Old September 5th 03, 11:30 AM
Steve Robeson, K4CAP

"Vince Fiscus, KB7ADL" wrote in message news:v_R5b.268780$Oz4.71087@rwcrnsc54...

I'm sure he won't be able to come up with anything unless he was thinking
of counting raising dues, and pushing for lower standards as
improvements.

I'll watch while you TRY to show us where the ARRL has been
"pushing for lower standards as improvements", Vince.

Or shall I heap that expectation on the same pile of unanswered
questions along with all of Lennie's...?!?!

There's the Special Services Clubs, numerous scholarships for
youth and educational programs.

The recent Emergency Services programs that are not only being
funded but RE-approved for even further funding in the Homeland
Defense role bear even further evidence of the support that ARRL has
provided Amateur Radio.

So...Thee's three right off the top of my head. I don't see any
other Amateur "organization" that is promoting these programs as
aggressively as the ARRL.

Steve, K4YZ
Old September 13th 03, 02:47 PM
Clint

I heard from the latest audio news that more nations
around the world are dropping thier morse code
testing requirements.

makes you wonder if the VEC's who petitioned
to return a higher code speed test for extra class
hams are just doing so to fight the tide.

Clint
KB5ZHT

Former New York Mayor Ed Koch,
self proclaimed DEMOCRAT,
SHORTLY after the 9/11 attack-

"...everybody has a right to have thier own
oppinion... ...i'm even a Democrat... ...but
in this time of trouble, we need to show the
world our resolve and we're united, and we
should NOT denigrate the president."

--

Tom Daschle believes in the rich paying taxes....
....um, except for HIMSELF...

http://sibbyonline.blogspot.com/2003...e_archive.html

--

If you sympathize with terrorists & middle eastern tyrants,
vote for liberals...

--

"Steve Robeson, K4CAP" wrote in message
om...
(Brian) wrote in message

. com...

Jim has repeatedly pointed out where the ARRL proposed fewer license
classes and a lower code speed for full priveleges during the last
restructuring, which he always equates with lower standards.

That's Jim;s OPINION, Brain. Other than that, you have not
satisfied the question of how the ARRL has allegedly pushed for "lower
standards".

Steve, K4YZ

Old September 13th 03, 08:47 PM
Brian

(Steve Robeson, K4CAP) wrote in message . com...
(Brian) wrote in message . com...

(Steve Robeson, K4CAP) wrote in message om...

"hiram's cat" wrote in message .. .

All the ARRL ever was, is, and ever will be is a
publishing company with a 501(c)3 tax exemption
that wraps itself in fake ivy leaves of academia.
Another typical "non-profit" that milks donations
from suckers with trinkets and who's Corporate
Board and Executive Staff members skim 50%
right-off-the-top for "administrative expenses".
I dropped them, my SCM, and my membership way back
in 1984 and I've never regreted my decision.

Yet another anonymous scumbag with libelous accusations and no
proof to offer.

Considering the IMPROVEMENTS that have occured in the ARRL since
1984, I'd say your departure was beneficial. Lord knows no one here
has missed you.

Back under your rock, worthless troll.

Steve, K4YZ

Wow, Steve.

An anonymous poster posts something you agree with and you act like
best friends. Another anonymous poster posts something you don't
agree with and you go psycho.

What's "psycho" about it, Brain, or are you simply working off of
the same correspondence school degree that Lennie does?

One is wholesome and righteous, the other is scum that should slither
back under a rock. That's psycho.

Why is that?

Perhaps because the other poster didn't make a lot of assinine
assertions that are not substantiated by facts, Brain.

The ARS has improved since 1984. That's plain for everyone to see.

You may refer to "fact" in Websters to find out what they are,
Brain...You DO seem to have a problem with the concept.

Not at all. As Ronald Reagan said, "Facts are stupid things."
Old September 14th 03, 11:47 PM
Bill Sohl

"Clint" rattlehead@computronDOTnet wrote in
:

I heard from the latest audio news that more nations
around the world are dropping thier morse code
testing requirements.

makes you wonder if the VEC's who petitioned
to return a higher code speed test for extra class
hams are just doing so to fight the tide.
Clint
KB5ZHT

The ARRL has a destructive agenda. If they cared about amateur radio as
much as for the amount of money their bank account, they would have said
something at the last world conference. It's all lip service and lies to
try and get hams like me to hold our piece and hope we don't feel like
we're being lied to again.

Lied to about what?
As to the last "world conference" (presumably meaning WRC2003),
you should know the ARRL had NO voice in the conference as
they could only be there as an observer. The conference was
a representation of individual country's regulatory
administrations.

Cheers,
Bill K2UNK

Old September 14th 03, 11:48 PM
Bill Sohl

"Dick Carroll" wrote in message

"Vince Fiscus, KB7ADL" wrote:

"Clint" rattlehead@computronDOTnet wrote in
:

I heard from the latest audio news that more nations
around the world are dropping thier morse code
testing requirements.

makes you wonder if the VEC's who petitioned
to return a higher code speed test for extra class
hams are just doing so to fight the tide.

Clint
KB5ZHT

The ARRL has a destructive agenda. If they cared about amateur radio as
much as for the amount of money their bank account, they would have said
something at the last world conference. It's all lip service and lies

try and get hams like me to hold our piece and hope we don't feel like
we're being lied to again.

No, Vince, I believe you're way off base here. ARRL has a real problem-It
wants to do what is best for ham radio, and divining what that is is not a
simple chore, by any means. Then you have the other facets of the problem,
which include but certainly are not limited to, the vast array of opinions
among hams, members and otherwise, then there's the FCC and their own
budget constraints, etc, etc etc.

But NO, you'll never get me to believe that ARRL as an organization has
anything but the best interests of ham radio at heart. I do believe that

at
times they get a little off course, but they seem to manage to make the
necessary corrections.

Dick

I'm in shock, as I fully agree with Dick on that.

Cheers,
Bill K2UNK

Old September 15th 03, 12:16 AM
Dee D. Flint

"Clint" rattlehead@computronDOTnet wrote in message
well, I was speaking mostly about the nations that seem to
fight us tooth-and-nail on most issues we bring before them,
particularly the UN... my point was that I wouldn't expect
a sympathetic ear on thier end if they all have come to
an agreement amongst themselves and WE are the
outstanding oppinion. That is to say, if the reports i've heard
and that are echoed in here that many nations are dropping
thier code requirements, and more are planning on doing the
same, and of ALL countries to fight it the USA tries,
I wouldn't hold my breath.

Each country is free to do as their respective governing bodies wish to do.
There is no "fighting" involved.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE