Old May 27th 04, 07:41 PM
Steve Robeson K4CAP

Subject: MARS IS "Amateur Radio".
From: (William)
Date: 5/26/2004 7:28 PM Central Standard Time
(Steve Robeson K4CAP) wrote in message

Robert asks you a question about Amateurs operating on military
frequencies for military purposes and YOU respond with some assinine

statement
about "most municipal radio operators" wearing police uniforms.

So?

"So?", indeed.

That in ITSELF is completely foolish since police departments are only

fractional part of most municipal payrolls. There's the Fire Department,

EMS,
Department of Sanitation, the utilities departments, roads and highways,
etc...all of whom hav SOME sort of radio service that they use.

Does it make them Policemen? Does it make them MARS Ops?

Does it make any difference to you that youw ere AGAIN shown to have been
wrong?

Does it make any difference to you that it's an easy thing to do?

Remember, Brain, YOU are the one who set the "precedent" that if there

is
even ONE example to the contrary, you have been proven WRONG.

I kindly direct you to the word, "most" in my response.

I see that.

That's what's wrong, PuppetBoy.

The police department does NOT constitute the "most" of any municipal pool
of employees. Even in the smallest towns that I have lived in the police force
represented, at the MOST, 1/4th of the municipal payroll.

YOU said that MOST "municipal radio operators (wore) police uniforms".

That is wrong. Even in YOUR community.

Would you say that "most" means, "is" or "equal to?"

Now...HOW did you go from discussing operating on military frequencies

"municipal radio operators"...?!?!

How did you go from MARS to Amateur Radio?

MARS is dependent upon Amateur Radio. No Amatuer Radio = No MARS.

Steve, K4YZ

Old May 28th 04, 01:28 AM
Len Over 21

In article , (Steve

From:
(William)
Date: 5/26/2004 7:28 PM Central Standard Time
[...]

TRY to stay focussed on the SUBJECT.

The "M" in MARS = MILITARY

The "A" in MARS = AFFILIATE

MARS is NOT amateur radio.

FCC doesn't define MARS. ARRL doesn't define MARS.

Department of Defense Directive defines MARS.

MARS is a MILITARY system.

LHA / WMD
Old May 28th 04, 01:28 AM
Len Over 21

In article , (Steve

From:
(Len Over 21)
Date: 5/26/2004 2:25 PM Central Standard Time
In article ,

(Steve

From:
(Len Over 21)
Date: 5/25/2004 6:20 PM Central Standard Time
But only to those capable of rational thought. Fantasy fliers with
too much P-51 time in their frequency flyer program aren't capable
of rational thought.

P-51's are great, but not my idea of a "fantasy flight".

REAL private pilots are acquainted with the term "P-51 time." That's
a nastyphrase of those private pilots who LIE in their log-books
by writing in more time than they really have...using a Parker 51
pen.

Well, in as much as I know what would happen to me if it was determined
that I had falsified my logbook, I've never made an entry that wasn't
preceeded by an actual flight or logable training with a CFI or CGI.

Riiiiiight...just like you did all that "SSB" in VHF and UHF ham
bands.

Lennie...WHAT is the prefered voice mode for most of the satellites?

Nursie, satellites don't speak...they use TELEMETRY to "tell" the
ground their status.

And what mode is prevelent below 144.400?

Especially between 144.100 and 144.250?

No experience = flawed opinions.

Old May 28th 04, 01:31 AM
William

From:
(William)
Date: 5/26/2004 7:28 PM Central Standard Time
[...]

"Sorry Hans, Dispatcher IS MARS."

Hi hi!

Remember, Brain, YOU are the one who set the "precedent" that if there

is
even ONE example to the contrary, you have been proven WRONG.

I kindly direct you to the word, "most" in my response.

I see that.

That's what's wrong, PuppetBoy.

No. It is not. It is not all inclusive, such as your use of the word
"IS."

The police department does NOT constitute the "most" of any municipal pool
of employees. Even in the smallest towns that I have lived in the police force
represented, at the MOST, 1/4th of the municipal payroll.

Oh, I see what you're desperately trying to do.

You're including all of the non-radio users in your computation in an
attempt to find a leg to stand on.

Grasping, grasping; and still sliding downward.

YOU said that MOST "municipal radio operators (wore) police uniforms".

That is wrong. Even in YOUR community.

No, it isn't. We're kind of heavy on LE here.

Would you say that "most" means, "is" or "equal to?"

Now...HOW did you go from discussing operating on military frequencies

"municipal radio operators"...?!?!

How did you go from MARS to Amateur Radio?

MARS is dependent upon Amateur Radio. No Amatuer Radio = No MARS.

Sure they are. They use up all them amateur frequencies and rely upon
Riley for enforcement. Subject to Part 97. Hi hi!

"Sorry Hans, MARS IS Amateur Radio."

Hi hi! Ho ho!

Best of Luck.

light bulbs in rrap Mike Coslo Policy 10 December 12th 03 09:02 PM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1360– September 5 2003 Radionews Dx 0 September 6th 03 09:08 AM