May word begin to look for the accololypse I agree with every word in a
post from Dr Death

aloouth the use of this story doess illustrate what is called in some
circle "cripple casts" where the more visible handicaps claim if they
greater entitlement to accomodation

and as I have said it has been disucussed aclu is not interested and a
few people I know are looking for an antonry to take it on, however few
are willing as long as the FCC contiues to dangle the likehood they
would act in less than the 5 or years prusuing that would take

Old June 23rd 06, 01:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.cb
an old friend

DrDeath wrote:
"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
. net...
Dee Flint wrote:
Well I described a number of alternatives to learning and he persists in
saying he cannot learn code. ... The fact that
he can speak and understand the spoken word means he can learn code at
the basic level of 5wpm.

A completely deaf person can speak and read lips but he/she
still cannot even hear Morse code. What you need to understand
is that something that seems normal to you is missing in some
people. If an amateur radio license required dunking a basket-
ball, could you do it? As one who can dunk a basketball, I can
tell you all you need is enough will and effort and you can do it.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

With deaf people use can use a light or a subwoofer for them to copy code. I
don't want to stereotype deaf people, but I have found many of them to be
hooked on entitlements and expect unreasonable accommodations.

all the accomodation I want is my own hearing aid in this is my trusty
code reader

OTOH since that does absicaly oviate the the test I beleive fairness
demands I support ending the tst all together as serving no legitimate
RUGULATORY prupose

I have a
relative that refuses to wear a hearing aid, and then gets angry when there
are communication problems. This person is physically able to work; yet sits
around on my tax dollars playing the feel sorry for me card.

well I earn aliving pay my taxes I just want legal right to fair access
to the spectrum that is comon to all of us as american (in the USA
abraud YMMV)

Old June 23rd 06, 02:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.cb
an old friend

Cecil Moore wrote:
DrDeath wrote:
I have found many of them to be
hooked on entitlements and expect unreasonable accommodations.

Well then, why not just declare deafness to be a
capital crime in order to solve your personal
problem with deaf people?

don't give him any ideas he comes close to express such a solution to
many of those that don't make the grade in some fashion wrt HIS
personal standards
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old June 23rd 06, 02:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.cb

Steveo wrote:
"DrDeath" wrote:
With deaf people use can use a light or a subwoofer for them to copy

code.

Wonder why no-code ass hats like lee scott, eric oyen, doug adair, and mark
morgan can't get it done? (they're not deaf, just brain dead hud dwelling
sissy's)

but we all but have and I know we are aon the edge of success

CW is for old people anyway aint it?