Old July 21st 03, 11:59 AM
N2EY

In article , "Kim W5TIT"
writes:

It baffles me to no end that
it would actually bother someone to have another wait for their opportunity
to come along. I see nothing at all wrong with someone waiting until
testing requirements meet *their* expectations.

It's kinda like saying "I'm not going to buy a (new computer, digital camera,
PDA, flatscreen TV/monitor, MP3 player, etc., etc.) until the price drops below
X dollars", isn't it?

In fact, might not part of the driving force behind a "wait and see" policy?
One of the best ways to kill a sale of items like the ones above is to say
"there's a new model coming out soon that will do more and cost less".

True story: Close friend of mine needed a PDA for work. Everybody at her
workplace uses iPaqs, so she goes to the local computer store and gets one at a
discount. It's the demo model, last one in the store. Takes it home, installs
hardware and software, struggles with it, dern thing won't sync with her PC no
matter what she does. Takes it back, store tech says it's a defective cradle
and she gets a full refund.

Two weeks later goes back to the same store and gets a brand new iPaq, no
discount, with more features, longer life battery, yada yada - for less money.
Works perfectly.

73 de Jim, N2EY

Old July 21st 03, 02:20 PM
Steve Robeson, K4CAP

(Vshah101) wrote in message ...
From:
ospam (Larry Roll K3LT)

I was a no-coder for 14 years, and I didn't like it!

With the whole spectrum of activities, and you still didn't like amateur radio?
Not enough technical areas in amateur radio to interest you? You're not a radio
amateur, youre an only-coder - someone that only likes code.

SO WHAT...?!?!

If that's what he likes, and that's what it takes to make him
happy, who are you (or anyone else for that matter) to berate him for
it? What part of Part 97 says we MUST do other activites?

A no-coder stirred me up about 13 years ago, and I've been
stirred up about trying to make people see the stupidity of whining about
code testing ever since.

You only see the world as no-coders or coders. There's more to amateur radio
than that.

Vipul, YOU'RE PRECIOUS! Only a month ago you were completely
opposite. What generated the change?

People are not missing anything by not upgrading, if the upgraded privileges
don't provide anything more they wish.

Well, that's *your* excuse. It seems to be working for you. Hold on
to it, it's all you've got.

Like I said, there are many possible activites to participate in. If all you
see is CW HF, then thats all you've got.

But in hundreds and hundreds of posts, Vipul, you've said just
the opposite...As a matter of fact, you have LAMENTED the lack of
activities or opportunities in Amateur Radio. Myself and others have
been telling you otherwise but you insisted that Amateur activities
were (in your opinion) limited to two or three specific activities.

Finally wake up and smell the coffee?

BTW, Larry has frequently mentioned several other data/digital
modes he utilizes. Why do you avoid addressing/accepting this?

73

Steve, K4YZ
Old July 21st 03, 02:28 PM
Steve Robeson, K4CAP

From: "Dee D. Flint" deehays

So what do you plan to do to recruit people to Morse code. If want

others
to use it, you have the responsibility

No, what I meant is that its a better situation for me if more Hams use

Morse
code. For one thing, I won't be talking to them. But, I'm not going to go

and
recruit people to use Morse code.

You want other hams to use Morse so you don't have to talk to them. That's
extremely anti-social on your part and totally opposite of your previously
stated desires that you would like to get hams to be more social.

This seems to be Vipul's week for contradicting himself.

73

Steve, K4YZ

Old July 21st 03, 04:47 PM
Dave Heil

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article m, "Dee D. Flint"

Well, us bourgeoises and "lower class" minded people will just have to sit in the back of the bus and drink from different water fountains, won't we? :-)

You aren't even ON the bus, Len. You have yet to become a neophyte in
amateur radio.

In my case, I've not found any good reason to join a SERVICE of
pretend-quasi-military radio operators by having to relearn morse
code.

In your case, you've not even attempted the codeless exam which has been
offered for years.

Dave K8MN
Old July 22nd 03, 12:08 AM
Dee D. Flint

wrote in message
On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 00:51:37 GMT, "Dee D. Flint"
wrote:

...Those who wait do not succeed because they do
not take control over and responsibility for their own lives. It is
heartbreakingly sad to see people electing to be failures because they

are
waiting for someone to give them something.

So, your parents were failures because they elected to wait to have
sex until after they were married?

I see you can't tell the difference between pursuing success and resisting
behavior patterns with potentially undesirable consequences. However my
kill filter will take care of your nonsense posts.

Already 4 years ! Thierry Antenna 4 October 4th 04 05:16 AM
Already 4 years ! Thierry Dx 6 October 1st 04 07:40 AM
Already 4 years ! Thierry Dx 0 September 30th 04 12:23 PM
Already 4 years ! Thierry Equipment 0 September 30th 04 12:23 PM
Already 4 years ! Thierry Equipment 0 September 30th 04 12:23 PM