Old May 24th 04, 08:09 PM
Len Over 21

In article ,
(Steve Robeson, K4CAP) writes:

JJ wrote in message
Steve Robeson, K4CAP wrote:

Maybe it should be No Amateur Radio = No MARS participation.

We'll never know, JJ...Lennie the Lame is the first and only
person I know of to claim that he could participate in MARS without
being a licensed Amateur.

Tsk, tsk, tsk...then what is written in an official USN-USMC
Communications Instruction is "wrong?" :-)

I will preempt Brain and state OTHER than those appointed or
hired to oversee the program by DoD.

What are you trying to state in that sentence?

"Preempt?" You have NO authority, can't "preempt" anything.

This one caveat notwithstanding, I am still awaiting Lennie'e
presentation of his Navy-Marine Corps MARS callsign and credentials of
membership.

"Caveat?" Are you having pretensions of literary expertise as well?

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Read the ENTIRETY of a dictionary some time... :-)

Tsk, tsk, tsk, more obsessive NEED to "get hated others" in here.

The USN-USMC Communications Instruction is a regulation for
USN, USMC Military Affiliate Radio System operation. It says
what it says and all working in the USN-USMC MARS program are
obliged to obey it.

That does NOT mean anyone talking about it or showing what it
contains "must be a participant." :-)

Thankfully, I know better than to hold by breath!

Trying regular breathing sometime, gunnery nurse.

That way your brain could receive the necessary oxygen to function
(at least somewhat) close to normalcy.

Get some mental therapy for that obsessive hatred you have. It will
better for all concerned.

LHA / WMD
Old May 25th 04, 01:39 PM
William

(Brian Kelly) wrote in message . com...
(Steve Robeson, K4CAP) wrote in message . com...
(William) wrote in message . com...
(Brian Kelly) wrote in message . com...
(William) wrote in message . com...

Yo Bleeper . . this thread brings up a question . . how many pieces of
MARS traffic did your morphed version of T5/NØIMD handle?

Yo spud, Amateur Radio Operators don't handle MARS traffic.

However, the Marines did have trouble getting authorized to activate
Navy MARS. So I requested that we activate an AF MARS station to
provide MWR traffic for the Marines. In the space of two dits, the
Navy authorized MARS use. An AF MARS authorization is written into
each TALCE deployment.

The Marines had NO difficulty getting "authorized".

They had trouble getting the schedule arranged for gateways and
getting appropriate equipment to the deployed units. Callsigns and
"authorization" were already in place.

Seems the Marines have a nasty habit of carrying combat equipment
into combat areas as a first priority. MWR gear comes after that.

Well geez, thanks for the clarification Steve. I've been laboring
under the misimpression that USAF supply clerks led the . . . ah,
Never Mind . . Zero.

Somebody has to get the Marines to where they're going. If they don't
mind a long ride, they take a boat. If they're needed a bit quicker,
they take a plane. Airplanes typically require a runway, and
Mogadishu had one. What they didn't have was atc and weather. Too
bad the Marines aren't self-propelled. It would save everyone a lot
of trouble.

light bulbs in rrap Mike Coslo Policy 10 December 12th 03 09:02 PM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1360– September 5 2003 Radionews Dx 0 September 6th 03 09:08 AM