Old December 19th 05, 08:20 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
John L. Sielke

Default Pepper And Salt (Seasoned Greetings) to all our readers - theXmas FAQ

Pierian Spring wrote:

snip

and the baying hounds replied:

snip snip etc

You know, I agree in principle that Ham Radio is being so dumbed down that it no
longer can be considered a technical hobby. (But then all of education has been
dumbed down. It is more important to assure a student's "self-esteem" remains
intact, than that he learn the subject).

What amazes me is that every time this "faq" is sent to the newsgroups, the same
idiots respond to it, and get into a flame war. When it dies down, it only
requires the repeat of the same message to get the same idiots stirred up again.

Sort of a Pavlovian response. I guess for some, it might be fun to watch dumb
animals drool. Maybe it's a UK thing......
Old December 19th 05, 08:42 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Spike

John L. Sielke wrote:

Pierian Spring of Very Dull Water wrote:

snip

and the baying hounds replied:

snip snip etc
another snip

What amazes me is that every time this "faq" is sent to the newsgroups, the same
idiots respond to it, and get into a flame war. When it dies down, it only
requires the repeat of the same message to get the same idiots stirred up again.

Sort of a Pavlovian response. I guess for some, it might be fun to watch dumb
animals drool. Maybe it's a UK thing......

The thing you need to bear in mind is that of the current 55 messages
in that thread, no less than 23 - not far short of half of the total -
were in fact posted by the OP. Some of these involve him posting - or
barking - replies to himself. I wasn't aware that Pavlov had trained
his dogs to drool at their own barking. But the chap concerned claims
a qualification in psychology, so perhaps he could name this
phenomenon for us.

from
Aero Spike
Old December 19th 05, 08:53 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
KØHB

Default One of the Chosen speaks (the same old repetitive drivel)

"Pierian Spring" wrote

A number of potential recruits are in great danger of being
misled into thinking that they are Radio Hams when, in fact,
they are nothing of the kind! As it is the season of goodwill,
let us show our goodwill by saving these poor deluded fools
from the mischievous ne-er-do-wells who will attempt to
mislead them. (Radio Hams are technically-motivated people
and not merely turnip-brained button pushers like CBers and
like M3/CBers)

The Wise Ones live in the depths of the D, E, and F-Layers, and in the servers
at Yahoogroups.com. They are the descendants of the Gods. I personally subscribe
to the theory they are the children of Thor Heyerdahl, the Viking god of Thunder
and Balsawood Raft Dxpeditions. But that's another story.

The Wise Ones criticize everything that happens on the air and on this list, but
they can't police every pileup or every Yahoogroup by themselves, so every
morning, just before daylight over Katmandu, the Wise Ones select the "Mostest
Intellegentest Ham Ever" in their layer and convey upon him the title INFLICTOR
OF HIGHER MORAL HARANGUES. This title and its duties last until the following
dawn on Bouvet, if someone is there to observe the sunrise. Otherwise your
duties end when Riley Hollingsworth gets tired of your crap and sends his
lawyers with a gag order.

If you are ever chosen you will know because a representative of the Wise Ones
will anoint your temples with oil from a forty year old bottle of Dr. Guano,
collected on Ocean Island by VR1L in 1963. For that day you will be known as The
Chosen. Your duties will be to seek out those that don't do things the way you
do them (in other words, the right way.) When you find them, it will be your
duty to correct them.

Think about all the ills of ham radio that you can police .....too wide, too
weak, too slow, too fast, what's your call dammit, wrong VFO, rotten fist, QRQ,
QRS, poor pileup control, wrong band, wrong QSL route, you timed out the
repeater, wrong lingo, not enough green stamps, you're in the DX window,
no-coders not allowed, coders suck, .... these and many other sins are all your
to root out and expose!!!

When you find these wayward ones, you will lumber onto their frequency, stand up
in your operating chair and shout, I AM A BETTER HAM THAN YOU, SHUT UP AND
LISTEN. You will now have the wayward one's undivided attention. He will think
about this very briefly, then yield to your superior intellect and ham skill. He
will be very receptive to your thoughts and point of view.

Lecture him and proceed to the next wrong doer.

Now for the sad part of this tale. There are pretenders and charlatans out there
who try to usurp the rightful powers of The Chosen. To you villainous few, I say
beware. The Wise Ones also created BAWA (Baddest Ass Whats Around). No matter
how bad you are, BAWA has the ability to be badder. You will know when you start
your lecture and Bawa yells back, "You're a jerk, but I'm a bigger one. LET'S
ESCALATE".

