Old February 9th 18, 12:38 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Computer / radio isolation for digital (or even voice?)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10x-Audio...EAAOSwDmtZlWH2
Old February 9th 18, 09:53 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

In message , Gareth's Downstairs Computer
writes

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10x-Audio...Ohm-Europe-1-1
-EI14-Isolation-Transformer-Newest/172824007609?epid=2184088304&hash=ite
m283d1d13b9:g:d2EAAOSwDmtZlWH2

That's a fantastic price. I'm using a 600/600 ohm audio transformer to
isolate an earth-loop problem between the rig and the PC (extracting the
audio to feed into the sound card so I can get SSTV and DRM pictures
using MMSTV and Easypal).
--
Ian
Old February 9th 18, 10:03 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On 09/02/2018 21:53, Ian Jackson wrote:
In message , Gareth's Downstairs Computer
writes

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10x-Audio...Ohm-Europe-1-1
-EI14-Isolation-Transformer-Newest/172824007609?epid=2184088304&hash=ite
m283d1d13b9:g:d2EAAOSwDmtZlWH2

That's a fantastic price. I'm using a 600/600 ohm audio transformer to
isolate an earth-loop problem between the rig and the PC (extracting the
audio to feed into the sound card so I can get SSTV and DRM pictures
using MMSTV and Easypal).

It is, I ordered a pack this morning. At that price cheap enough for stock.

I have some on surplus/scrap boards which came my way (I think part of
the odd digital PMR radio system 'National One' when the local unit was
scrapped) but, unsoldering them is a pain. At under £2.50 for 10, inc
postage, it isn't worth it.

are depriving those in real need!

https://www.gov.uk/report-benefit-fraud
Old February 9th 18, 10:06 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On 09/02/2018 21:53, Ian Jackson wrote:
In message , Gareth's Downstairs Computer
writes

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10x-Audio...Ohm-Europe-1-1
-EI14-Isolation-Transformer-Newest/172824007609?epid=2184088304&hash=ite
m283d1d13b9:g:d2EAAOSwDmtZlWH2

That's a fantastic price. I'm using a 600/600 ohm audio transformer to
isolate an earth-loop problem between the rig and the PC (extracting the
audio to feed into the sound card so I can get SSTV and DRM pictures
using MMSTV and Easypal).

BTW, did you know you are also supposedly a moderator for ulm, sorry a
tame moderator for ulm?

Old February 9th 18, 10:29 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Fri, 9 Feb 2018 22:06:41 +0000, Brian Reay wrote:

On 09/02/2018 21:53, Ian Jackson wrote:
In message , Gareth's Downstairs Computer
writes

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10x-Audio...Ohm-Europe-1-1
-EI14-Isolation-Transformer-Newest/172824007609?epid=2184088304&hash=ite
m283d1d13b9:g:d2EAAOSwDmtZlWH2

That's a fantastic price. I'm using a 600/600 ohm audio transformer to
isolate an earth-loop problem between the rig and the PC (extracting the
audio to feed into the sound card so I can get SSTV and DRM pictures
using MMSTV and Easypal).

BTW, did you know you are also supposedly a moderator for ulm, sorry a
tame moderator for ulm?

Oh dear, searching for support are we?
Old February 10th 18, 09:08 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Fri, 9 Feb 2018 21:53:50 +0000, Ian Jackson
wrote:

In message , Gareth's Downstairs Computer
m writes

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10x-Audio...Ohm-Europe-1-1
-EI14-Isolation-Transformer-Newest/172824007609?epid=2184088304&hash=ite
m283d1d13b9:g:d2EAAOSwDmtZlWH2

That's a fantastic price. I'm using a 600/600 ohm audio transformer to
isolate an earth-loop problem between the rig and the PC (extracting the
audio to feed into the sound card so I can get SSTV and DRM pictures
using MMSTV and Easypal).

I intend to try transmitting DVB-T on 438 Mhz but from what I have
read doing such will result in extra bandwidth due to sidebands.
Old February 10th 18, 11:21 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

In message , Lucifer
Morningstar writes
wrote:

In message , Gareth's Downstairs Computer
writes

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10x-Audio...Ohm-Europe-1-1
-EI14-Isolation-Transformer-Newest/172824007609?epid=2184088304&hash=ite
m283d1d13b9:g:d2EAAOSwDmtZlWH2

That's a fantastic price. I'm using a 600/600 ohm audio transformer to
isolate an earth-loop problem between the rig and the PC (extracting the
audio to feed into the sound card so I can get SSTV and DRM pictures
using MMSTV and Easypal).

I intend to try transmitting DVB-T on 438 Mhz but from what I have
read doing such will result in extra bandwidth due to sidebands.

I'm not sure how wide a single 'programme' DVB-T MUX is - but I suspect
it should fit inside the top end of the band. However, be aware of the
presence of certain non-standard repeater shifts (some up to 7.6MHz, I
think). Aren't some people trying live digital in the 1MHz extension of
2m? You need to check with the BATC.
http://www.batc.org.uk
--
Ian
Old February 12th 18, 05:15 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 11:21:17 +0000, Ian Jackson
wrote:

In message , Lucifer
Morningstar writes
wrote:

[...]

I have DVB-T encoder modulator that can do 4 programs anywhere
from 30 to 960 Mhz.
Old February 12th 18, 08:01 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

In message , Lucifer
Morningstar writes
On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 11:21:17 +0000, Ian Jackson
wrote:

In message , Lucifer
Morningstar writes
wrote:

In message , Gareth's Downstairs Computer
om writes

[...]

But how wide is it when it carries only one 'programme'?
--
Ian