Old May 26th 04, 02:58 AM
William

(Len Over 21) wrote in message ...
In article ,
(William) writes:

Mike Coslo wrote in message
William wrote:
(Steve Robeson, K4CAP) wrote in message
. com...

JJ wrote in message

Steve Robeson, K4CAP wrote:

Maybe it should be No Amateur Radio = No MARS participation.

We'll never know, JJ...Lennie the Lame is the first and only
person I know of to claim that he could participate in MARS without
being a licensed Amateur.

And Steve "I got a Uniform and Rank in the USAF Civil Air Patrol"
Gunnery Nurse K4YZ/K4CAP Robeson is the only person in recorded (as
in Google) human history to decla

"Sorry Hans, MARS IS Amateur Radio."

It's just too ridiculous to ignore.

But the PCTA ignore it ("TAFKARJ has no opinion").

We're just sitting back and letting you two have your back alley brawl!

8^) T'aint a good idea to get involved in it....

- Mike KB3EIA -

I think something as absurd as what Steve is trying to defend is worth
rubbing his nose in it again and again.

Do you agree with "Sorry Hans, MARS IS Amateur Radio" ?

Someone's "medical rehabilitation" wasn't finished.

"M" in MARS = MILITARY

"A" in MARS = AFFILIATE

Yon leatherneck (and rest of body) is unable to differentiate between
Amateur Radio and Military Affiliate Radio System.

Maybe medical science wasn't up to the task of finishing the
"rehabilitation" program?

Mike is unable to compete in this arena. [ice is too cold for him]

TAFKARJ is busy with 160 years ago and the first COMMERCIAL
use of manual telegraphy done by PROFESSIONALS. :-)

Herr Robust has gone out to buy more poison with which to flavor
his "replies." [or maybe his pen dissolved in the acid]

Katapult Kellie is scrounging up a camera to snap more bears for
Navy intelligence.

Hans has been hitting the gym so that he could "throw out with
great force." [or throw up, unknown...]

Wince Ficus bloomed early with a teeny, tiny nastygram.

Gunnery nurse can't think for all the noise of singing "Halls of
Montezuma" and other little gems of murine brainwashing while
confusing the Amateur's Code with code of civil, civilian conduct.

Mama Dee is silent, apparently out disciplining other children.

What a cast of characters to convince anyone of "enjoying the
magic of having one's very own radio station by learning morris
goad in order to talk legally via SSB." :-)

LHA / WMD

When asked if "Sorry Hans, MARS IS Amateur Radio," was true,
TAFKARJ had no opinion!!!

Hi hi hi!

The PCTA has all but fallen apart. They are impotent.
Old May 26th 04, 06:06 AM
Len Over 21

In article ,
(William) writes:

(Len Over 21) wrote in message
In article ,
(William) writes:

JJ wrote in message

Steve Robeson, K4CAP wrote:

[...]

Maybe we can take up a collection to have Mark Martin deliver
some "Hamagra" to the PCTA after NASCAR racing season
is over. :-)

LHA / WMD

Old May 26th 04, 06:06 AM
Len Over 21

In article , Robert Casey
writes:

What a cast of characters to convince anyone of "enjoying the
magic of having one's very own radio station by learning morris
goad in order to talk legally via SSB."

Hot Flash, Hot Rod...

It's not required to learn Morse Code to use SSB.

I know that...in military and commercial radio. I used SSB voice
the first time in 1954 communicating with Hawaii from Tokyo.

You really CANNOT read Part 97 with any comprehension, can
you?

What part of Part 97 stumps you? Let us know and maybe one of
us can help you out...

There are SSB subbands on 6 and 2 meter bands. And that requires only a
code free tech license.

Take a look at the tables in Part 97. You will see that ALL bands
from 50.1 upward (except for 144.0 to 144.1 MHz) are marked
"MCW, phone, image, RTTY, data." (page 640 of Volume 5, the
table above 97.307, 1 Oct 03 edition of Title 47 C.F.R.)

Thank you for the illuminating offer of explanation but the regulations
are easy enough to read. I'm not the one needing the explanation.

By the way, there's no indication of "SSB subbands" in the real
official regulations from the government. "Phone" is phone, meaning
the same as voice.

The "M" in MARS = MILITARY

The "A" in MARS = AFFILIATE

MARS is NOT amateur radio.

Sure MARS is not ham radio, but are not most MARS operators also
ham radio licensees? Hams that have been authorized by the military to
operate on MARS radio systems using military owned stations for military
traffic?

According to one Amateur Extra, "MARS is ham radio."

According to the Department of Defense, the U.S. Army, the U.S.
Air Force, and the U.S. Navy, it is the MILITARY AFFILIATE
Radio System. I gave the necessary document identification in
here.

Once MARS got the AN/FRC-93 transceiver after 1965, MARS
operators in Vietnam were making phone patches to the States
at a rate of 40,000-plus per month. [that's four decades back in
time] [source: Copy of "Communications-Electronics, Vietnam,
1964-1970," viewable/downloadable at the U.S. Army Center for
Military History]

Can you identify the AN/FRC-93? You should be able to as it is
a familiar radio to most U.S. amateurs. Need a TM on it? That's
available for free download from LOGSA.

What's your point in your reply? I am familiar with several Parts
in Title 47 C.F.R. Not difficult with Part 97, the shortest one in
Volume 5 of the five published volumes (published biannually by
the U. S. Government Printing Office).

I'm not any role-model for U.S. amateur radio public relations.
That's the task of the Amateur Extra who keeps shouting that
"MARS is amateur radio!" If you want better PR for ham radio
then I'd suggest you have a long chat with that Amateur Extra.
I'd say he reflects badly on U.S. amateur radio which is your
avocation too.

LHA / WMD

Old May 26th 04, 01:20 PM
William

Robert Casey wrote in message ...

What a cast of characters to convince anyone of "enjoying the
magic of having one's very own radio station by learning morris
goad in order to talk legally via SSB."

Hot Flash, Hot Rod...

It's not required to learn Morse Code to use SSB.

I know that...in military and commercial radio. I used SSB voice
the first time in 1954 communicating with Hawaii from Tokyo.

You really CANNOT read Part 97 with any comprehension, can
you?

What part of Part 97 stumps you? Let us know and maybe one of
us can help you out...

There are SSB subbands on 6 and 2 meter bands. And that requires only a
code free
tech license.

The "M" in MARS = MILITARY

The "A" in MARS = AFFILIATE

MARS is NOT amateur radio.

Sure MARS is not ham radio,

But Steve says, Sorry Hans, MARS IS Amateur Radio."

but are not most MARS operators also
ham radio licensees? Hams that have been authorized by the military to
operate on MARS radio systems using military owned stations for military
traffic?

Most municipal radio operators wear a police uniform.

light bulbs in rrap Mike Coslo Policy 10 December 12th 03 09:02 PM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1360– September 5 2003 Radionews Dx 0 September 6th 03 09:08 AM