Old December 24th 04, 02:58 PM
Mike Coslo

Steve Robeson K4YZ wrote:
Subject: K0HB Supports Common Sense...NOT!
From: "KØHB"
Date: 12/23/2004 11:35 PM Central Standard Time

"bb" wrote

You've had ample opportunity to explain yourself.

"Explain myself"?!?! My statement was simple and direct, requiring no
explanation. Regarding the news story about Shrub ordering up plans to shut
down GPS, I said this (no more, no less). "At first I thought it had to be
an
April Fool joke, but apparently The Shrub really IS that stupid!"

Hans...You obviously did NOT read the story...or at least read it very
well....

The intention to shut the net down in advent of war or attack was on the
table in the EARLY 90's. That the President was reviewing that is nothing new.

You and "Avery" (not me) are the dufii who brought up cockeyed notions about
"mooching" and "freeloading" and "shut down GPS for a day each year".

You should complain about all of the other appropriated (tax)
funds that our government ****es away.

I didn't say the government was ****ing money away on GPS. In fact, we
should
compliment them on money well spent, resulting in a broad range of benefits
the taxpayers who paid for it.

Wasn't it Marx who said that it would be a Caplitalist who sold the rope
to the Communist with which to hang him (the capitalist) with...???

Almost, Steve. I believe it was Nikita Kruschev once said:

"The last capitalist will sell me the rope with which to hang his mother."

I forget where I got the reference. Some television show a long time ago.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old December 24th 04, 04:07 PM

K=D8HB wrote:

The popular vote is meaningless, otherwise Al ("I invented
the internet") Gore would be President today.

Al Gore never claimed to have invented the internet.
http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.htm

73 de Jim, N2EY

Old December 24th 04, 05:03 PM
Steve Robeson K4YZ

Date: 12/24/2004 10:07 AM Central Standard Time

K=D8HB wrote:

The popular vote is meaningless, otherwise Al ("I invented
the internet") Gore would be President today.

Al Gore never claimed to have invented the internet.

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.htm

BBWWWWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA ! ! ! ! ! !

Nooooooooooooooooooo...He didn't "invent the Internet"...He just "took the
Initiative" for it!

Below are the first couple of paragraphs from the URL you provided, Jim.

QUOTE:

Claim: Vice-President Al Gore claimed that he "invented" the Internet.

Origins: No,
Al Gore did not claim he "invented" the Internet, nor did he say anything that
could reasonably be interpreted that way. The derisive "Al Gore said he
'invented' the Internet" put-downs are misleading distortions of something he
said (taken out of context) during an interview with Wolf Blitzer on CNN's
"Late Edition" program on 9 March 1999. When asked to describe what
distinguished him from his challenger for the Democratic presidential
nomination, Senator Bill Bradley of New Jersey, Gore replied (in part):

"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in
creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of
initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth
and environmental protection, improvements in our educational system."

Clearly, although Gore's phrasing was clumsy (and self-serving), he was not
claiming that he "invented" the Internet (in the sense of having designed or
implemented it), but that he was responsible for helping to create the
environment (in an economic and legislative sense) that fostered the
development of the Internet.

UNQUOTE

The author of this "debunking urban legends" article should be spanked for
having the temerity to state "Al Gore did not claim he "invented" the Internet,
nor did he say anything that could reasonably be interpreted that way."

The very quote he provided said EXACTLY that!

"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in
creating the Internet."

That was the SAME Algore who stood in the Capitol Building and didn't
recognize George Washington's bust...and THAT was on videotape!

Had Al Gore gotten elected and the same September 11th events transpired,
he would have had us paying restitution to the families of the hijackers!

Sheeeeeesh!

Steve, K4YZ

Old December 24th 04, 05:22 PM
KØHB

"Steve Robeson K4YZ" wrote

Hans jumped at the opportunity to sling untrue epithets the Presidents
way

Which were "untrue"? Specific examples please. Show your work.

3's, de Hans, K0HB

Old December 24th 04, 06:10 PM
bb

Jimmy Who? First the basics. You need to introduce yourself to the
group and give your callsign before you start calling us idiots. And
what is your position with respect to Morse Code testing?

Thanks, bb

Old December 24th 04, 06:16 PM

bb wrote:
Jimmy Who? First the basics. You need to introduce yourself to the
group and give your callsign before you start calling us idiots. And
what is your position with respect to Morse Code testing?

Thanks, bb

Assuming you are addressing me, it is a trivial exercise to look up a
call sign given a name.

My position on Morse code testing has been the same since 1963, also a
trivial exercise in research.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove -spam-sux to reply.
Old December 24th 04, 06:26 PM
bb

It would appear that much about Jimmy Who is trivial.

Old December 24th 04, 06:28 PM

bb wrote:
It would appear that much about Jimmy Who is trivial.

As are most of the "discussions" on this newgroup.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove -spam-sux to reply.