Old April 15th 07, 02:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default What Revolution?

John Smith I wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
John Smith I wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:

"Heil's"

OK. It seems a quick lesson in grammar is necessary at this point,
so you do not keep appearing as an illiterate idiot.

By the way, "John", I was happy that I provide the quick lesson in
grammar which you requested.

Dave K8MN

you have no shame, moron ...

The moron is the guy who stands on the rooftop, expresses his ignorance
and insists that he is correct, while calling others "moron."

Dave K8MN
Old April 15th 07, 03:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

KH6HZ wrote:

Sorry John.

Dave is right. You are incorrect.

Contractions are formed as 's: He Is = he's.

Posessives are likewise formed as 's: Heil's contacts all used CW.

Plural possessives are formed as s': Heil's contacts' radios were set to CW
mode.

73
kh6hz

Don't sweat it.

Amateurs (plural, and NO apostrophe) frequently attempt to argue the
incorrect to be correct, and so look imbecilic.

Part of the new amateur policy should be to attempt to correct this
image. The image of the unwashed, illiterate ham needs to go ... I tire
of the smirks-behind-the-back given by professionals.

JS

Old April 15th 07, 04:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

John Smith I wrote:
KH6HZ wrote:

Sorry John.

Dave is right. You are incorrect.

Contractions are formed as 's: He Is = he's.

Posessives are likewise formed as 's: Heil's contacts all used CW.

Plural possessives are formed as s': Heil's contacts' radios were set
to CW mode.

73
kh6hz

Don't sweat it.

Amateurs (plural, and NO apostrophe) frequently attempt to argue the
incorrect to be correct, and so look imbecilic.

In this instance, one anonymous fellow--maybe a radio amateur and maybe
not--has attempted to do what you describe. I wouldn't call him an
imbecile, just unschooled.

Part of the new amateur policy should be to attempt to correct this
image. The image of the unwashed, illiterate ham needs to go ... I tire
of the smirks-behind-the-back given by professionals.

I don't know that there is such an image. You could do your part to
better things though. You might use the internet to undergo a crash
course in the use of the apostrophe.

Dave K8MN
Old April 15th 07, 04:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

John Smith I wrote:

Part of the new amateur policy should be to attempt to correct this image.
The image of the unwashed, illiterate ham needs to go ... I tire of the
smirks-behind-the-back given by professionals.

I have no knowledge one way or the other regarding said smirks.

However, I do believe it is malfeasant on the part of anyone to not --
tactfully -- correct something they know to be incorrect.

At what point in today's society did it become politically correct to allow
ignorance to flourish?

73
kh6hz

Old April 15th 07, 06:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

"John Smith I" wrote in message
Dave Heil wrote:

That's another interesting take you have, "John". A couple of
characters want me to disclose information on my military service. I
haven't provided it, yet the quizzing doesn't stop. Where is the
bickering coming from? You have no information on whether I'm a slob of
any kind, but you're quick to make such a claim.

You haven't disclosed much about yourself, "John". Feel free to send
Len and hot-ham-and-whatever your military service information if you

like.

Dave K8MN

You fill this ng with more chit than mark battling his insane
persecutors. If your example here is applied towards defining amateur
policy, you would have us all becoming a bunch of old bickering women.

Of course, some already are ...

JS

Yes, you are.

Old April 15th 07, 06:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

"John Smith I" wrote in message
Dave Heil wrote:

[chit]
Dave K8MN

Get in the habit of using more toilet paper, the smell is displeasing ...

JS

Of course you have the option of leaving the room....

Old April 15th 07, 06:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

"

OK. It seems a quick lesson in grammar is necessary at this point, so
you do not keep appearing as an illiterate idiot.

It is can be stated at it's, let us can be stated as let's, he is can be
stated as he's ...

Possession is shown as that guys' car, that girls' clothes, sues' home ...

And, heils' manner is barbaric, idiotic and moronic!

Get it right moron, take an english class!

JS

Er...would that be an English class?
Get it right, moron.

Old April 15th 07, 06:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Mork wrote:

More like, stumble over the stumble bums in the ng ... 8-)

JS

Old April 15th 07, 06:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

"Heil's"

OK. It seems a quick lesson in grammar is necessary at this point, so
you do not keep appearing as an illiterate idiot.

It is can be stated at it's, let us can be stated as let's, he is can be
stated as he's ...

So far, so good.

Possession is shown as that guys' car, that girls' clothes, sues' home

*snicker*

"guy's car", "girl's clothes", "Sue's home"

You have very little idea of how to use an apostrophe, much less a
capital letter.

And, heils' manner is barbaric, idiotic and moronic!

"Heil's" manner is none of the above.

Get it right moron, take an english class!

It is because I've taken English classes that I'm able to see your errors.

Dave K8MN

Poor "John". He came out with both cap guns blazing only to stumble over his
own, two left feet.

Old April 15th 07, 07:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Apr 14, 9:18 pm, Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:

Hey, Dave. What word did you think Mark might have scrambled???

During the time I read his posts, he's managed to screw up almost all of
them at one time or another.

Dave K8MN

Dave, when I posted "reap," what word did YOU have in mind that Mark
might scramble???

Wait, Dave. Allow me.

Here, hamandcheese, are just a few of Mark's butchered words....enjoy.

"I disagree. if the gruop that is the Oficail site for such thing do
not funtin then the voting process and discussion are curprted and
result in a less railble pictice of the opion on Hams radio usenet
users "

But of course you already knew that...