And you will have no choice.

But soon BAWA will tire of you and sink your little balsa boat. As you slip
under the surface you will yell, "BUT I WAS RIGHT, DAMMIT" and you will once
again prove the ancient mariners axiom -- AN OPEN MOUTH TAKES ON WATER.

dit dit

de Hans, K0HB
--
{{{{* http://www.home.earthlink.net/~k0hb

By the way, what disease DID cured hams actually have before they were cured?

Old December 19th 05, 08:59 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Pierian Spring

Hans,
You've missed the point which is that we are in a privileged
position as the result of our educational achievements. Allowing the
standard represented by those achievements to fall such
that turnip-brained CBers are perceived as our fellows is
the route to Company-Built (CB) rigs only, and our hard-earned
right to build our own gear will be lost.

It's not a question of snobbery, but one of preserving the
world of _REAL_ Ham Radio.

Old December 19th 05, 09:05 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
KØHB

"Pierian Spring" wrote

Hans,
You've missed the point which is ......

Sorry, Anonymous Old Sod, but since you made no point, there was no point to
miss.

73, de Hans, K0HB
--
Hamming for almost a half-century, and it just keeps getting better.

Old December 19th 05, 09:18 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
KØHB

"Walt Davidson" wrote

[incomprehensible rantings snipped]

Well done, Walt. You once again prove the ancient mariners axiom -- AN OPEN
MOUTH TAKES ON WATER.

Old December 20th 05, 05:14 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
an_old_friend

Walt Davidson wrote:
On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 21:18:08 GMT, "KØHB"
wrote:

"Walt Davidson" wrote

[incomprehensible rantings snipped]

Well done, Walt. You once again prove the ancient mariners axiom -- AN OPEN
MOUTH TAKES ON WATER.

I'm sorry, Hans. I'm afraid nothing you say makes any sense to us
Limeys.
:-)

well han doesn't read uch better on this side of the pond either many
days

73 de G3NYY

--
Walt Davidson Email: g3nyy @despammed.com

Old December 20th 05, 06:44 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Pierian Spring

If you wish to be perceived as a Childish Broadcaster (CBer),
then carry right on with your Childish Broadcasting (CB)
such as you do below.....

Old December 20th 05, 07:24 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Pierian Spring

You insist that www.qsl.net is "simply a page"?

Stupid boy.

Leigh Preece wrote:
Pierian Spring wrote:

No, you are quite wrong on two counts.....
1. The qsl web site is definitely a site and not a page.

I insist that it is simply a page - maybe you should learn the rudiments
of website assembly as there is no identifiable index or homepage but a
collection of orpan pages or what would have been 'parent/child' pages.

Old December 20th 05, 08:20 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Pierian Spring

Oops! -For some reason I keep losing the cross-posts,
sorted now!

Pierian Spring wrote:
The following point is deserving of a further reply, again
defeating your dastardly attempt to run away from a
right of reply by redirecting to alt.dev.null.

Anybody who pretends to be a lexicographer really ought
to be able to disambiguate a personal attack from a
well-justified political comment that criticises undesirable
social trends.

It is "meet and right so to" criticise.

One such undesirable social trend germane to this NG is the
gangrenous degeneration that is the M3/CB Fools' Licence
scheme; a scheme that is filling the Ham Bands with the
metaphorically-mixed Trojan Horse of the Mongolian Hordes
of turnip-brained CBers.

Another, since you raised the topic and I am merely being
courteous to you in responding to it, is the vested
interests of those who ride the gravy train,
those idle parasites who live off the rent money from the
sweated labours of humanity - the farmer in Kernow has
little enough money without having to support the masturbation
that is the Britland monarchy.

There is nothing in the scientific or medical world that supports
the notion of royalty - those who would parasitise in this way
are no different physiologically and intellectually from the
rest of us. (Well, perhaps not intellectually after centuries
of in-breeding)

That little-known poet (what a polymath!) Gareth Alun Evans
expressed this succintly in his poem, "In Short, Politics!".....

"Monarchy is heinous
'Cos the queen has an anus.

She sits and squits
Brown bits of ****s.

She eases and squeezes
Brown pieces of faeces."

(Look out for the publication of his forthcoming
anthology - a polymath, indeed!)

Richard Kaulfuss wrote:
On 18 Dec 2005 09:31:10 -0800, "Pierian Spring"
wrote:

I have _NEVER_ originated personal attacks on anyone.

Perhaps not against individuals, but you have certainly originated
attacks against groups of individuals such as the armed forces, the
police, the royal family, M3s/CBers, etc.