Old December 27th 04, 05:30 PM

Kim wrote:
"Steve Robeson K4YZ" wrote in message

YOU don't work for the president. Hans did. I did.

Steve? Are you referring to the military service of many men and

women?
They don't "work" for the President, even in figurative terms. They

work
for the defense of the United States of America--that means the

*people*.
Literally and figuratively.

Don't you agree with that?

The president is also the Commander-in-Chief of all US military forces.
Not just figuratively but literally - each and every branch of the
national military reports to the president. So anyone who has served in
the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines or Coast Guard has literally "worked
for the president" who was in office at the time.

What I am saying, is that I find it embarrassing that two
gentlemen of
supposed education and respectability can't express themselves with

more
dignity and professionalism.

But, you don't mean that dignity and professionalism would have to

mean that
one would say they respect and agree with a President (or anyone

else, for
that matter), correct?

Steve took exception to my use of a common term for bovine excrement in
a post some time back. I pointed out to him that Our Illustrious Vice
President Richard Cheney had used an even more offensive term when
speaking to a persistent reporter - in public.

Seems to me that I'm expected (by Steve) to behave to a higher standard
of public verbal expression than the VP. IOW, it's ok for *him* to tell
a reporter to "#@#$ off" but not ok for me to say that a statement is
"b@#$%$(t".

Double standard? You decide.

What does his academic achievements or lack of have to do with YOUR
use of
profanity or conduct in a open forum, Jim?

Oh, I see...somewhere along the way someone has used some sort of

*GASP* bad
word, and now that is what this thread is all about.

Apparently, my BSEE and MSEE somehow preclude my use of the above word
here, but VP Cheney's education does not preclude his use of far more
offensive words in public.

To Steve, anyway.

73 de Jim, N2EY

Old December 27th 04, 06:36 PM
Len Over 21

In article .com, "bb"
writes:

"""Seems like I'm held to one standard, and "F$^% off" Cheney is held
to another."""

Jim, you set your own standards regardless of what others think.

...and everyone who doesn't adhere to those "standards" is "wrong!"

For a guy who kept clipping "K5TIT" out of his posts you sure have come
up with some winners lately.

Did you ever notice that Len and I stopped referring to you as
"Reverend Jim?" There was a reason for that. Your facade of
friendliness has worn through and the angry Democrat has taken over.

No!

One reason I haven't referred to anyone in here is because I haven't
been here for a week-plus. :-)

However, I'm very sure that another Sermon on the Antenna Mount
will be forthcoming soon. Stay tuned.

So say hey to Al Franken and Ray Suarez for me. And by the way, I can
send Morse Code faster than Dianne Rheems can speak English.
Best of Luck in the New Year.

Is that the Al Franken who had a defunct half-hour sitcom on TV?

Don't know what you mean with those names. I can't listen to the
radio ("not enough interest") because I don't have an amateur radio
license. Some other big shot here told me that in words to that
effect. :-)

Happy New Year to come!

Old December 28th 04, 01:00 AM
bb

She's the "Julia Childs" of NPR Talk Shows. Completely unforgettable.
;^)

Old December 28th 04, 01:11 AM
bb

"""
So say hey to Al Franken and Ray Suarez for me. And by the way, I can
send Morse Code faster than Dianne Rheems can speak English.
Best of Luck in the New Year.

"""Is that the Al Franken who had a defunct half-hour sitcom on TV?"""

Yep, It would really suck to be a comedian and not be funny at all.
Ellen is not funny at all, and Al is almost as funny as Ellen.

"""Don't know what you mean with those names."""

Ray is an NPR semi-news guy. Dianne is an NPR talk show host. She
talks at 5WPM.

"""I can't listen to the radio ("not enough interest") because I
don't have an amateur radio
license. Some other big shot here told me that in words to that
effect. :-)"""

That's such a shame because radio is a lot of fun. I think the guy(s)
who told you that have a lot in common with an ionosonde. Always
pinging. Sometimes the info is good, sometimes it's anomolous.

"""Happy New Year to come! """
Definitely!!! Happy "WeeWeeChu" and a New Year! bb